Racial Quotas.

Race can still be used as part of college admissions. Is it unfair?
No. Why would it be unfair?

some people would say because if a college excepts a less qualified student because they need a more diverse student body that would be unfair to the more qualified student.
Those that would say that dont know their history nor the rationale behind this. The person that the college picks is the most qualified student. They are not just trying to get the people with the highest GPA's. The colleges are trying to create an environment. Therefore GPA is only a part of the qualification..

We are talking scholastics not sports! GPA should be the only qualification

They are a hindrance, There should be no quotas what so ever. Jobs, or scholarships should be given out by merit only.
Applications should be numbered with no way to denote gender or race.

I agree with you there, this would make it so that anyone who gets the job/ accepted to a school really deserves it... I am wondering if race and gender were not on any applications would there be more of less diversity in the workplace/ school..

They are a hindrance, There should be no quotas what so ever. Jobs, or scholarships should be given out by merit only.
Applications should be numbered with no way to denote gender or race.

I agree with you there, this would make it so that anyone who gets the job/ accepted to a school really deserves it... I am wondering if race and gender were not on any applications would there be more of less diversity in the workplace/ school..
At this point the name would have to be eliminated too, replaced by a number to ensure the application was truly blind.

some people would say because if a college excepts a less qualified student because they need a more diverse student body that would be unfair to the more qualified student.
Those that would say that dont know their history nor the rationale behind this. The person that the college picks is the most qualified student. They are not just trying to get the people with the highest GPA's. The colleges are trying to create an environment. Therefore GPA is only a part of the qualification..

I'm not talking about sports. Doesnt matter what you think it should be. You dont define what the colleges decide to make their qualifications.

I'm not talking about sports. Doesnt matter what you think it should be. You dont define what the colleges decide to make their qualifications.
And most important, it doesn't matter what you think either.

I agree. Your only problem is that the schools agree with me. They dont make GPA the most important factor.

I believe in quotas. There should be a bag limit of 4 Black males and 2 Black females per hunter per day but no restriction on whether taken during daylight hours or not.

I agree. Your only problem is that the schools agree with me. They dont make GPA the most important factor.

How is that benefiting the schools?

How is that benefiting the schools?
You would have to ask them. All I know is that they value well rounded students with high GPA's over those with just very high GPA's. If you are non white then its even more of a bonus. My daughter got an academic scholarship with a 4.5 GPA but she was also a Basketball player and in student body plus she volunteered at the local animal shelter. She had colleges calling left and right where as some of her white friends with the same GPA's were barely looked at.

I believe in quotas. There should be a bag limit of 4 Black males and 2 Black females per hunter per day but no restriction on whether taken during daylight hours or not.

And what makes you dislike "black" people?
Fear and the fact his ex left him for a Black guy.

Actually, my wife of 50 years is sitting right here with me. Her children know the name of their father.
I said your ex-wife.

Actually, my wife of 50 years is sitting right here with me. Her children know the name of their father.
I said your ex-wife.

Sorry to disappoint you but I've only been married to the one woman to whom I'm still married. I'm not an animal like you.

I said your ex-wife.

Sorry to disappoint you but I've only been married to the one woman to whom I'm still married. I'm not an animal like you.
I'm not disappointed. Your ex wife is pretty nice to me.

Forum List

Back