🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Racist New York Councilmember

"n*ggers belong in the fields" what in the world would drive a republican to say such a thing?

According to Pogo, that's not racist unless the person specifically states "because they are inferior", how dare you insinuate that there is anything at all untoward about it. Just the use of the word in and of itself without the aforementioned caveat of inferiority is meaningless. You must wait until such time as the speaker SPECIFICALLY mentions that a certain race is inferior to call them racist. So, since you do not know, and will never know the causation of the statement, it cannot be racism. Therefore it is moot, and should never be discussed again...ever.

/Sarcasm off.
Lol I like how, despite the sarcasm, you fully accepted that a republican said that. :laugh:

Because it's moot, totally unimportant who said it. It's not racism, it's now simply impolite, perhaps antiquated, at worst, rude.

Whether it was a republican or democrat...totally irrelevant. Since you cannot judge based on it, why quibble over a trifling point of minutiae such as the party affiliation of the speaker.

Tell me, if you cannot call that speech racist, what point are you making exactly?
I made that shit up! I had a follow up for when someone questioned it but everyone just accepted that it was true! :laugh:

So what does that say about the republican party? :lmao:

"n*ggers belong in the fields" what in the world would drive a republican to say such a thing?

According to Pogo, that's not racist unless the person specifically states "because they are inferior", how dare you insinuate that there is anything at all untoward about it. Just the use of the word in and of itself without the aforementioned caveat of inferiority is meaningless. You must wait until such time as the speaker SPECIFICALLY mentions that a certain race is inferior to call them racist. So, since you do not know, and will never know the causation of the statement, it cannot be racism. Therefore it is moot, and should never be discussed again...ever.

/Sarcasm off.
Lol I like how, despite the sarcasm, you fully accepted that a republican said that. :laugh:

Because it's moot, totally unimportant who said it. It's not racism, it's now simply impolite, perhaps antiquated, at worst, rude.

Whether it was a republican or democrat...totally irrelevant. Since you cannot judge based on it, why quibble over a trifling point of minutiae such as the party affiliation of the speaker.

Tell me, if you cannot call that speech racist, what point are you making exactly?
I made that shit up! I had a follow up for when someone questioned it but everyone just accepted that it was true! :laugh:

So what does that say about the republican party? :lmao:

No point in questioning the speaker, because it is still irrelevant.

Again...Tell me, if you cannot call that speech racist, what point are you making exactly?

God bless you, sarcasm, satire, irony, the art of lampoon, the art of poontang and Repub councilmembers always!! :) :) :)

Sound and fury, signifying nothing.
That was an inside joke that's actually funny as hell. :thup:

:rofl:

He didn't even get my poon-poon pun. Reading is a lost art.
Alas... :dunno:

:laugh:

And the discussion devolves to nothing. Emoticons and an "inside joke" are all that remain of once flawed arguments.

Last edited:
Can you quote the part of your article where she makes a value judgment about Asians? Or any race?

I read the whole thing, never saw it.

Thanks.
The mere mention of the issue is racist. You know it. The councilwoman knows it.
Newsflash. Blacks have never been friendly toward Asians. Especially Asians that move into their neighborhood and then set up businesses.
She should just get it over with and admit she does not like Asians.
She's also shit scared the Asians will vote her out of office. Then she'd have to get a real job.

Can you quote the part of your article where she makes a value judgment about Asians? Or any race?

Thanks.

Oh and while you're in there, show us where she claims to be "upset Asians are allowed to move in".

Maybe you have one of those special article readers where if you play it backwards it says something different. I dunno.
If she and her carping constituents were not upset, they wouldn't be talking( complaining) about the Asians.

Thanks.
The mere mention of the issue is racist. You know it. The councilwoman knows it.
Newsflash. Blacks have never been friendly toward Asians. Especially Asians that move into their neighborhood and then set up businesses.
She's also shit scared the Asians will vote her out of office. Then she'd have to get a real job.

See that? "The mere mention" is wacist!

But wait --- you mentioned the mention! That makes YOU a wacist!
OMFG we're all talking about it -- we're all wacists!
hair-fire.gif

Love the "blacks have never been friendly toward Asians" blanket statement. A Double! Nice touch.

The OP had one too but I let it go. Dint wanna overtax his brain.

Let me help you out Pogo.

Let's change a couple of locations and descriptors, and see if it jogs your perception.

Original:

Brooklyn Councilwoman Laurie Cumbo today said that a number of her constituents “don’t understand” the growing population of Asians moving into public housing units in her district.
Change to:

Central Alabama Councilman Jeb Goodman today said that a number of his constituents "don't understand" the growing population of African-Americans moving into public housing units in his district.

Nope. Nothing changes.

There's still no value judgment of anybody. And without a value judgment of a race imagined as "inferior", racism is simply not present.

Here's what it would have to say:
Original:

Brooklyn Councilwoman Laurie Cumbo today said that a number of her constituents “don’t understand” the growing population of Asians moving into public housing units in her district.
Change to:

Brooklyn Councilwoman Laurie Cumbo today said that a number of her constituents “don’t understand” the growing population of Asians moving into public housing units in her district. She added, "Personally I think Asians are inferior".​

Contrary to the wags here who post first and think later if at all, a mere mention of a race, or being a member of one, is not all it takes to establish "dat's wacist". It's a cute headline grabber, but it's bullshit.

Still don't see anywhere she's "upset Asians are allowed to move in" either. Also not present.
Stop it....The term "value judgment" is you deflecting. It doesn't fly here.

Thanks.

See that? "The mere mention" is wacist!

But wait --- you mentioned the mention! That makes YOU a wacist!
OMFG we're all talking about it -- we're all wacists!
hair-fire.gif

Love the "blacks have never been friendly toward Asians" blanket statement. Nice touch. The OP had one too but I let it go.
You stated that you read the entire article.....Did you?
Apparently you missed this....."Ms. Cumbo’s district includes neighborhoods that were formerly African-American strongholds, but have undergone widespread gentrification. In the 1980s and 1990s, there was considerable tension between black residents and Asian-American store owners.
Weave Meme Offends Black Korean People StyleBlazer
You will never worm your way out of this......Yer done...

Last edited:
Let me help you out Pogo.

Let's change a couple of locations and descriptors, and see if it jogs your perception.

Original:

Change to:

Central Alabama Councilman Jeb Goodman today said that a number of his constituents "don't understand" the growing population of African-Americans moving into public housing units in his district.

Nope. Nothing changes.

There's still no value judgment of anybody. And without a value judgment of a race imagined as "inferior", racism is simply not present.

Here's what it would have to say:
Original:

Change to:

Brooklyn Councilwoman Laurie Cumbo today said that a number of her constituents “don’t understand” the growing population of Asians moving into public housing units in her district. She added, "Personally I think Asians are inferior".​

Contrary to the wags here who post first and think later if at all, a mere mention of a race, or being a member of one, is not all it takes to establish "dat's wacist". It's a cute headline grabber, but it's bullshit.

Still don't see anywhere she's "upset Asians are allowed to move in" either. Also not present.
Stop it....The term "value judgment" is you deflecting. It doesn't fly here.

One of these years you might try reading the whole thread before posting shit that's already been addressed.

Post 32.

God bless you, sarcasm, satire, irony, the art of lampoon, the art of poontang and Repub councilmembers always!! :) :) :)

TheOldSchool is a card. Farts in the bathtub, bites at the bubbles and giggles like a SchoolGirl.

TheOldSchool is a card. Farts in the bathtub, bites at the bubbles and giggles like a SchoolGirl.
I'm sure that would have been a grand ol' insult in the '70's, among a bunch of dudes sitting around a smoky poker table.

But is that really the best you can do now? :cool:

God bless sophomoric '70s trash talk, fart bubbles and black lights always!! :) :) :)

Group Hug! :huddle:

Forum List

Back