Racist Rhetoric and the 2012 Election

You agree with the VA Senator's rhetoric, so that kinda makes you, well, racist......:eusa_whistle:

No it doesn't, but nice try.

I agree with her that there are people in this country who will vote for Romney solely because he is white and solely because they do not want any non-white man elected to the Presidency. Voters like Willowtree. I also agree with her that those people are in the audiences that Romney is speaking to and so she is technically right in saying Romney is speaking to them.

However, I disagree with her implication that Romney is purposely targeting those people for some reason. I also disagree with any implications, her's or other's, that people like Willowtree make up any kind of majority of Romney supporters. They're a fringe group, but they are there, and to imply, as some of you are, that there are NO people like this, even after Willowtree admitted to being one, that's just dishonest to the conversation.

nice try, well not really
but you left out the part where there are some who will vote for Obama just b/c he is black

I didn't leave it out. It's just not the subject of this thread. But since you brought it up, yes, there are absolutely people who will for Obama purely because he's black. I don't think anyone has ever denied it. I also think that's ridiculous and bad voting at this point in our political history.

Do you deny there is a, "fringe out there who do not want to see anybody but a white person in a leadership position”?

Suggesting as you do the untruth of this quote is sufficient to determine you're either a most gullible and easily influenced individual or a mendacious and light weight troll.

Pointing out the truth is not racism. On the other hand using race as you do seems to qualify.

because blacks have done so well in leadership positions?

Hey, just pointing out the TRUTH

You racists are like moths to a flame.

moth , meet flame

I don't believe it.

but then again, I'm a typical white person

I know who sees a minority behind all the ills

The e-mail claims Obama is therefore "certainly a racist" and "desires to rule over America while his loyalty is totally vested in a Black Africa."

We've had scores of queries about the accuracy of this one. It's bunk. For one thing, the church welcomes whites, according to a University of Chicago professor of divinity who says he has attended. And while its controversial pastor is a fiery advocate for blacks and liberal causes and a fierce critic of anti-black discrimination, we've seen no evidence that he preaches hatred of or discrimination against whites.

FactCheck.org : Sliming Obama

Go head fact check with your bad self :cool:

I know who blames whitey for everything

I don't believe it.

but then again, I'm a typical white person

I know who sees a minority behind all the ills

The e-mail claims Obama is therefore "certainly a racist" and "desires to rule over America while his loyalty is totally vested in a Black Africa."

We've had scores of queries about the accuracy of this one. It's bunk. For one thing, the church welcomes whites, according to a University of Chicago professor of divinity who says he has attended. And while its controversial pastor is a fiery advocate for blacks and liberal causes and a fierce critic of anti-black discrimination, we've seen no evidence that he preaches hatred of or discrimination against whites.

Go head fact check with your bad self :cool:

I know who blames whitey for everything

Dueling chain e-mails claim he's a radical Muslim or a 'racist' Christian. Both can't be right. We find both are false.

Pants on fire

To be honest, when you have two candidates who are virtually the same in everything they've actually done yet one candidate is hated and considered a Communist/Nazi/Marxist/America hater and the other is considered "the right choice" for our country, it's tough to not consider that something as ridiculous as skin color becomes a factor.

Irrational people base their decisions on irrational ideas.

Virtually identical in everything they have done? Wtf? What experience does obammy have with business?

To be honest, when you have two candidates who are virtually the same in everything they've actually done yet one candidate is hated and considered a Communist/Nazi/Marxist/America hater and the other is considered "the right choice" for our country, it's tough to not consider that something as ridiculous as skin color becomes a factor.

Virtually identical in everything they have done? Wtf? What experience does obammy have with business?

he buys cigs at the store

RDD is a perpetualy lying whiney assed liberal. you must wink nod and overlook him.

I can thank the whining assed liberals for their leadership in this matter.

Sure. Yeah. It's someone else's fault you're racist. Ok.

You agree with the VA Senator's rhetoric, so that kinda makes you, well, racist......:eusa_whistle:

Come on now, everybody knows that not only are all white people that voted against obammy racist, but they also are the only ones that are racist. Don't be stupid and rdd are immune from the scourge of racism simply by virtue of being OWS parasites.

One claims that Obama is "certainly a racist" by virtue of belonging to Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ, which it says "will accept only black parishoners" and espouses a commitment to Africa. Actually, a white theology professor says he's been "welcomed enthusiastically" at the church, as have other non-blacks.

No it doesn't, but nice try.

I agree with her that there are people in this country who will vote for Romney solely because he is white and solely because they do not want any non-white man elected to the Presidency. Voters like Willowtree. I also agree with her that those people are in the audiences that Romney is speaking to and so she is technically right in saying Romney is speaking to them.

However, I disagree with her implication that Romney is purposely targeting those people for some reason. I also disagree with any implications, her's or other's, that people like Willowtree make up any kind of majority of Romney supporters. They're a fringe group, but they are there, and to imply, as some of you are, that there are NO people like this, even after Willowtree admitted to being one, that's just dishonest to the conversation.

nice try, well not really
but you left out the part where there are some who will vote for Obama just b/c he is black

That's not racism. That is the crowning achievement of affirmative action. Without which we would not have the opportunity to believe that not only could America be fundamentally transformed from the racist, unfair shithole it was prio to 2008 into a country of verdant pastures where unicorns prance and faeries play, but also the dangerous rising of the seas would cease.

One claims that Obama is "certainly a racist" by virtue of belonging to Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ, which it says "will accept only black parishoners" and espouses a commitment to Africa. Actually, a white theology professor says he's been "welcomed enthusiastically" at the church, as have other non-blacks.

enthusiastically welcoming white pastors that bash other whites

You're right, he's never outsourced a single American job.

enthusiastically welcoming white pastors that bash other whites

Sure, your whiteness is under attack...nevermind that they do accept whites...they hate them anyway!

Forum List

Back