"Radical Islam"

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
I have a simple question for anyone who is hung up on the term in the title. Does anyone seriously believe that Obama, or progressives in general are confused about who the "enemy" is?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

It's just like Obama says, it's a political distraction/talking point. To think otherwise is just silly.
That's kinda what I'm screamin'. But, I'm gonna be curious to see what the conservatives think.

By the way, off topic. I apologize up front for any typos in my posts. Trying to post on my phone, with my fat ass fingers is a pain in the ass.

I just put up my reasoning for using the term in another thread that is dealing with a Muslim gentleman involved in work place violence. And I believe this distinction is crucial so that we can move forward. So here I go again.

"This is why I have been championing the term "radical Islamist" because it does separate the real ISIS/AQ inspired crazies from the average Muslim in our countries.

Average Muslims who have the same hopes and dreams as the rest of us, and some of the emotional problems like the rest of us, successes and failures like everyone else.

And yeah, can lose it one day and go postal. Sadly just like some of us have done. Thanks for the update."

td

I just put up my reasoning for using the term in another thread that is dealing with a Muslim gentleman involved in work place violence. And I believe this distinction is crucial so that we can move forward. So here I go again.

"This is why I have been championing the term "radical Islamist" because it does separate the real ISIS/AQ inspired crazies from the average Muslim in our countries.

Average Muslims who have the same hopes and dreams as the rest of us, and some of the emotional problems like the rest of us, successes and failures like everyone else.

And yeah, can lose it one day and go postal. Sadly just like some of us have done. Thanks for the update."

td
So, other than Trump, and his supporters, do you think people don't know the difference between a Muslim, and a terrorist?

I have a simple question for anyone who is hung up on the term in the title. Does anyone seriously believe that Obama, or progressives in general are confused about who the "enemy" is?

Obama's enemy is the Republican Party. Has been from the get go.

td
So, other than Trump, and his supporters, do you think people don't know the difference between a Muslim, and a terrorist?

You mean a Muslim and a Muslim terrorist? Can you tell the difference without a strict vetting?

Obama's enemy is the Republican Party. Has been from the get go.
If you truly think that, you are part of the problem. The Opposition is not the "enemy", and so long as there are politicians and Americans who cannot tell the difference then civil discourse will continue to be difficult, and we will continue to have difficulty getting anything useful accomplished.

td

It's not a point of "knowing the difference" when using the term. It is to isolate and define the radicals from the general Muslim population out of respect for mainstream and moderate Muslims.

td

You mean a Muslim and a Muslim terrorist? Can you tell the difference without a strict vetting?
I certainly know the difference in the rhetoric. When I hear Obama talk about terrorists, I certainly don't assume he means anyone who worships Islam. Do you?

td

It's not a point of "knowing the difference" when using the term. It is to isolate and define the radicals from the general Muslim population out of respect for mainstream and moderate Muslims.

The people who are obsessed with using the term are people who want all of Islam associated (as in guilt by association) with these extremists.

ISIS kills more Muslims than non-Muslims,

and more Muslims than non-Muslims are fighting ISIS.

You people figure it out.

td

You don't think "Terrorist" sufficiently does that? When you hear "Terrorist" do you automatically think, "anyone who worships Islam"? Because I don't.

By the way, other world leaders have not a problem using the term. Pfffffffffft. Other world leaders have also shied away from using insanely stupid terms like "man caused disaster" instead of "terrorist incident".

Just read something about DHS not referring to "jihad" anymore either. How ridiculous. Shows that they don't even understand that for Islam there are two levels of jihad. Greater and Lesser as taught by the Prophet. One is spiritual. One is warfare.

But then in America you have all these knee jerk left wing wankers running around with their PC badges over their hearts who know nothing of the faith. Just play to some bizarro agenda.

td

You don't think "Terrorist" sufficiently does that? When you hear "Terrorist" do you automatically think, "anyone who worships Islam"? Because I don't.

Not all terrorists are Muslims. It's really quite that simple to me. Take the FLQ for example. Or the Lord's Resistance Army. There are many world wide terror organizations. It's just that ISIS in particular are in the rock star category at this current moment in time.

Pretty good for being newbies if I must say.

td

I certainly know the difference in the rhetoric. When I hear Obama talk about terrorists, I certainly don't assume he means anyone who worships Islam. Do you?

The fool can't even utter Islamic terrorism. That's telling

td

Really? What does it "tell"?

td

I have to explain it? He refuses to put the blame on radical Islam for what they do, why is that? Think hard

I have to explain it? He refuses to put the blame on radical Islam for what they do, why is that? Think hard
Because he doesn't use the specific words "Islamic extremists", or whatever other label you think he should be using, you think he isn't holding those who are committing violence responsible? I think the thousands of terrorists who have been removed from the field during his presidency might disagree with you.

Forum List

Back