"Radical Islam"

So, other than Trump, and his supporters, do you think people don't know the difference between a Muslim, and a terrorist?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
You mean a Muslim and a Muslim terrorist? Can you tell the difference without a strict vetting?
I certainly know the difference in the rhetoric. When I hear Obama talk about terrorists, I certainly don't assume he means anyone who worships Islam. Do you?

The fool can't even utter Islamic terrorism. That's telling
Really? What does it "tell"?

I have to explain it? He refuses to put the blame on radical Islam for what they do, why is that? Think hard
You shouldn't ask someone to do something that you're unwilling to do yourself

I just put up my reasoning for using the term in another thread that is dealing with a Muslim gentleman involved in work place violence. And I believe this distinction is crucial so that we can move forward. So here I go again.

"This is why I have been championing the term "radical Islamist" because it does separate the real ISIS/AQ inspired crazies from the average Muslim in our countries.

Average Muslims who have the same hopes and dreams as the rest of us, and some of the emotional problems like the rest of us, successes and failures like everyone else.

And yeah, can lose it one day and go postal. Sadly just like some of us have done. Thanks for the update."

td
So, other than Trump, and his supporters, do you think people don't know the difference between a Muslim, and a terrorist?

You mean a Muslim and a Muslim terrorist? Can you tell the difference without a strict vetting?
I certainly know the difference in the rhetoric. When I hear Obama talk about terrorists, I certainly don't assume he means anyone who worships Islam. Do you?

It means he's obsessed with avoiding the term. It's one of his political distractions.

I have to explain it? He refuses to put the blame on radical Islam for what they do, why is that? Think hard
Because he doesn't use the specific words "Islamic extremists", or whatever other label you think he should be using, you think he isn't holding those who are committing violence responsible? I think the thousands of terrorists who have been removed from the field during his presidency might disagree with you.

He needs to call a spade a spade

I have a simple question for anyone who is hung up on the term in the title. Does anyone seriously believe that Obama, or progressives in general are confused about who the "enemy" is?

Analogy:
Christians refuse to take the Lord's name in vain. (10 Commandments)
Obama refuses to say radical islam

connect the dots.

Because he doesn't use the specific words "Islamic extremists", or whatever other label you think he should be using, you think he isn't holding those who are committing violence responsible? I think the thousands of terrorists who have been removed from the field during his presidency might disagree with you.

Takes one to know one....yo.

Uh. No You said it's "telling". I'm still waiting for you to explain that comment.

I just put up my reasoning for using the term in another thread that is dealing with a Muslim gentleman involved in work place violence. And I believe this distinction is crucial so that we can move forward. So here I go again.

"This is why I have been championing the term "radical Islamist" because it does separate the real ISIS/AQ inspired crazies from the average Muslim in our countries.

Average Muslims who have the same hopes and dreams as the rest of us, and some of the emotional problems like the rest of us, successes and failures like everyone else.

And yeah, can lose it one day and go postal. Sadly just like some of us have done. Thanks for the update."

td

It's not a point of "knowing the difference" when using the term. It is to isolate and define the radicals from the general Muslim population out of respect for mainstream and moderate Muslims.
You don't think "Terrorist" sufficiently does that? When you hear "Terrorist" do you automatically think, "anyone who worships Islam"? Because I don't.

Take note that virtually to a person, these people who are obsessed with getting the word 'Islam' in there, in one form or another,

throw epileptic fits of righteous indignation if ever one refers to a terrorist motivated by Christians beliefs (or what that person considers Christian beliefs) as a Christian terrorist.

Uh. No You said it's "telling". I'm still waiting for you to explain that comment.

I strongly suspect Ears is a dyed in the wool Mooslum

I have a simple question for anyone who is hung up on the term in the title. Does anyone seriously believe that Obama, or progressives in general are confused about who the "enemy" is?

Analogy:
Christians refuse to take the Lord's name in vain. (10 Commandments)
Obama refuses to say radical islam

connect the dots.
No. I'm asking you to connect those dots, as you perceive them. You seem to be willing to make hints. Why not just say what you mean?

Care to translate that into actual English?

You know full well what I meant

No, I don't think he comprehends, Sassy. He didn't understand Tyrone's post, either.

No, I don't think he comprehends, Sassy. He didn't understand Tyrone's post, either.

It was clear enough and if he doesn't understand there is no sense continuing

And, yet, you are only willing to hint around, and suggest. Why not plainly say, in actual English what you mean?

And, yet, you are only willing to hint around, and suggest. Why not plainly say, in actual English what you mean?

You're beginning to annoy me

Nope. If someone is going to be retarded enough to suggest that Obama is a "secret Muslim", I want them to say so plainly, so that when they are ridiculed for their retarded position, they can't hide behind their illusive language, and claim they never said that, or point to their clearly silly spellings, and insist they were "clearly" attempting to be humorous.

Forum List

Back