🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rand Paul says the quiet part out loud regarding elections

It is not a right, technically.
The constitution bans discrimination over voting, but doesnt recognize it as a right.
Ah. Well I will now have a task to evaluate your statement. I’ll get back with you in a few days;)

I’ll use this opportunity to “brag” about my best Christmas gift ever- a small sized constitution booklet that I can carry around! I can imagine the possible public confrontations that could happen, as I rapidly pull it out when hearing any falsehoods! Lol I better get to studying in that case. Obviously, the nerd side in me is well known to my family lol

Last edited:
I've been cashing SS checks since I was 65. I'm 92 now. It's helped more Americans than anything else America has done.
I wish i could have opted out. I could have invested that how i saw fit. But no, I get FORCED into a retirement program i dont want to be in.

I don't get the hate for people who don't pay taxes.
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”
― Alexander Fraser Tytler

Ok lets look at Apple as an example. Steve jobs did literally nothing to design or create any apple product.

His partner Steve Wozniack had the Apple one computer basically done before they ever even met. Jobs helpped market it, and put up startup funds forproduction.
Without Jobs, Apple would have been a footnote. I realize your ideology compels you to say otherwise, but successfully leading a large enterprise (like mass producing computers) is incredibly difficult, and incredibly important. It's very real work.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”
― Alexander Fraser Tytler
So they're being attacked for following the tax law.

Weird.

They vote, you idiot.
You ignore my whole point to defend freeloaders. How quaint :rolleyes:
Not very much. Voter participation is highly correlated to income. Poor people rarely vote. Rich people always do.

Not to mention poor people aren’t the ones funding campaigns.

And under your plan she could not vote.
As i told claire earlier, it was just a discussion starter.
But no matter how you restructure voting, some will get fucked, even if they dont deserve it. Which happens with just about everything.
If it was just land owners, I wouldnt get to vote either.

Only to a Trumptard.
Grow up. I'm not a Trump supporter. I'm just pointing out that the claim that the person sleeping under the bridge had just as much "skin in the game" as the person who built it is moronic on the face of it.
As i told claire earlier, it was just a discussion starter.
But no matter how you restructure voting, some will get fucked, even if they dont deserve it. Which happens with just about everything.
If it was just land owners, I wouldnt get to vote either.
Again, it's more important to restrict what we can vote for, than to restrict who can vote.

Forum List

Back