Rand Paul to reveal replacement to Obamacare this week

Rand Paul: Repeal all of Obamacare and replace immediately

As we repeal Obamacare, we would be wise to vote on its replacement at the same time.

What should we replace Obamacare with? Perhaps we should try freedom:

1. The freedom to choose inexpensive insurance free of government dictates.

2. The freedom to save unlimited amounts in a health savings account.

3. The freedom to buy insurance across state lines.

4. The freedom for all individuals to join together in voluntary associations to gain the leverage of being part of a large insurance pool.
Rand Paul says:
"Obamacare required the brute force of government through the individual mandate to make people buy insurance."

But, this is EXACTLY what we do for auto insurance.

Wrong! I don't have to buy auto insurance, millions of people don't have auto insurance fool. Get a brain.
I don't know of any state that doesn't require auto insurance or a dedicated security of a size equivalent to the insurance mandate.

It's true that cars are optional. But, health care is not optional.

That's because you are as ignorant as your argument. You are not forced to purchase auto insurance under threats of fines, penalties, interest, confiscation of your tax refund. Millions drive on public roads every day without insurance.

The Obama's NaziCare FORCES everyone to buy health insurance whether they wish to or not, or else be punished by the Federal government.

Worse, for many young healthy people the Obamacare plans are worthless. They are bloated with coverage they don't need, have sky high deductibles so the plan will never pay a dime, God that sounds like the Government. They have to pay their healthcare costs out of pocket plus the bloated plan premiums.

The much cheaper catastrophic healthcare plans they could have purchased instead...they were outlawed. Why? Because Obamacare needs to rip off young healthy people to fund the handouts for the welfare losers. And to pay for sick people who are a huge loss to the plans.

Young people who are just starting out in life, yeah lets tax the crap out of them so welfare moochers don't have to pay.
I know of no state where it is legal for an auto to be driven on public roads without there being insurance in place that meets specific requirements.

Here in WA, proof of insurance is demanded by police at every traffic stop. Without that proof, you will be headed to the courthouse - or you will pay a fine.

You need to reign yourself in or there won't really be a reason to read your posts.

As we repeal Obamacare, we would be wise to vote on its replacement at the same time.

4. The freedom for all individuals to join together in voluntary associations to gain the leverage of being part of a large insurance pool.
Rand Paul says:
"Obamacare required the brute force of government through the individual mandate to make people buy insurance."

Wrong! I don't have to buy auto insurance, millions of people don't have auto insurance fool. Get a brain.
I don't know of any state that doesn't require auto insurance or a dedicated security of a size equivalent to the insurance mandate.

That's because you are as ignorant as your argument. You are not forced to purchase auto insurance under threats of fines, penalties, interest, confiscation of your tax refund. Millions drive on public roads every day without insurance.

The Obama's NaziCare FORCES everyone to buy health insurance whether they wish to or not, or else be punished by the Federal government.

Worse, for many young healthy people the Obamacare plans are worthless. They are bloated with coverage they don't need, have sky high deductibles so the plan will never pay a dime, God that sounds like the Government. They have to pay their healthcare costs out of pocket plus the bloated plan premiums.

The much cheaper catastrophic healthcare plans they could have purchased instead...they were outlawed. Why? Because Obamacare needs to rip off young healthy people to fund the handouts for the welfare losers. And to pay for sick people who are a huge loss to the plans.

Young people who are just starting out in life, yeah lets tax the crap out of them so welfare moochers don't have to pay.
I know of no state where it is legal for an auto to be driven on public roads without there being insurance in place that meets specific requirements.

Here in WA, proof of insurance is demanded by police at every traffic stop. Without that proof, you will be headed to the courthouse - or you will pay a fine.

You need to reign yourself in or there won't really be a reason to read your posts.

I'm right you are wrong, its that simple get over it.

Rand Paul says:

So, you can't cough up even ONE argument?

Have you even read what serious people write when they attempt to support YOUR position?

Have you even read what serious people write when they attempt to support YOUR position?

Are you dense? Here's an argument, you get a job pay for your own damn health insurance and stop expecting your neighbors to pay YOUR bills.

Are you dense? Here's an argument, you get a job pay for your own damn health insurance and stop expecting your neighbors to pay YOUR bills.
We tried that. Remember?

There were serious problems with that idea.

And, it still had the US paying more in health care than any other first world nation - even though it didn't cover everyone, like the rest of the first world does.

Why is it OK for US citizens to have it worse than citizens of other countries?

I'm not an ACA fan, but shouldn't we strive to be better - or at least as good as other nations?

We tried that. Remember?

There were serious problems with that idea.

And, it still had the US paying more in health care than any other first world nation - even though it didn't cover everyone, like the rest of the first world does.

Why is it OK for US citizens to have it worse than citizens of other countries?

I'm not an ACA fan, but shouldn't we strive to be better - or at least as good as other nations?

Your bills are not my responsibility. I'm not going to work overtime to pay your damn bills. Move to communist China if you want the state to provide for your every need, go live your dream. This is America, we don't enslave people to the state in this country.

Rand Paul says:

Insurance should be a choice, not a state, federal, or local government mandate. If I don't want to pay for car insurance I shouldn't have to, but I should know the consequences of my actions such as being sued by the other driver if I'm at fault for an accident, or having to pay all of the monetary value of both vehicles during a minor accident.

Rand Paul says:

Insurance should be a choice, not a state, federal, or local government mandate. If I don't want to pay for car insurance I shouldn't have to, but I should know the consequences of my actions such as being sued by the other driver if I'm at fault for an accident, or having to pay all of the monetary value of both vehicles during a minor accident.
Well, you are WAY behind on the car insurance thing. I don't know of a single state where their requirement for car insurance is even an issue. Can you cite one?

As for health care, the problem is that the handling for preexisting conditions and for requiring insurance companies to continue insuring you even if you get sick are not features insurance companies can sustain without some form of support.

The insurance requirement was the best solution to this that the bi-partisan committees could find when the ACA was designed.

Also, it helps to keep us from paying for indigent care through the ER. - the most expensive form of health care we have. When the ACA came into effect, we were able to stop paying tax dollars to hospitals for ER care for indigents, and hospitals didn't have to continue adding to the cost of health care by raising rates to cover indigents.

If the ACA is replaced with something that doesn't cover indigent care in ERs, we'll have to go back to paying hospitals.

Rand Paul says:

When your bitch ass gets sick and don't have insurance, you cost the government insane amounts of money when they have to take care of you.

and now the fake news story that the GOP don't have a replacement is DEAD. rip

Speaker Ryan stood at the podium with Pence and stated that what the Republicans have for a replacement for the ACA is "ideas".

I can see it now: "Take two ideas and a dirt nap."

Well, you are WAY behind on the car insurance thing. I don't know of a single state where their requirement for car insurance is even an issue. Can you cite one?

As for health care, the problem is that the handling for preexisting conditions and for requiring insurance companies to continue insuring you even if you get sick are not features insurance companies can sustain without some form of support.

The insurance requirement was the best solution to this that the bi-partisan committees could find when the ACA was designed.

Also, it helps to keep us from paying for indigent care through the ER. - the most expensive form of health care we have. When the ACA came into effect, we were able to stop paying tax dollars to hospitals for ER care for indigents, and hospitals didn't have to continue adding to the cost of health care by raising rates to cover indigents.

If the ACA is replaced with something that doesn't cover indigent care in ERs, we'll have to go back to paying hospitals.

I'm not required to pay for my neighbors car insurance. Name one state that gives free car insurance out to the moochers, you can't.

When your bitch ass gets sick and don't have insurance, you cost the government insane amounts of money when they have to take care of you.

The state of NY lets you hide all your money and go live in a state nursing home and stick the taxpayers with the bill. That's how they do it in liberal states. Lawyers there make a shit ton of money assisting people with estate planning. Should we adopt that liberal model across the whole country?

Hey, if I wanted to save $100 a month I probably would in order to not have car insurance. I think I've used my insurance once in the past 7 years, and it was to pay for a $450 bumper for someone else. So paying $8,400 to the insurance company so I can use $450 in benefits is a pretty big rip off. I'd rather just put the $100 in my savings account every month and pay for an accident out of my own pocket. American's don't have a savings account because our employers are too cheap to give us raises every year, we're nickel and dimed with sales tax on everything we buy, and we have high state income taxes (for those who live in NY) along with taxes to lease a car (registration), property taxes, and then the federal government swoops in and take their piece of the pie with every source of revenue you have, whether it's casino winning, lottery winnings, the little bit of interest you've earned, paycheck earnings, etc.

Car insurance is just another way to nickel and dime people from having a healthy savings account.

So...it's the end of the week. What's Rand Paul's plan?

So...it's the end of the week. What's Rand Paul's plan?
A few days back Ryan stood at the podium with Pence and stated that the R's did not have a plan - that what they had was "ideas".

Then later he said they would have a plan - surprising, as they clearly don't have agreement. Then he promises a solution in a matter of days!

These guys are clearly out of control - no process, no plan, no bi-partisanship, not even any actual statement of direction - other than their desire to trash our health care system for reasons that clearly do not go beyond pure partisanship.

Forum List

Back