Rand Paul to reveal replacement to Obamacare this week

Rand Paul: Repeal all of Obamacare and replace immediately

As we repeal Obamacare, we would be wise to vote on its replacement at the same time.

What should we replace Obamacare with? Perhaps we should try freedom:

1. The freedom to choose inexpensive insurance free of government dictates.

2. The freedom to save unlimited amounts in a health savings account.

3. The freedom to buy insurance across state lines.

4. The freedom for all individuals to join together in voluntary associations to gain the leverage of being part of a large insurance pool.
Rand Paul says:
"Obamacare required the brute force of government through the individual mandate to make people buy insurance."

But, this is EXACTLY what we do for auto insurance.
You need to read the full context. Paul was stating the obvious:

"Obamacare required the brute force of government through the individual mandate to make people buy insurance. If you repeal this mandate but leave in place dictates as to whom may purchase insurance, you create a business model doomed to fail."

Obamacare's financial viability totally depended on the individual and employer mandate. You have to force everyone into the pool to make it affordable to those with medical problems.

If you let healthy people get out of the pool, Obamacare implodes.

As we repeal Obamacare, we would be wise to vote on its replacement at the same time.

4. The freedom for all individuals to join together in voluntary associations to gain the leverage of being part of a large insurance pool.
I agree with Paul that killing the ACA before having a replacement would be prohibitively irresponsible.

But, he doesn't have a plan any more than Ryan does. All that link does is propose some ideas - confirming Ryan's explicit statement that Republicans have no more than ideas at this point.

So, what DOES he think we should do to those who have pre-existing conditions, or who got sick, causing their insurance company to dump them?

What DOES he think we should do about those who can't pay and are thus left to rely on ER care - the most expensive care we've got?

And, why is it that America citizens should have health care that is consistently reviewed to be more expensive and worse that most or all other first world nations? Can't American citizens expect better than that?
I have been posing the following question to the pseudocons for as long as I have been on this board: "Repeal Obamacare...AND THEN WHAT!?!?!"

They have never come up with an answer.

The GOP sold us down the river to single payer healthcare decades ago. Everything else is theater for the rubes.

That's why they don't have an alternative plan on the table, and never have.

Now, as sure as Donald Trump is Putin's useful idiot, some pseudocon tard is going to come along and claim the GOP has put a plan on the table in the past. But you know how we can tell they haven't?

Because no one has heard of it. If the GOP had a plan, we'd all be familiar with it.

If the GOP ever had a plan, it is a better kept secret than Obama's Kenyan birth certificate, and just as fictitious.

Absolutely. The GOP is clueless on this subject of health care.

Personally, I don't believe there is a for-profit solution for coverage that is better than the systems in place in the other first world nations. There are numerous test cases out there - each with their own differences.

We should be looking at those solutions, and figuring which is best and how to tune them for being optimal in America.

A lot of the people who are now insured under ObamaCare got insured via the Medicaid expansion.

That expansion was funded by front-loading a lot of taxes and fees, and by forcing everyone to get insurance.

If the GOP repeals the taxes, fees, and mandate, all those new people insured by Medicaid become an instantly huge financial deficit.

A lot of the people who are now insured under ObamaCare got insured via the Medicaid expansion.

That expansion was funded by front-loading a lot of taxes and fees, and by forcing everyone to get insurance.

If the GOP repeals the taxes, fees, and mandate, all those new people insured by Medicaid become an instantly huge financial deficit.
Yeah, we get it. Repeal obiecare and dead bodies litter the streets the markets fail and life as we know it ends. Good lord.

Yeah, we get it. Repeal obiecare and dead bodies litter the streets the markets fail and life as we know it ends. Good lord.
You really have no clue about ObamaCare and how it works. None of you tards ever have.

That's why FACTS trigger these kind of moronic statements out of you.

Rand Paul says:
"Obamacare required the brute force of government through the individual mandate to make people buy insurance."

Wrong! I don't have to buy auto insurance, millions of people don't have auto insurance fool. Get a brain.
I don't know of any state that doesn't require auto insurance or a dedicated security of a size equivalent to the insurance mandate.

It's true that cars are optional. But, health care is not optional.

Employer-sponsored health insurance (ESHI) needs to go. It bends the cost of health care up. Instead of removing it, ObamaCare more deeply entrenched ESHI with its employer mandate. That was the first sign which indicated ObamaCare was a massive bait-and-switch con job.

In addition to driving up health care costs, the ESHI tax exemption also skews things in the wrong direction. It's the single biggest individual tax expenditure out there, and it needs to go.

You really have no clue about ObamaCare and how it works. None of you tards ever have.

Dems who never read the bill, said we had to pass so we could see what was in it, promised we could keep our plans and doctors and swore it would never cost a trillion dollars and the state exchanges would be the next sliced bread. Yeah, we just don't understand the brilliance of this piece of shit.

A lot of people think the biggest lie Obama ever told was, "If you like the plan you have, you can keep it. If you like the doctor you have, you can keep your doctor, too."

I think that one earned the Lie of the Year from Politifact or one of those sites.

However, that was not Obama's biggest lie.

The moment Obama uttered his biggest lie, I said he was lying on a forum I belonged to before this one, and I have been proven correct.

Here is his biggest lie, and it was also about ObamaCare: "I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits -- either now or in the future. I will not sign it if it adds one dime to the deficit, now or in the future, period."

That was a willful and deliberate lie.

A lot of people think the biggest lie Obama ever told was, "If you like the plan you have, you can keep it. If you like the doctor you have, you can keep your doctor, too."

I think that one earned the Lie of the Year from Politico or one of those sites.

The moment Obama uttered his biggest lie, I said he was lying on a forum I belonged to before this one, and I have been proven correct.

Here is his biggest lie, and it was also about ObamaCare: "I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits -- either now or in the future. I will not sign it if it adds one dime to the deficit, now or in the future, period."

Seems we need a lot of lies to keep the rubes thinking we need this crap law doesn't it?

repeal obamacare then brace for the deficit increase.

f'n hypocrits

Dems who never read the bill, said we had to pass so we could see what was in it, promised we could keep our plans and doctors and swore it would never cost a trillion dollars and the state exchanges would be the next sliced bread. Yeah, we just don't understand the brilliance of this piece of shit.
The "we need to pass it so we can see what's in it" line was stating a political reality. When complicated laws are passed, there are always unforeseen consequences. Pelosi was simply pointing that out.

For example, for almost 15 years after the GOP Congress passed the Balanced Budget Act of 1997, subsequent Congresses had to pass a "doc fix" bill to plug an unforeseen complication of that Act.

However, the rubes' propaganda outlets took advantage of their ignorance and made a lot of hay out of what Pelosi said.

I think that one earned the Lie of the Year from Politico or one of those sites.

Seems we need a lot of lies to keep the rubes thinking we need this crap law doesn't it?
The Democrats lied about the cost.

The Republicans sold us down the river to single payer healthcare a long time ago. But they put on theater for the rubes over ObamaCare.

f'n hypocrits
This is what Rand Paul is trying to prevent.

It's simply astonishing the rubes have never caught on, ALL THESE YEARS, that the Republicans have never offered an alternative plan.

And I don't mean just during Obama's time. I mean...EVER.

Simply astonishing the rubes are that fucking blind to this fact.

You'd think Medicare Plan D would have shocked them into consciousness, but...nope.

'

Rand Paul says:

You need to read the full context. Paul was stating the obvious:

"Obamacare required the brute force of government through the individual mandate to make people buy insurance. If you repeal this mandate but leave in place dictates as to whom may purchase insurance, you create a business model doomed to fail."

Obamacare's financial viability totally depended on the individual and employer mandate. You have to force everyone into the pool to make it affordable to those with medical problems.

If you let healthy people get out of the pool, Obamacare implodes.
I'm fully aware of the reason for the mandate.

If you require insurance companies to offer insurance to those who have preexisting conditions and you prevent insurance companies to drop those who get sick, insurance companies have to have some help to survive.

The mandate was the best that the bi-partisan committee could come up with in terms of keeping a marketplace insurance companies would enter.

So far, there is no way to offer that important benefit while allowing people to jump in when they get sick and then jump out when they get well.

f'n hypocrits
This is what Rand Paul is trying to prevent.

It's simply astonishing the rubes have never caught on, ALL THESE YEARS, that the Republicans have never offered an alternative plan.

And I don't mean just during Obama's time. I mean...EVER.

Simply astonishing the rubes are that fucking blind to this fact.

You'd think Medicare Plan D would have shocked them into consciousness, but...nope.

'

43 shoved Part D up their blind partisan ass without them ever knowing it, which is why they never snapped out of it and never will.

The "we need to pass it so we can see what's in it" line was stating a political reality. When complicated laws are passed, there are always unforeseen consequences. Pelosi was simply pointing that out.

For example, for almost 15 years after the GOP Congress passed the Balanced Budget Act of 1997, subsequent Congresses had to pass a "doc fix" bill to plug an unforeseen complication of that Act.

However, the rubes' propaganda outlets took advantage of their ignorance and made a lot of hay out of what Pelosi said.
When you're passing such massive legislation that effects every citizens lives maybe you should be trying to make sure the law is as perfect as possible in order to reduce the need for such drastic corrections? Maybe a good place to start to ensure you don't come off as a complete imbecile to the people you're forcing this suckage on would be not to leave yourself to such exposure by making sure. One way to accomplish this is to make damn sure in no uncertain terms that the main points of the law you are promoting are fucking true. How hard was it to know for a fact you couldn't keep your plan? It was right therein the law we had to pass to see what was in it. How hard is it to know for a fact you can keep your doctor when it's right there in the law you can't. How hard is it to know for sure the costs were going to be under control when you had to manipulate the CBO data to get it to appear lower than the actual cost? Oh, because you had to manipulate the data, looking back that seems obvious.

The dems had 100 years of their dream of taking over healthcare and this was the steaming pile of shit they dropped in the middle of every Americans living room. Pelosi said it, she meant it, she had no clue and didn't want one. So she gets no quarter from me for just being an idiot. Fix it later my ass.

When you're passing such massive legislation that effects every citizens lives maybe you should be trying to make sure the law is as perfect as possible in order to reduce the need for such drastic corrections? Maybe a good place to start to ensure you don't come off as a complete imbecile to the people you're forcing this suckage on would be not to leave yourself to such exposure by making sure. One way to accomplish this is to make damn sure in no uncertain terms that the main points of the law you are promoting are fucking true. How hard was it to know for a fact you couldn't keep your plan? It was right therein the law we had to pass to see what was in it. How hard is it to know for a fact you can keep your doctor when it's right there in the law you can't. How hard is it to know for sure the costs were going to be under control when you had to manipulate the CBO data to get it to appear lower than the actual cost? Oh, because you had to manipulate the data, looking back that seems obvious.

The dems had 100 years of their dream of taking over healthcare and this was the steaming pile of shit they dropped in the middle of every Americans living room. Pelosi said it, she meant it, she had no clue and didn't want one. So she gets no quarter from me for just being an idiot. Fix it later my ass.
Whether you were allowed to keep your plan was up to insurance companies. It was a fair question to ask. But, the answer for the ACA was different than the answer for the insurance corporations who decided they wanted reset their policies.

I was never in favor of the ACA. It's clearly not as good as what other first world countries have. So, why did we settle for less?

However, what we have today is very definitely better than what we had before. It covers more Americans. It COULD cover even more than it does. It solves the preexisting condition problem. It prevents policy holders from being dumped when they get sick. Etc.

We could even add back in the cost savings ideas that got cut in order to pass the bill.

However, even then US citizens would be worse off than are citizens of other countries.

Rand Paul says:

Wrong! I don't have to buy auto insurance, millions of people don't have auto insurance fool. Get a brain.
I don't know of any state that doesn't require auto insurance or a dedicated security of a size equivalent to the insurance mandate.

It's true that cars are optional. But, health care is not optional.

That's because you are as ignorant as your argument. You are not forced to purchase auto insurance under threats of fines, penalties, interest, confiscation of your tax refund. Millions drive on public roads every day without insurance.

The Obama's NaziCare FORCES everyone to buy health insurance whether they wish to or not, or else be punished by the Federal government.

Worse, for many young healthy people the Obamacare plans are worthless. They are bloated with coverage they don't need, have sky high deductibles so the plan will never pay a dime, God that sounds like the Government. They have to pay their healthcare costs out of pocket plus the bloated plan premiums.

The much cheaper catastrophic healthcare plans they could have purchased instead...they were outlawed. Why? Because Obamacare needs to rip off young healthy people to fund the handouts for the welfare losers. And to pay for sick people who are a huge loss to the plans.

Young people who are just starting out in life, yeah lets tax the crap out of them so welfare moochers don't have to pay.

Forum List

Back