Rand Paul Vows To Block Patriot Act Extension

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
(sigh).....here we go again, the GOP-igs either defunding shit or dismantleling shit......they cut security funding for dimplomats overseas and then whined about the Bengazi attacks. They cut social funding to states and then whine about the upheavals happening in the inner cities and now this.....(sigh)...when will these morons ever learn?

(sigh).....here we go again, the GOP-igs either defunding shit or dismantleling shit......they cut security funding for dimplomats overseas and then whined about the Bengazi attacks. They cut social funding to states and then whine about the upheavals happening in the inner cities and now this.....(sigh)...when will these morons ever learn?
The GOP? Are you living under a rock? The "patriot" act is universally despised by leftists, conservatives, and libertarians and you're trying to make this a Republican thing?

You got some SERIOUS GOP derangement syndrome.

The GOP? Are you living under a rock? The "patriot" act is universally despised by leftists, conservatives, and libertarians and you're trying to make this a Republican thing?

The USA PATRIOT Act Was Planned Before 9/11
The following is an article from Truthout.org. It is an article looking at a controversy surrounding the USA PATRIOT Act. The original article can be found athttp://www.truthout.org/docs_02/05.21B.jvb.usapa.911.htm.

If you google the numbers, you'd find GOP-IGS OVER WHELMINGLY VOTED FOR THE PATRIOT ACT IN BOTH HOUSES.....NOW EITHER GET WITH THE FACTS OR SHUT UP!!

Why do you want to extend the Patriot Act?

Since 2001, be honest, how has this bothered you, your life or your family's life? It has however stopped a lot of terrorist attacks on the country.

Absolute Horseshit.

And by the way, has this site started prohibiting links in OPs to let people know what the fuck it's talking about? Because that system still works for me.... :dunno:

The following is an article from Truthout.org. It is an article looking at a controversy surrounding the USA PATRIOT Act. The original article can be found athttp://www.truthout.org/docs_02/05.21B.jvb.usapa.911.htm.

If you google the numbers, you'd find GOP-IGS OVER WHELMINGLY VOTED FOR THE PATRIOT ACT IN BOTH HOUSES.....NOW EITHER GET WITH THE FACTS OR SHUT UP!!

Dumbass, I'm talking about voters, not congress people. You are taking up a cause for statism that's rejected on both sides of the political spectrum because few believe that government has the right to that kind of power. Clearly you are a statist authority worshipper and I have no doubt you love all the communist revolutionaries, fascists, and totalitarian dictators, but your view is WAY OUTSIDE of the American mainstream. Trying to make this a GOP thing just makes you look stupid.

So, you must have thought Obama, Kerry, Hillary, and every Democrat in 2012 who ran their campaigns based on getting rid of the Patriot Act were all morons as well? Or is it that you're ok with it now because it's Obama who has the power to violate the Constitution?

Since 2001, be honest, how has this bothered you, your life or your family's life? It has however stopped a lot of terrorist attacks on the country.
Didn't stop the Boston bombings. What is your proof that the Patriot Act and violating the 4th Amendment rights of Americans would have prevented 9/11 btw?

Not true at all, the PA had eyes on the brother that was killed....google it. Answer my question first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dumbass, I'm talking about voters, not congress people. You are taking up a cause for statism that's rejected on both sides of the political spectrum because few believe that government has the right to that kind of power. Clearly you are a statist authority worshipper and I have no doubt you love all the communist revolutionaries, fascists, and totalitarian dictators, but your view is WAY OUTSIDE of the American mainstream. Trying to make this a GOP thing just makes you look stupid.

I am advocating keeping the PA and if people like you don't like it, leave my country

Didn't stop the Boston bombings. What is your proof that the Patriot Act and violating the 4th Amendment rights of Americans would have prevented 9/11 btw?

Not true at all, the PA had eyes on the brother that was killed....google it. Answer my question first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So they watched him, and did nothing?

So they violate our fourth amendment rights, and if what you say is true, don't act on the illegally gathered information? That makes them not only tyrannical, but also incompetent.

Yes, it does bother me that I am presumed guilty by them gathering all my emails and phone calls.

So answer my question, what is your evidence that violating the 4th amendment and implementing the Patriot Act would have stopped 9/11?

So they violate our fourth amendment rights, and if what you say is true, don't act on the illegally gathered information? That makes them not only tyrannical, but also incompetent.

Yes, it does bother me that I am presumed guilty by them gathering all my emails and phone calls.

So answer my question, what is your evidence that violating the 4th amendment and implementing the Patriot Act would have stopped 9/11?

(sigh)...in short, it hasn't impacted your life and you just want to bitch about it

I am advocating keeping the PA and if people like you don't like it, leave my country
Actually it's my country. You are a descendant of immigrants, I am not. And this is a free country, so if you want statism, then there are plenty of places to go where you can worship power and work to increase the state's authority over the individual.

(sigh)...in short, it hasn't impacted your life and you just want to bitch about it

Why the hell do you think people are only concerned about what impacts them personally? Have you ever heard of empathy. I know you don't have it, but have you heard of it?

It has impacted my life, they are gathering my emails and phone calls illegally and treating me as a criminal, violating my constitutional rights. It has impacted the life of all Americans who are having their data gathered. You may not care about the Constitution, but I do.

So answer my question, what is your evidence that violating the 4th amendment and implementing the Patriot Act would have stopped 9/11? This flagrant violation of the Constitution did not stop the Boston Bombings or the Fort Hood shootings, so the idea we need to surrender our rights to counter terrorism is not only immoral but has no basis in reality.

First They Came For The Communists

First they came for the Communists,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one
left to speak up for me. - Martin Niemoller

What country, East Germany?

Forum List

Back