Rape Victims Who Choose The Babies Life Over Politics

I am stating that it's not logical to believe an article on a pro life website stating that more than 18 out of 20 regret aborting after being raped. While I can show a study that it's rare for women to regret aborting in general.
The website did not make the study, did not pay for the study. I can link to a dozen different sites including universities, med8cal sites, etc.. Your idea that the study becomes invalid because of the website that uses it is pure partisan politics on your part.

The website did not make the study, did not pay for the study. I can link to a dozen different sites including universities, med8cal sites, etc.. Your idea that the study becomes invalid because of the website that uses it is pure partisan politics on your part.
So go ahead and link to them

You aren't listening. The pro-life stance of the website doesn't invalidate the information. The fact that the results stated on the website is at odds with actual studies. In fact claim the exact opposite of those studies does.

As I said, studies make it clear that abortion regret is rare. Yet this website claim a whopping 93 percent of people who got pregnant via rape and decided to abort regret that decision. A number that strains credulity even without those studies.

Most people don't decide to abort on a whim. I would even state that abortion would rank as one of the hardest decisions woman can make. I'm not a woman but I think it stands to reason.

I would further state that being raped would make abortion in general an easier decision. Yet you and that website claim that 18 out of 20 woman regret that decision. That to me is an extraordinary claim, and as such require extraordinary evidence. Yet the opposite is true.

Last edited:
You aren't listening. The pro-life stance of the website doesn't invalidate the information. The fact that the results stated on the website is at odds with actual studies. In fact claim the exact opposite of those studies does.

As I said, studies make it clear that abortion regret is rare. Yet this website claim a whopping 93 percent of people who got pregnant via rape and decided to abort regret the decision to abort. A number that strains credulity even without those studies.

Most people don't decide to abort on a whim. I would even state that abortion would rank as one of the hardest decisions woman can make. I'm not a woman but I think it stands to reason.

I would further state that being raped would make abortion in general an easier decision. Yet you and that website claim that 18 out of 20 woman regret that decision. That to me is an extraordinary claim, and as such require extraordinary evidence. Yet the opposite is true.
I actually have experience dealing with women who have had abortions. ----my
(admittedly anecdotal) conclusion is---ALL THINGS BEING PERFECT IN LIFE---the
OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of women would
have preferred not to abort. Abortion is a choice made under the stress of an unfortunate reality

I actually have experience dealing with women who have had abortions. ----my
(admittedly anecdotal) conclusion is---ALL THINGS BEING PERFECT IN LIFE---the
OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of women would
have preferred not to abort. Abortion is a choice made under the stress of an unfortunate reality
Ok, I can accept that.

In your (admittedly anecdotal) experience did you experience any of those woman abort willi nillie or did they do it because they perceived life as not perfect?

That to me is kind of the point I'm making.

Rape is about as imperfect as life gets. Yet this website claims 93 percent of people regret aborting. Does that sound reasonable to you? Even from a psychological standpoint. People WANT to justify their decision. So why would 93 percent of people NOT take this easy and understandable moral justification for themselves?

Last edited:
Ok, I can accept that.

In your (admittedly anecdotal) experience did you experience any of those woman abort willi nillie or did they do it because they perceived life as not perfect?
if any did go around HAPPILY having abortions, none admitted it. For the record,
in Russia abortions are casual birth control

if any did go around HAPPILY having abortions, none admitted it. For the record,
in Russia abortions are casual birth control
That's what I'm saying. A woman typically doesn't wake up one morning and decides "I want to get rid of the thing growing in my belly." Not saying that type of callousness doesn't exist but it will be rare. (Russia aside for which I will take your word in the interest of moving the conversation along.)

It's done by people who feel they have good reason. You can debate if it actually is a good reason but that's what they feel. So very few people will admit, most importantly to themselves, "I've made a mistake." Hell for most people admitting they're wrong about anything is worse than going to the dentist. This forum illustrates that simple fact daily.

Yet the OP wants me to believe that 18 out of 20 woman who got pregnant via rape regrets that decision. Something that most people would recognize as a perfectly reasonable reaction to a traumatic event.

Can you honestly claim that rings true to you? Forget the study I posted. But that figure by itself considered simply from a human nature perspective?

Ok, I can accept that.

That to me is kind of the point I'm making.

Rape is about as imperfect as life gets. Yet this website claims 93 percent of people regret aborting. Does that sound reasonable to you? Even from a phycological standpoint. People WANT to justify their decision. So why would 93 percent of people NOT take this easy and understandable moral justification for themselves?
the conclusion of the study "women regret"----is, IMO ----absolutely not at
all surprising. HOWEVER---anti-abortion
people MISUSE IT. The fact of the regret
is no reason to deny the RIGHT TO DO IT.
In fact, that a woman will regret is a matter
for which she SHOULD BE PREPARED. sorry
folks---but for the record---it's hardwired and
even hormonal

the conclusion of the study "women regret"----is, IMO ----absolutely not at
all surprising. HOWEVER---anti-abortion
people MISUSE IT. The fact of the regret
is no reason to deny the RIGHT TO DO IT.
In fact, that a woman will regret is a matter
for which she SHOULD BE PREPARED. sorry
folks---but for the record---it's hardwired and
even hormonal
I think you are defining what is meant by regret differently than me or the OP at the moment. You are defining it as. Does the person wish the decision they made wasn't necessary.

Me and the OP define it as. If the person can do it again would they make a different choice.

It's a minor difference but it completely changed the argument.

I think you are defining what is meant by regret differently than me or the OP at the moment. You are defining it as. Does the person wish the decision they made wasn't necessary.

Me and the OP define it as. If the person can do it again would they make a different choice.

It's a minor difference but it completely changed the argument.
I don't think that it COMPLETELY changes
the argument. It's just a matter of REPEAT
PAIN. Many people do it over and over.
I have not encountered a "I'm not going
thru THAT again" if they really see a reason
to abort. Doctors are well advised to help
figure out a way to avoid pregnancy and,
IMO---never advise ---"it's ok ---you can
always abort" <<< that's unethical

Post 237 most assuredly links to a study. The conclusion of which was posted in that post. You on the other hand haven't.
You are correct, I just looked at it.
And yes, I did not link to the study mentioned in my article. I need to spend time to find it which I most likely wont do. It is enough to start this discussion with an article.

I may find the study. It will take time. I am curious to see what it contains.

I admitted early in my OP that I had not found the study and stated people should of challenged me to do so.

It will take time to read your study. I am pretty sure you have not read your study. Correct?

I don't think that it COMPLETELY changes
the argument. It's just a matter of REPEAT
PAIN. Many people do it over and over.
I have not encountered a "I'm not going
thru THAT again" if they really see a reason
to abort. Doctors are well advised to help
figure out a way to avoid pregnancy and,
IMO---never advise ---"it's ok ---you can
always abort" <<< that's unethical
We aren't talking about people have several aborted pregnancies.

We are talking about 1 aborted pregnancy and the feelings towards them. In that case what you mean by regret. (The decision itself or the necessity of the decision are completely different arguments)

I'm not criticizing. Debates often fail because of people misunderstanding the premise. But that's what we are talking about.

I am stating that it's not logical to believe an article on a pro life website stating that more than 18 out of 20 regret aborting after being raped. While I can show a study that it's rare for women to regret aborting in general.
It is not logical to believe a study funded by the Gerbode Foundation which supports abortion and the far left wing radicals.

The Gerbode Foundation has made grants to various left-leaning groups including Planned Parenthood and the ACLU. 3

You are correct, I just looked at it.
And yes, I did not link to the study mentioned in my article. I need to spend time to find it which I most likely wont do. It is enough to start this discussion with an article.

I may find the study. It will take time. I am curious to see what it contains.

I admitted early in my OP that I had not found the study and stated people should of challenged me to do so.

It will take time to read your study. I am pretty sure you have not read your study. Correct?
Yes you are correct. I just looked at the conclusion. And glanced over the methodology. Which looked sound to me.

The problem I feel you have is that that study can be off by 50 percent and the conclusion would still be about 140 percent from what you claim, and say you probably won't try to verify. That's a huge difference for something that I consider an extraordinary claim.

Yes you are correct. I just looked at the conclusion. And glanced over the methodology. Which looked sound to me.

The problem I feel you have is that that study can be off by 50 percent and the conclusion would still be about 140 percent from what you claim, and say you probably won't try to verify. That's a huge difference for something that I consider an extraordinary claim.
I dont really care that much about the study. I have the authors name. He has written books. I will buy the books and read them. I am a book guy not a link to the internet person to confirm what I believe.

I am learning as I go, as you should be. It is a fact that some rape victims have kept the baby, raised the baby, and love the daughter or son that is of thier flesh and blood.

It is also a fact that some women who have had an abortion regret the decision, some actually killing themselves.

What both of us should not do is stereotype all peoples and make blanket statements.

Millions of abortions, millions of rapes, millions of different scenarios niether of our sources touch

Forum List

Back