Reagan blamed Jimmy Carter for years, Roosevelt blamed Herbert Hoover for years

We would not have had the deficits if we had cut spending, asshole. Deficit means spending more than you bring in in revenue. Spending was allowed to get way out of control and cannot be sustained even with the imposition of onerous tax burdens that are detrimental to our economy.

You can cite all the stats you want. But if you cannot interpret them then what's the point? Dumbass.

That's good......

Now why don't you list the annual growth rates of spending under POTUS since 1980......Just put up the numbers.....we'll apply the Ordinal Property...
So, why do you think we are in the midst of the longest post-recession recovery ever? Clearly, your statistics do not explain this. Thus, one must wonder why you are citing them at all. Growth is anemic. The federal government is manipulating interest rates in an unprecedented way. Personal debt is booming. The national debt is soaring. Is this incorrect because you copy/paste a few statistics?

Go ahead and argue that we have a booming economy. Go ahead and make a fool out of yourself.

The current expansion is tied for 3rd going back to 1854...

http://www.nber.org/cycles.html

According to whom?

CLICK ON THE LINK, YOU F.....ING STOAT!

Where does it say Obama's recovery was the third best? based on what? Certainly it's not based on economic growth.

We'll be blaming Obama for years for all of his fuck-ups. We will never see another black President.

Had about all you can take of THIS

jpg

?
Obama is a failure:

Reagan-Obama-March-11.gif

You're a moron, Bri....

During Reagan's 1st term, federal spending grew at an annual rate of nearly 9%, while deficits tripled......

Let's compare the past two recoveries...

cumul-private-job-growth-from-inauguration-to-may-2014.png

How does that prove Obama's economic policies are better? I question your claim about Reagan's spending. Furthermore, Obama's went up faster:

untitled.bmp

The guy generating those graphs is an idiot.....

https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/data/FYONET.txt

Title: Federal Net Outlays
Series ID: FYONET
Source: US. Office of Management and Budget
Release: Fiscal Year Budget Data (Not a Press Release)
Seasonal Adjustment: Not Seasonally Adjusted
Frequency: Annual, Fiscal Year
Units: Millions of Dollars

1981-09-30 678241

1985-09-30 946344

CAGR - 8.68%

That's good......

Now why don't you list the annual growth rates of spending under POTUS since 1980......Just put up the numbers.....we'll apply the Ordinal Property...
So, why do you think we are in the midst of the longest post-recession recovery ever? Clearly, your statistics do not explain this. Thus, one must wonder why you are citing them at all. Growth is anemic. The federal government is manipulating interest rates in an unprecedented way. Personal debt is booming. The national debt is soaring. Is this incorrect because you copy/paste a few statistics?

Go ahead and argue that we have a booming economy. Go ahead and make a fool out of yourself.

According to whom?

Where does it say Obama's recovery was the third best? based on what? Certainly it's not based on economic growth.

It's the LENGTH, imbecile......you need to go to the list of cycle dates....then you need to do a bit of math.....adding up the number of months since June 2009......

f'n a, you people are morons....

We'll be blaming Obama for years for all of his fuck-ups. We will never see another black President.

Had about all you can take of THIS

jpg

?
Obama is a failure:

Reagan-Obama-March-11.gif

You're a moron, Bri....

During Reagan's 1st term, federal spending grew at an annual rate of nearly 9%, while deficits tripled......

Let's compare the past two recoveries...

cumul-private-job-growth-from-inauguration-to-may-2014.png

How does that prove Obama's economic policies are better? I question your claim about Reagan's spending. Furthermore, Obama's went up faster:

untitled.bmp

The guy generating those graphs is an idiot.....

https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/data/FYONET.txt

Title: Federal Net Outlays
Series ID: FYONET
Source: US. Office of Management and Budget
Release: Fiscal Year Budget Data (Not a Press Release)
Seasonal Adjustment: Not Seasonally Adjusted
Frequency: Annual, Fiscal Year
Units: Millions of Dollars

1981-09-30 678241

1985-09-30 946344

CAGR - 8.68%

The graphs are based on the numbers you posted, moron.

According to whom?

It's the LENGTH, imbecile......you need to go to the list of cycle dates....then you need to do a bit of math.....adding up the number of months since June 2009......

You do the math, asshole. Furthermore, the length isn't the main criteria. I posted the graphs. Anyone reading this thread can make their own conclusions.

Refresh my memory but I don't recall Reagan ever "blaming" Jimmie Carter.
Reagan's 1983 State of the Union:

"The problems we inherited were far worse than most inside and out of government had expected; the recession was deeper than most inside and out of government had predicted. Curing those problems has taken more time and a higher toll than any of us wanted."

Consider that the recession bequeathed by the worst POTUS of the modern era was orders of magnitude worse than the one in 1982....

now here's the irony....(one of many)

Because budget projections in early 1981 called for
massive surpluses, it was possible, based upon the data then known, to cut taxes, increase defense, and still balance the budget. Regarding the economic forecast, the Reagan package of
projections were, at most, only mildly more optimistic than other forecasts at the time.

http://www.law.gmu.edu/assets/files/publications/working_papers/00-05.pdf

According to whom?

You do the math, asshole. Furthermore, the length isn't the main criteria. I posted the graphs. Anyone reading this thread can make their own conclusions.

I did.......we are at 80 months.......If you can't do that on your own, you are way over your head here...

"The problems we inherited were far worse than most inside and out of government had expected; the recession was deeper than most inside and out of government had predicted. Curing those problems has taken more time and a higher toll than any of us wanted."

Consider that the recession bequeathed by the worst POTUS of the modern era was orders of magnitude worse than the one in 1982....

No it wasn't. Obama made it worse with his noxious economic policies.

massive surpluses, it was possible, based upon the data then known, to cut taxes, increase defense, and still balance the budget. Regarding the economic forecast, the Reagan package of
projections were, at most, only mildly more optimistic than other forecasts at the time.

Where is the evidence that the budget was going to be in surplus? Perhaps if inflation went to 30% and interest rates went to 50%. Carter's economy was headed for a crash. It was only a matter of when it would occur.

According to whom?

I did.......we are at 80 months.......If you can't do that on your own, you are way over your head here...

What does "we are at 80 months" signify? We are at 80 months of anemic economic growth and chronic underemployment. Obama's economy hasn't achieve 3% economic growth for a single year. That's a pathetic performance.

Who has evidence that the budget was going to be in surplus? Perhaps if inflation went to 30% and interest rates went to 50%. Carter's economy was headed for a crash. It was only a matter of when it would occur.
No it wasn't.

graphing-the-recessions-impact-08252011-gfx.html

spot the dots.....

Obama made it worse with his noxious economic policies.

neat trick, given that the recession ended in June. 2009...

and here is why...

The real economy also responded to the massive stimulus but remained heavily dependent on it. In the United States, growth during the second half of 2009 probably averaged about 3 percent. Absent temporary fiscal stimulus and inventory rebuilding, which taken together added about 4 percentage points to U.S. growth, the economy would have contracted at about a 1 percent annual rate during the second half of 2009.

The Year Ahead

Before you bleat something stupid, bear in mind that this is an economist from AEI......(yeah, I know....you have no idea what that is....trust me....it is NOT "Obama friendly")

Where is the evidence that the budget was going to be in surplus? Perhaps if inflation went to 30% and interest rates went to 50%. Carter's economy was headed for a crash. It was only a matter of when it would occur.

Uh....the author of that paper worked on the economic team of the Reagan administration......also served under Scrub.....

What does "we are at 80 months" signify? We are at 80 months of anemic economic growth and chronic underemployment. Obama's economy hasn't achieve 3% economic growth for a single year. That's a pathetic performance.

80 months into the current expansion.......dayum.....

Who has evidence that the budget was going to be in surplus? Perhaps if inflation went to 30% and interest rates went to 50%. Carter's economy was headed for a crash. It was only a matter of when it would occur.
No it wasn't.

graphing-the-recessions-impact-08252011-gfx.html

spot the dots.....

Obama made it worse with his noxious economic policies.

neat trick, given that the recession ended in June. 2009...

and here is why...

The real economy also responded to the massive stimulus but remained heavily dependent on it. In the United States, growth during the second half of 2009 probably averaged about 3 percent. Absent temporary fiscal stimulus and inventory rebuilding, which taken together added about 4 percentage points to U.S. growth, the economy would have contracted at about a 1 percent annual rate during the second half of 2009.

The Year Ahead

Before you bleat something stupid, bear in mind that this is an economist from AEI......(yeah, I know....you have no idea what that is....trust me....it is NOT "Obama friendly")

We aren't discussing just the length of the period that economists define officially as a "recession." We're discussing the performance of Obama's economic policies for his entire term, and they suck.

Claiming the economy "would have contracted" without Obama's magic elixir is pure abracadabra. Economists have a poor record of predicting what the economy will do. Their prognostications are almost entirely worthless.

The bottom line is that Obama's economic numbers suck.

Last edited:

80 months into the current expansion.......dayum.....

Meaningless. Economic growth has been anemic. Chronic unemployment is at record levels. We are coming to resemble the European economies more and more. That's hardly surprising considering Obama has been imitating European economic policies.

Uh....the author of that paper worked on the economic team of the Reagan administration......also served under Scrub.....

What paper?

THE LINK, YOU F.....ING IMBECILE!

I'm not reading through that giant pile of bullshit and abracadabra. Just quote the material that you imagine proves your claims. Otherwise, quite annoying the other forum members with your infantile temper tantrums.

Forum List

Back