Reagan's ode to immigrants.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
Open doors for the American dream. Reagan’s last speech as president (1989).
https://www.niussp.org/video/open-d...-dream-reagans-last-speech-as-president-1989/

To be clear, I am not a fan of Reagan. He has benefitted enormously, from a reputational standpoint, by a massive amount of revisionist history written about him by conservative media. This rhetorical mythology has sainted a deeply flawed, simplistic, ideologue who served the interests of the men behind his rise to the presidency.

But to his credit he did have an understanding of the contributions to the country made by immigrants. And he possessed the courage to do something about it.

A Reagan Legacy: Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants

trump fans likely regard Reagan's attitude towards immigrants as deeply flawed. I regard it as one of his only redeeming qualities.

Now, we have stuff like this.

Stephen Miller seemed floored by the idea, raised during a fall Cabinet meeting in 2018, of  keeping open the doors for Afghan allies and other Middle East refugees to enter the US.

“What do you guys want?” Miller, then a top adviser to President Donald Trump, asked incredulously, according to one person in the room. “A bunch of Iraqs and ‘Stans across the country?”

His words stunned many in the meeting, but they were no accident. Under Miller’s guidance, several sources told CNN, the Trump administration was purposefully slow-walking the entry of all refugees – including allies who aided American soldiers in Afghanistan.

There is a difference between letting in "legit refugees" and letting in

2 battalions of Chinese military age men
hoards of drug dealing violent murderous Latino gang bangers
10k+ convicted murderers
10k+ convicted rapists
100k+ mental patients

That amnesty was supposed to come coupled with strict border enforcement to follow, which we go stiffed on.

If you shitlibs couldn't lie out your asses, you'd have nothing to say.
Ya know why?

Because BUSINESSES wanted them for the cheap labor… and still do

Open doors for the American dream. Reagan’s last speech as president (1989).
https://www.niussp.org/video/open-d...-dream-reagans-last-speech-as-president-1989/

To be clear, I am not a fan of Reagan. He has benefitted enormously, from a reputational standpoint, by a massive amount of revisionist history written about him by conservative media. This rhetorical mythology has sainted a deeply flawed, simplistic, ideologue who served the interests of the men behind his rise to the presidency.

But to his credit he did have an understanding of the contributions to the country made by immigrants. And he possessed the courage to do something about it.

A Reagan Legacy: Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants

trump fans likely regard Reagan's attitude towards immigrants as deeply flawed. I regard it as one of his only redeeming qualities.

Now, we have stuff like this.

Stephen Miller seemed floored by the idea, raised during a fall Cabinet meeting in 2018, of  keeping open the doors for Afghan allies and other Middle East refugees to enter the US.

“What do you guys want?” Miller, then a top adviser to President Donald Trump, asked incredulously, according to one person in the room. “A bunch of Iraqs and ‘Stans across the country?”

His words stunned many in the meeting, but they were no accident. Under Miller’s guidance, several sources told CNN, the Trump administration was purposefully slow-walking the entry of all refugees – including allies who aided American soldiers in Afghanistan.

No POTUS or person fucked this nation over like Reagan did.
Reagan was a piece of dogshit who should have hanged or died in prison for committing treason against America at the highest level.

The left has written so many lies about Ronald Reagan, even they don't know the truth anymore.

Wait, they never did. My bad.

Forum List

Back