Real Clear Politics electoral map

That's a national poll, not an ohio poll, moron.

Then that's what you should have said in the first place moron. Give me an Ohio poll that is recent that gives real clear politics a right to call Ohio in Obama's favor?

The most recent poll I'm aware of is from February and Romney was within the margin of error and Santorum was doing better in that poll. Presumably, Romney has taken a lot of that support too.

I went to the RCP site, listed in the OP, and clicked on Ohio. Here's three polls from Ohio.

RCP Average 2/29 - 3/26 -- 48.3 39.7 Obama +8.6
Rasmussen Reports 3/26 - 3/26 500 LV 48 40 Obama +8
Quinnipiac 3/20 - 3/26 1246 RV 47 41 Obama +6
NBC News/Marist 2/29 - 3/2 1573 RV 50 38 Obama +12

TY. But my point would still be that that is a quite old poll with a huge margin for error. That polling was conducted while Santorum and Romney were in the midst of hitting each other hard while competing for the Ohio prize. If you wanted to find a time to make Romney look bad in an Ohio poll that'd be the perfect poll. Many self identified evangelicals in particular would have not been for Romney for the sake of making Santorum look better. Anybody that thinks that Obama is really ahead by 8.6 is a dumbass. That is a swing state and its way too close to call.

Last edited:
Then that's what you should have said in the first place moron. Give me an Ohio poll that is recent that gives real clear politics a right to call Ohio in Obama's favor?

The most recent poll I'm aware of is from February and Romney was within the margin of error and Santorum was doing better in that poll. Presumably, Romney has taken a lot of that support too.

I went to the RCP site, listed in the OP, and clicked on Ohio. Here's three polls from Ohio.

RCP Average 2/29 - 3/26 -- 48.3 39.7 Obama +8.6
Rasmussen Reports 3/26 - 3/26 500 LV 48 40 Obama +8
Quinnipiac 3/20 - 3/26 1246 RV 47 41 Obama +6
NBC News/Marist 2/29 - 3/2 1573 RV 50 38 Obama +12

TY. But my point would still be that that is a quite old poll with a huge margin for error. That polling was conducted while Santorum and Romney were in the midst of hitting each other hard while competing for the Ohio prize. If you wanted to find a time to make Romney look bad in an Ohio poll that'd be the perfect poll. Many self identified evangelicals in particular would have not been for Romney for the sake of making Santorum look better. Anybody that thinks that Obama is really ahead by 8.6 is a dumbass. That is a swing state and its way too close to call.

Well, there's also the recent swing state poll, that has Obama beating Romney by 9 points in the 11 swing states.

Well, there's also the recent swing state poll, that has Obama beating Romney by 9 points in the 11 swing states.

Romney had leads or was close in swing states in November/December. It's not surprising that he lost a lot during a tough primary. But Americans don't have long memories. The polls will tighten again as Obama has to start defending his weak and inept record. Just wait til he has to start defending his lies and his weak economy. This thing is going to turn around fast.

Romney had leads or was close in swing states in November/December. It's not surprising that he lost a lot during a tough primary. But Americans don't have long memories. The polls will tighten again as Obama has to start defending his weak and inept record. Just wait til he has to start defending his lies and his weak economy. This thing is going to turn around fast.

Wishful thinking. Romney earned the nickname Mr. Etch-a-Sketch. As he tries to shake off his right wing pandering, and move to the center, that narrative is going to stick. Now that Romney is the presumptive nominee, you'll see everything he says fact checked.

The only reason that Romney was competitive in those swing states, late last year, is he was viewed as a moderate. That perception has long been dispelled.

Last edited:

Wishful thinking. Romney earned the nickname Mr. Etch-a-Sketch. As he tries to shake off his right wing pandering, and move to the center, that narrative is going to stick. Now that Romney is the presumptive nominee, you'll see everything he says fact checked.

Wishful thinking? I looked at the same polls on that link you spoke of. That's cold hard facts.

And I wouldn't talk about etch a sketch while supporting Obama. I just watched a clip of Obama emphatically campaigning in 08, saying he wouldn't sign any legislation that added to the national debt. LMAO.

Not really. In fact, in all of his elections, Romney has started strong and grown weaker as people got to know him better.

Interesting... RCP had Obama at 233 for a while, but they've jumped it up by putting PA, OH, and CO into the Leans Obama Column.

I'm not sure what prompted the change, especially since Romney's been closing the gap in PA.

The actual numbers. Initially that bugged me until I realized that they weren't estimates. Rather they are based on the most recent polls. It's not really surprising to see Romney down after a relatively nasty Republican primary. It's going to tighten from here. Don't expect that 280 to last. Many races will soon be back within the margin of error and won't lean.

Not really. In fact, in all of his elections, Romney has started strong and grown weaker as people got to know him better.

Propaganda. I've seen documentaries. And Romney actually made ground to win his governorship. Nice try guy.

Interesting... RCP had Obama at 233 for a while, but they've jumped it up by putting PA, OH, and CO into the Leans Obama Column.

I'm not sure what prompted the change, especially since Romney's been closing the gap in PA.

The actual numbers. Initially that bugged me until I realized that they weren't estimates. Rather they are based on the most recent polls. It's not really surprising to see Romney down after a relatively nasty Republican primary. It's going to tighten from here. Don't expect that 280 to last. Many races will soon be back within the margin of error and won't lean.

Actually, Romney will lose more states than McCain did. I think he'll take back Indiana but lose Arizona and Missouri.

Incidently, the ONLY reason why the GOP primary was "nasty" was because Romney defeated his opponents purely through the use of negative ads. His complaining about a "nasty" primary season is like the kid who killed his parents lamenting he's an orphan.

Sweet Evil Jesus, I can't believe you people sometimes.

Democrats are going into full liar mode. It will be all about the spin. Democrats should forget about republicans and start thinking about obama who is quickly losing what shred of sanity he is clinging to. He is hitting the cocaine too hard.

Romney's statement wasn't a gaffe. Just because we now know that obama didn't spend nearly enough time in Constitutional law class, saying he spent too much time at Harvard was an observation of his behavior, not the number of days he spent in school.

Democrats will make something else up in no time.

Propaganda. I've seen documentaries. And Romney actually made ground to win his governorship. Nice try guy.

Uh, no, actually, he didn't. He ran against a non-entity named Shannon O'Brien,a nd despite massively outspending her, he only beat her by a couple of points, and only lost because the Green Party split the anti-Romney vote.

Barack Obama is not Shannon O'Brien.

Actually, Romney will lose more states than McCain did. I think he'll take back Indiana but lose Arizona and Missouri.

Incidently, the ONLY reason why the GOP primary was "nasty" was because Romney defeated his opponents purely through the use of negative ads. His complaining about a "nasty" primary season is like the kid who killed his parents lamenting he's an orphan.

Do you really think that after all the lawsuits the federal government has filed against Arizona that Zonies are going to vote for obama? Do you think that Arizona is just going to forget fast and furious when the killings with governent supplied guns are happening on their own border? In their own state.

Uh, no, actually, he didn't. He ran against a non-entity named Shannon O'Brien,a nd despite massively outspending her, he only beat her by a couple of points, and only lost because the Green Party split the anti-Romney vote.

He was initially way down in the polls though. So I just showed how you just threw out a lie to make a false point. Got it guy?

Do you really think that after all the lawsuits the federal government has filed against Arizona that Zonies are going to vote for obama? Do you think that Arizona is just going to forget fast and furious when the killings with governent supplied guns are happening on their own border? In their own state.

I think that with the larger Hispanic population in Arizona, yeah, Obama will be competitive there. I think the anti-Hispanic nonsense Brewer has been pushing will backfire on the GOP big time.

He was initially way down in the polls though. So I just showed how you just threw out a lie to make a false point. Got it guy?

He was? Never saw that. You didn't provide a link or anything to hold up that proposition...

(Which I can understand, given how weak your links are when you do provide them.)

This is hokum. It's mostly guess work as there aren't active polls on most of those states. I doubt they did an actual Massachusetts poll for example. That was listed as dark blue for Obama. And lately it has went for Dems, but I doubt that the idiots bothered to remember that Romney is well liked in Massachusetts and he has a real shot.

Ohio was given to Obama to put him over the edge. They conveniently ignore today's Rasmussen poll (listed on their own site) that has Obama and Romney tied 45-45. What is that all about?

But... but... is supports Chris's partisanship, so it MUST be accurate... right?

Forum List

Back