Real estate insiders bewildered by judge’s $18M valuation of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago: ‘Would list at $300M’

thats funny,, the bank says my house is worth 180K but the tax man says its 90K

oook so you live in a shack in the middle of nowhere and your state/local gov being terrible at assessment. And?

Either way, note that they are only off by a factor of two, not a factor of 10 we are talking about in Trump's case.

Last edited:
by law the appraiser doesnt work for either,, they are independent and required to remain impartial,,
During a divorce many times there is a vast difference of opinion as to the value of the home. Each party gets to hire their own appraiser. If those appraisers cannot agree then the appraisers select an independent appraiser whose opinion will be final.

Only when the lender is getting the appraisal. If Trump is getting the appraisal, then he picks them.

You're so fucking clueless, you really should shut up and quit making a fool of yourself. Of course it's too late for that now anyway. :laughing0301:

Sorry you live in a fucking shack and your state/local gov is terrible at assessment.
insult fail,,

I love my little 1912 farmhouse on 12 acres where they put new streets in every 2 yrs,, with the best schools for hundreds of miles with a local government thats willing to fight the feds and the tax man,,

we just files=d suit against the new assessments,,

you must live in one of those suburbs with an HOA that tells you you cant wash your car in your own driveway,,

Really? Are rulers a matter of opinion or is math a matter of opinion?
Only the actual measurement made by an independent expert is not a matter of opinion.

Anyone that has ever had flooring installed knows this. Would Floors R Us rely on the owner's opinion of square footage? Certainly not.

During a divorce many times there is a vast difference of opinion as to the value of the home. Each party gets to hire their own appraiser. If those appraisers cannot agree then the appraisers select an independent appraiser whose opinion will be final.
after 30 yrs dealing with house sales they are required to be impartial regardless who hires them,,
doesnt mean two people cant come up with two different numbers,

100% of the time a lender uses their person,, a buyer is more than welcome to also have an appraisal but the lender doesnt care what they come up with,,

insult fail,,

I love my little 1912 farmhouse on 12 acres where they put new streets in every 2 yrs,, with the best schools for hundreds of miles with a local government thats willing to fight the feds and the tax man,,

we just files=d suit against the new assessments,,

you must live in one of those suburbs with an HOA that tells you you cant wash your car in your own driveway,,

I do as I please in the driveway of my ~1.4 million dollar house, so maybe it's time you quit posting made up bullshit.

Your local government can fight whoever they want, fact is they are clearly incompetent at assement of your property's actual value and are grossly undertaxing you under their own laws.

You want to put some money on the bullshit you post?
I bet that no person ever in the history of the world that owns a million dollar house would be on some anonymous forum arguing with a stranger,,

their child might,,

Last edited:
That's about right for a county assessors' valuation of the improvements. Do you think that includes the value of the golf course? Of course not.
1695915987481.png

There is no golf course on the 18 acre MAL property. That is a separate property.

WW

Forum List

Back