Rebirth of Liberty....?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. With eyes on the New Year, and the next administration in my heart, I have the fondest hopes for a rebirth of liberty in America.

a. A reminder: America was founded as a bastion of freedom of religion...and not any bogus 'freedom from religion.'
b. Before using terms such as 'racism,' or 'homophobia' or whatever term the Left comes up with, remember what liberty means: thinking ill of anyone or anything is not a crime, but forcing everyone to participate in some peoples' delusions is.

2. The only doctrines that force individual to think in some officially acceptable way are Fascist, Communist, Nazi, Liberal or Progressive.
The view can be found starting with the provenance of the doctrines above, the French Revolution.

a. And so, we find the totalitarianism of reason: “We must reason about all things,” and anyone who ‘refuses to seek out the truth’ thereby renounces his human nature and “should be treated by the rest of his species as a wild beast.” So, once ‘truth’ is determined, anyone who doesn’t accept it was “either insane or wicked and morally evil.” It is not the individual who has the “ right to decide about the nature of right and wrong,” but only “the human race,” expressed as the general will." Himmelfarb, “The Roads to Modernity,” p. 167-68

Robespierre: We must exterminate all our enemies.

In every iteration of collectivism....this is the view, and the aim.

3. And, the revolution that arose from the French Revolution....
"The actual insurrection--the Bolshevik Revolution--began on the morning of November 6 (October 24) 1917, when Kerensky ordered the Bolshevik press closed."
The Russian Revolution and the Soviet Union Union

In November/December, the penal system was re-written to include "enemy of the people."
...and, ex-post facto, the Bolsheviks arrested and exterminated all those 'enemies of the people.'
Think collectively or die!

4. In short, for there to be liberty.....it is behavior that determines illegality, not 'thought crimes.'
".... antidiscrimination laws across America have subverted freedom of religion and freedom of speech in a bid to give homosexuals and transgenders “freedom from being offended.”
The absurdity of this new freedom should be obvious. There probably isn’t an opinion in existence that couldn’t offend somebody." What Will Happen to Religious Freedom?

Has this election put a stop to Liberal Fascism....or merely a pause?

5. We bask in the wonder of an exceptional nation, one with a Constitution based on and endorsing religious freedom.

"...about three out of four people in the world live in a nation where serious restrictions are placed on the free exercise of religion. In many Middle Eastern nations, people can even be fined, jailed or killed for crimes of blasphemy or apostasy" What Will Happen to Religious Freedom?

Of course, in recent times, more and more limitations have been placed on that freedom. When Franklin Roosevelt used his first Supreme Court nomination for a KKKer who despised religious influence in the public arena, "... a radical secularist movement has convinced millions of Americans that “freedom of religion” actually means “freedom from religion.” Building on this premise, government officials have dismissed religious concerns as irrelevant and used the power of the state to coerce Christians to act contrary to their faith, such as subsidizing abortion procedures and participating in homosexual wedding ceremonies." Ibid.

The liberty she's talking about, for example, is the liberty to discriminate against gays, as we've seen going on in North Carolina.

Actually, stepping back and looking at the whole process that continues to develop in North Carolina is a great example of what America is all about.

1. With eyes on the New Year, and the next administration in my heart, I have the fondest hopes for a rebirth of liberty in America.

a. A reminder: America was founded as a bastion of freedom of religion...and not any bogus 'freedom from religion.'
b. Before using terms such as 'racism,' or 'homophobia' or whatever term the Left comes up with, remember what liberty means: thinking ill of anyone or anything is not a crime, but forcing everyone to participate in some peoples' delusions is.

2. The only doctrines that force individual to think in some officially acceptable way are Fascist, Communist, Nazi, Liberal or Progressive.
The view can be found starting with the provenance of the doctrines above, the French Revolution.

a. And so, we find the totalitarianism of reason: “We must reason about all things,” and anyone who ‘refuses to seek out the truth’ thereby renounces his human nature and “should be treated by the rest of his species as a wild beast.” So, once ‘truth’ is determined, anyone who doesn’t accept it was “either insane or wicked and morally evil.” It is not the individual who has the “ right to decide about the nature of right and wrong,” but only “the human race,” expressed as the general will." Himmelfarb, “The Roads to Modernity,” p. 167-68

"The actual insurrection--the Bolshevik Revolution--began on the morning of November 6 (October 24) 1917, when Kerensky ordered the Bolshevik press closed."

In November/December, the penal system was re-written to include "enemy of the people."
...and, ex-post facto, the Bolsheviks arrested and exterminated all those 'enemies of the people.'

4. In short, for there to be liberty.....it is behavior that determines illegality, not 'thought crimes.'
".... antidiscrimination laws across America have subverted freedom of religion and freedom of speech in a bid to give homosexuals and transgenders “freedom from being offended.”
The absurdity of this new freedom should be obvious. There probably isn’t an opinion in existence that couldn’t offend somebody." What Will Happen to Religious Freedom?

Sadly, we'll march on to our destruction.

Has there been an actual retraction of liberty under the Obama, this most destructive President in modern times?

Let's see....

6. "During the eight years of Barack Obama’s presidency, the federal government spearheaded the greatest assault on religious freedom in modern American history.
.... the Affordable Care Act enacted on March 23, 2010, mandated that employers provide employees with contraceptives, abortion-inducing drugs and sterilizations. Even though several U.S. religious organizations believe that contraception and abortion are sin, the Obama administration refused to exempt religious institutions from its sweeping health-care mandate.

Washington insisted that a woman’s right to abortion-inducing drugs is more important than employers’ right to act in accordance with their religious beliefs."
What Will Happen to Religious Freedom?

Well....I sure would like to see Trump's Supreme Court picks.

The liberty she's talking about, for example, is the liberty to discriminate against gays, as we've seen going on in North Carolina.

Actually, stepping back and looking at the whole process that continues to develop in North Carolina is a great example of what America is all about.

Which is....?

I would too. I just believe its too late. Thats not being pessimistic. Its just that our cycle is almost full circle.

I would too. I just believe its too late. Thats not being pessimistic. Its just that our cycle is almost full circle.

It took a full century for Progressives to get Obama, the most destructive President in my lifetime, into office.
Let's see what these four years bring.

OMG!!!

You're making me sound like an optimist!!!!

It took a full century for Progressives to get Obama, the most destructive President in my lifetime, into office.

OMG!!!

I think you are!!!

OMG!!!

I think you are!!!

Yikes!!!!

Here are two that I hope Trump picks for the court....

Wm. Pryor

and

Mike Lee

The former is 54, the latter, 45.

Highly recommend Lee's book, "Our Lost Constitution."

OMG!!!

I think you are!!!

Yikes!!!!

Here are two that I hope Trump picks for the court....

Wm. Pryor

and

Mike Lee

The former is 54, the latter, 45.

Highly recommend Lee's book, "Our Lost Constitution."

Thank you PC. Ill check it out.

Has there been an actual retraction of liberty under the Obama, this most destructive President in modern times?

Let's see....

6. "During the eight years of Barack Obama’s presidency, the federal government spearheaded the greatest assault on religious freedom in modern American history.

.... the Affordable Care Act enacted on March 23, 2010, mandated that employers provide employees with contraceptives, abortion-inducing drugs and sterilizations. Even though several U.S. religious organizations believe that contraception and abortion are sin, the Obama administration refused to exempt religious institutions from its sweeping health-care mandate.

Washington insisted that a woman’s right to abortion-inducing drugs is more important than employers’ right to act in accordance with their religious beliefs."
What Will Happen to Religious Freedom?

Quite a bizarre reading of the Constitution.....
....except for Liberals.

.....a. And so, we find the totalitarianism of reason: “We must reason about all things,” and anyone who ‘refuses to seek out the truth’ thereby renounces his human nature and “should be treated by the rest of his species as a wild beast.” So, once ‘truth’ is determined, anyone who doesn’t accept it was “either insane or wicked and morally evil.” It is not the individual who has the “ right to decide about the nature of right and wrong,” but only “the human race,” expressed as the general will." Himmelfarb, “The Roads to Modernity,” p. 167-68.....

upload_2016-12-25_11-33-31.jpeg

The problem with legislating truth is that those in power determine and choose what people should believe... Even if there is little to no truth in the beliefs they legislate.

*****SMILE*****

:)

7. "At the state and local level, Christians have been forced to provide homosexual couples with wedding cakes and photography services against their deeply held religious convictions.

Aaron and Melissa Klein ran a bakery in Portland, Oregon, for seven years before a lesbian woman asked the Christian couple on Jan. 17, 2013, to bake a cake for her same-sex wedding. Mr. Klein said his business didn’t cater same-sex weddings due to his religious beliefs.

... Oregon officials informed the Kleins that they were being prosecuted for violating the Oregon Equality Act of 2007.

The lesbian couple had filed a claim with the state, stating that the Kleins’ refusal to bake them a cake had caused them to suffer from 88 symptoms of mental anguish including “doubt,” “surprise,” “uncertainty,” “worry” and a “dislike of going to work.”

....their case wasn’t even tried by a judge from the Oregon judiciary; it was tried by a bureaucrat from the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries, who ruled that the Kleins owed the lesbian couple, Rachel Cryer and Laurel Bowman, $135,000 in damages.

Labor Bureau Commissioner Brad Avakian told local media that the real reason for the fine was to persuade the couple to change their religious beliefs. “The goal is to REHABILITATE,” he said. “For those who do violate the law, we want them to learn from that experience and have a good, successful business in Oregon” ....

Although Rachel Cryer could have easily found another cake supplier, the Oregon government deemed it important to make an example of the Kleins.

According to the official catechism of the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries, a Christian couple’s right to religious freedom takes a backseat to a lesbian couple’s right to a cake." What Will Happen to Religious Freedom?

8. "A baker in Colorado, a florist in Washington and a photographer in New Mexico have all been convicted of violating state antidiscrimination laws for refusing to offer same-sex couples the same services they offer to heterosexual couples.

The government is outlawing free moral agency in such matters of conscience." What Will Happen to Religious Freedom?

9. The Constitution is known as 'the law of the land.'
If only.

This is the first amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Not only does is cover religious freedom....without exception for gays, but it includes free speech.

"Government control over the content of religious sermons is something usually associated with the Islamic Republic of Iran or the Communist Party of China. Yet state officials in both Iowa and Massachusetts have claimed the power to forbid Christian pastors from expressing biblical views on human sexuality in public.

In 2007, the Iowa State Legislature passed a Civil Rights Act that bans places of “public accommodation” from expressing their views on human sexuality if they would “directly or indirectly” make “persons of any particular … gender identity” feel “unwelcome.” ....the Iowa Civil Rights Commission released a brochure in 2012 stating, “Iowa law provides that these protections do not apply to religious institutions with respect to any religion-based qualifications when such qualifications are related to a bona fide religious purpose. Where qualifications are not related to a bona fide religious purpose, churches are still subject to the law’s provisions.”

In short, this law means that pastors who work for “religious institutions” can only express their views on human sexuality if an Iowa bureaucrat decides these views are related to a “bona fide religious purpose.” Ibid.

10. "The Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination explained ...“[P]laces of public accommodation may not discriminate against or restrict a person from services because of that person’s gender identity. … Even a church could be seen as a place of public accommodation if it holds a secular event, such as a spaghetti supper, that is open to the general public.”

Massachusetts also makes it a crime to “discriminate” against individuals who identify as transgender by refusing to use their preferred pronoun. Thus, a Massachusetts church could be prosecuted if one of its members won’t refer to a man with female pronouns during a church spaghetti dinner.

As in Iowa, it is up to a state bureaucrat to determine which church-sponsored events are “secular” and which serve a “bona fide religious purpose.”

...the U.S. Constitution ....guarantees people constitutional rights. A person’s freedom to express religious opinions holds true whether inside or outside a church. As long as a person’s behavior doesn’t violate someone else’s constitutional rights, it doesn’t matter whether that behavior takes place in a church or not.

So-called antidiscrimination laws across America have subverted freedom of religion and freedom of speech in a bid to give homosexuals and transgenders “freedom from being offended.”

The absurdity of this new freedom should be obvious. .... Should atheist groups be banned from criticizing religion in public since that offends Christians?" What Will Happen to Religious Freedom?

A new year....a new administration....
...the hope for freedom and liberty to be re-established in America.

Forum List

Back