Red State Voucher Schools: The Right To Be Ignorant

No wonder the "Red States" are a bit slower than the "Blue States". Look at what they teach these kids in "Voucher Schools"........

1. Dinosaurs and humans probably hung out

2. Dragons were totally real

3. "God used the Trail of Tears to bring many Indians to Christ

4. Africa needs religion

5. Slave masters were nice guys

6. The KKK was A-OK

7. The Great Depression wasn't as bad as the liberals made it sound

8. SCOTUS enslaved fetuses

9. The Red Scare isn't over yet

10. Mark Twain and Emily Dickinson were a couple of hacks

11. Abstract algebra is too dang complicated

12. Gay people "have no more claims to special rights than child molesters or rapists

13. "Global environmentalists have said and written enough to leave no doubt that their goal is to destroy the prosperous economies of the world's richest nations

14. Globalization is a precursor to rapture

14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools | Mother Jones

And yet it's blue states that seem to keep breeding low information voters. Go figure. :eusa_whistle:

I like how one of the wingnut legislators in Louisiana was horrified to learn that their school voucher program - which she was totally ga-ga over, of course - allowed the establishment of a Muslim school in her state.
Louisiana is third in the nation in private school enrollment. Generally speaking, public school students in Louisiana rank near the bottom in classroom performance and have held that spot for years. With the ending of segregation, white parents began pulling their kids out of public schools. This has created a demand to transfer public education funds to private schools via vouchers and other programs.

The fears of educators regarding the rise of private education is coming true in Louisiana with two systems of education emerging:
  • Private schools that serve middle and upper income families that can meet the private school admission requirements.
  • Public schools that serve the poorer students and those that are rejected by private schools. These are of course the most difficult and costly to education, students with severe learning disabilities, severe emotional problems, and delinquents. Local districts are faced with much greater challenges and less money to meet those challenges.

Last edited:
I like how one of the wingnut legislators in Louisiana was horrified to learn that their school voucher program - which she was totally ga-ga over, of course - allowed the establishment of a Muslim school in her state.

I believe you.

Oh wait, no I don't....

I believe you.

Oh wait, no I don't....

Of course you wouldn't.

Nevertheless....

Rep. Valarie Hodges, R-Watson, says she had no idea that Gov. Bobby Jindal’s overhaul of the state’s educational system might mean taxpayer support of Muslim schools.

“I actually support funding for teaching the fundamentals of America’s Founding Fathers’ religion, which is Christianity, in public schools or private schools,” the District 64 Representative said Monday.

“I liked the idea of giving parents the option of sending their children to a public school or a Christian school,” Hodges said.

Hodges mistakenly assumed that “religious” meant “Christian.”

HB976, now signed into law as Act 2, proposed, among other things, a voucher program allowing state educational funds to be used to send students to schools run by religious groups.

Other members of the local legislative delegation, including Senator Dale Erdey, Rep. J. Rogers Pope and Rep. Sherman Mack, opposed HB976. They argued that public school funds should stay with the public schools.

Gov. Bobby Jindal’s staff pushed hard to get the educational bills approved in the early days of the session, which ended June 4.

Hodges, who represents District 64 on the northwest side of the parish, and another freshman lawmaker in the local delegation, Clay Schexnayder from Dist. 81 in the southwest, voted with the House majority in favor of HB976.

The school funding mechanism, however, did not come up for a vote until the end of the session. By then, a Muslim-based school had applied for support through the new voucher system.

During debate over the MFP (Minimum Foundation Program) funding formula, Hodges learned more about the consequences of the educational changes. She voted against the new MFP funding formula; Schexnayder voted for it.

“Unfortunately it will not be limited to the Founders’ religion,” Hodges said. “We need to insure that it does not open the door to fund radical Islam schools. There are a thousand Muslim schools that have sprung up recently. I do not support using public funds for teaching Islam anywhere here in Louisiana.”

Hodges now leery of Jindal reform

Louisiana is third in the nation in private school enrollment. Generally speaking, public school students in Louisiana rank near the bottom in classroom performance and have held that spot for years. With the ending of segregation, white parents began pulling their kids out of public schools. This has created a demand to transfer public education funds to private schools via vouchers and other programs.

The fears of educators regarding the rise of private education is coming true in Louisiana with two systems of education emerging:
  • Private schools that serve middle and upper income families that can meet the private school admission requirements.
  • Public schools that serve the poorer students and those that are rejected by private schools. These are of course the most difficult and costly to education, students with severe learning disabilities, severe emotional problems, and delinquents. Local districts are faced with much greater challenges and less money to meet those challenges.

Do you have any proof that poor students are rejected disproportionately by private schools?

It's a newspaper article, you stupid wingnut.

:lol::lol::lol:

Goddamn but your stupid, even for a Communist....

{“Unfortunately it will not be limited to the Founders’ religion,” Hodges said. “We need to insure that it does not open the door to fund radical Islam schools. There are a thousand Muslim schools that have sprung up recently. I do not support using public funds for teaching Islam anywhere here in Louisiana.” }

Fucking hick-town blog by a couple of Obamabot morons "publishing" the monthly "news."

Do you have any proof that poor students are rejected disproportionately by private schools?
Private Schools are there to make money which means selecting students that are the easiest to educate and with parents that are able to pay. Most private schools do not offer special education services because of the cost but depend on the local school district and they certainly don't welcome delinquents, gang members, or any students they feel will not "fit in" well. If you don't believe this, just talk to some local private schools about accepting kids with severe learning, emotion, or physical disabilities, or on free and reduced lunch and see how fast they refer you to the public schools.

Last edited:
It's a newspaper article, you stupid wingnut.

:lol::lol::lol:

Goddamn but your stupid, even for a Communist....

{“Unfortunately it will not be limited to the Founders’ religion,” Hodges said. “We need to insure that it does not open the door to fund radical Islam schools. There are a thousand Muslim schools that have sprung up recently. I do not support using public funds for teaching Islam anywhere here in Louisiana.” }

Fucking hick-town blog by a couple of Obamabot morons "publishing" the monthly "news."

And again, you are a stupid, fuckin' ignorant wingnut moron hack. There are a few more terms I could throw out there to describe you, but those pretty much cover it, I guess.

This is a newspaper article from the newspaper's mobile site.

Here's a link to the regular internet site of the article which you can view yourself, if you don't mind registering (it's free, btw):

Hodges now leery of Jindal reform - The Livingston Parish News: News

And because I'm feeling generous, I'll even supply you with two screenshots in case you don't want to register. If you want to say they're photoshops, then register yourself and look.

Point is this: this happened. Sorry if you don't want to believe one of your fellow wingnuts could be so stupid and shortsighted, but she was.

Oh, but weren't you one of the shit-talkers predicting the Prez would lose? I guess that explains it.

:finger3:

Forum List

Back