“Redistribute the wealth”

I’ve never understood what that phrase really means. There is never an explanation on how to do it.

Republicans of course automatically assume the extreme which is that the wealth would be radically distributed among the entire population which would eliminate the wealthy class of America and thus end capitalism as we know it. However, no prominent progressive has EVER suggested this. The issue on the left is the rising inequality between the middle class and wealthy class. We aren’t suggesting some naive, theoretical utopia where everyone lives off the same wealth regardless of their contribution to society and lives happily ever after. Republicans just assume that’s what lefties mean when we talk about wealth inequality because it makes for a convenient argument. It makes dismissing the leftwing ideology easy.

Of course, what lefties actually want to do is simply narrow the gap so that anyone working 40 hours a week doesn’t have to live in poverty. That’s it. That’s all lefties care about. In this current economy, that is impossible for 10s of millions of people. Why is that impossible? Because the top 3 richest people in the country own more wealth than the bottom 50% of workers.

Again, I’ll admit I don’t know how it should be done, but it needs to be done. Radical change is necessary. The last time someone could comfortably live off $10 per hour was in the 1960’s.
Our economy is definitely strong when we have a better distribution of wealth. Too much inequality slows he economy.
/---/ OK send me 1/2 your money so I can spend it to help the economy.
You aren't very bright are you?
/---/ It's called redistribution. It's what you just called for.

Isn't trump trying to redistribute wealth with all this make America great again business and bringing back good jobs? You Repubs do realize we had much less inequality when we've had stronger economies?
/---/ No, and stop playing stupid.
So you are too stupid to realize that trump is trying to redistribute wealth? Isn't that what would happen if he brought back the good paying jobs?

I’ve never understood what that phrase really means. There is never an explanation on how to do it.

Republicans of course automatically assume the extreme which is that the wealth would be radically distributed among the entire population which would eliminate the wealthy class of America and thus end capitalism as we know it. However, no prominent progressive has EVER suggested this. The issue on the left is the rising inequality between the middle class and wealthy class. We aren’t suggesting some naive, theoretical utopia where everyone lives off the same wealth regardless of their contribution to society and lives happily ever after. Republicans just assume that’s what lefties mean when we talk about wealth inequality because it makes for a convenient argument. It makes dismissing the leftwing ideology easy.

Of course, what lefties actually want to do is simply narrow the gap so that anyone working 40 hours a week doesn’t have to live in poverty. That’s it. That’s all lefties care about. In this current economy, that is impossible for 10s of millions of people. Why is that impossible? Because the top 3 richest people in the country own more wealth than the bottom 50% of workers.

Again, I’ll admit I don’t know how it should be done, but it needs to be done. Radical change is necessary. The last time someone could comfortably live off $10 per hour was in the 1960’s.
Our economy is definitely strong when we have a better distribution of wealth. Too much inequality slows he economy.
It’s hard to discuss with people who can’t have an intellectually honest conversation.

We had a tax system that worked. We had a government that worked. But then republicans got tax breaks and deregulation’s and next thing you know, the gap between the rich and poor grew and the middle class didn’t get a raise ever since Reagan and the corporate media has convinced you us liberals did it.

And jobs went overseas. Who did that? Republicans. Don’t tell me Clinton made nafta. He didn’t. He just signed it into law. But that law protected workers. Bush removed those protections and he caused a Great Recession.

This is the government and economy we deserve. Many of you don’t vote or vote against your own financial interests

So is Trump. You'd see that if you were smarter.

Republicans don’t realize that as soon as the USA was founded corporations immediately tried to take it over. Our founders didn’t let them. But slowly but surely they’ve been taking it over ever since. They made great gains starting with Reagan.

All you republicans who complain America is fucked up. No it isn’t. Look at your masters. They’re doing great. Only labor has not benefitted. So don’t blame liberals. You republicans are to blame voting for trickle down and deregulation

Example?
No, you give me examples why you think I’m wrong.

I never said you were wrong. I just need an example to understand what you mean by corporations taking over? I don't understand. I need an example please.

Republicans don’t realize that as soon as the USA was founded corporations immediately tried to take it over. Our founders didn’t let them. But slowly but surely they’ve been taking it over ever since. They made great gains starting with Reagan.

All you republicans who complain America is fucked up. No it isn’t. Look at your masters. They’re doing great. Only labor has not benefitted. So don’t blame liberals. You republicans are to blame voting for trickle down and deregulation
/----/ I didn't have a master. So why didn't obozo and the democRATS fix things for labor instead of driving businesses overseas?
Did they have enough votes to do that? Would republicans have gone along?

Example?

I never said you were wrong. I just need an example to understand what you mean by corporations taking over? I don't understand. I need an example please.
Lobbyists?

/----/ I didn't have a master. So why didn't obozo and the democRATS fix things for labor instead of driving businesses overseas?
Imagine if obama proposed tariffs or building a wall. Do you think you would have supported obama on these things?

I’m glad you guys have changed a little Now at least you want to bring jobs back home. They won’t pay nearly as good but to you guys a jobs a job even if it pays only $10hr right? If those workers want better they’d better organize. Oh wait! If they do you won’t support them, right?

Example?

A.L.E.C.

Did you know they write legislation and hand it to their republican pawn to introduce it into law?

You don’t know corporations control our politicians? Why do you think it costs millions to run for office? Campaign finance reform?

Citizens united?

Imagine if obama proposed tariffs or building a wall. Do you think you would have supported obama on these things?

I’m glad you guys have changed a little Now at least you want to bring jobs back home. They won’t pay nearly as good but to you guys a jobs a job even if it pays only $10hr right? If those workers want better they’d better organize. Oh wait! If they do you won’t support them, right?
/---/ of course I would have supported him. It's what I want. Geeeeze what a stupid question. If Trump pushed single payer and open borders would you support him then?

/---/ of course I would have supported him. It's what I want. Geeeeze what a stupid question. If Trump pushed single payer and open borders would you support him then?
Single payer yes

/---/ So where is my handout from Trump? Let me check my mailbox....... nope nothing there.

It’s hard to take someone serious when you suggest we want something we don’t actually want like open borders.

You could make an argument that we should build a wall around every state or the entire country. Why don’t you? Please tell me why these are stupid ideas. If you can

/---/ So where is my handout from Trump? Let me check my mailbox....... nope nothing there.
The crumbs he gave you in that tax break for him

It’s hard to discuss with people who can’t have an intellectually honest conversation.

We had a tax system that worked. We had a government that worked. But then republicans got tax breaks and deregulation’s and next thing you know, the gap between the rich and poor grew and the middle class didn’t get a raise ever since Reagan and the corporate media has convinced you us liberals did it.

And jobs went overseas. Who did that? Republicans. Don’t tell me Clinton made nafta. He didn’t. He just signed it into law. But that law protected workers. Bush removed those protections and he caused a Great Recession.

This is the government and economy we deserve. Many of you don’t vote or vote against your own financial interests
/----/ And the sky is falling... bwhahahahaha

Well they did call him the deporter in chief. Did you praise obama for being a big deporter? Let’s hear you repeat your praises to obama for that.

Also Clinton and obama raided a lot of illegal employers. Bush stopped those raids on his watch

Well they did call him the reporter in chief. Did you praise obama for being a big reporter? Let’s hear you repeat your praises to obama for that.
/----/ WTF? Reporter in Chief? What does that mean?

Well they did call him the reporter in chief. Did you praise obama for being a big reporter? Let’s hear you repeat your praises to obama for that.
/----/ WTF? Reporter in Chief? What does that mean?
Deporter

You said so in 2016

No it’s not falling but many of you will never retire

Forum List

Back