Refugees and the right to return

My view is right of return only applie to those who had once actually lived in an area, not their descendants and the refugees need to be taken in by all involved states and given citizenship. They've been held hostage for too long.
The Sephardic Jews were taken in by Muslims and Latin Americans for centuries and that did not abrogate the right of return of their descendants to become Spanish citizens since 2015.

Exactly. Neither has the right of the Jewish people to return to their ancestral and historical homeland been abrogated. (Yes, I realize you think the Jewish people originated in Spain, but that's just silly.)

Asking for land documents before Palestinian refugees can return to their land would be like Swiss banks requiring death certificates from Auschwitz-Birkenau before valuables can be withdrawn by Jewish next-of-kin. It is obscene.
How can you verify claims then?
As the Swiss bankers asked the next of kin of Jews gassed at Auschwitz-Birkenau.
I am asking you...
I am neither a Swiss banker nor an Israeli.
Everyone knows who are the Palestinian refugees and their descendants. They have a right of return.

You really think that the time you're wasting with snarky answers actually HELPS the people who have 10 or 30 years in the refugee camps?

Figure out how to make BOTH sides happy. Figure out how to get people OUT of those camps. Or most of them. Sending them all to Israel is not gonna happen..
It is not for me to figure out how the Israelis can fix the problem they have created. They should have quit their land grabbing after the United Nations accepted Israel as a member state. The Occupation will destroy Israel.

All refugees who are no longer refugees -- in practical fact -- should be removed from consideration in terms of re-settlement. As in, removed from the lists and no longer considered refugees. ...
To their credit, the Spanish refuse to deny the right of return of Sephardic refugees even after 500 years.

As the Swiss bankers asked the next of kin of Jews gassed at Auschwitz-Birkenau.
I am asking you...
Everyone knows who are the Palestinian refugees and their descendants. They have a right of return.

You really think that the time you're wasting with snarky answers actually HELPS the people who have 10 or 30 years in the refugee camps?

Figure out how to make BOTH sides happy. Figure out how to get people OUT of those camps. Or most of them. Sending them all to Israel is not gonna happen..
It is not for me to figure out how the Israelis can fix the problem they have created. They should have quit their land grabbing after the United Nations accepted Israel as a member state. The Occupation will destroy Israel.

Can we talk? I mean REALLY TALK? I agree Israel has dragged it's feet a bunch about the lands they ended up with after the 68 war.. I agree that camps full of refugees in OTHER countries is a bad thing. Although I DON'T know all their stories like you seem to do. But I also know that the PALIS have made a series of SERIOUS mistakes over the last 60 years or so.. Some that indicate they are NOT LIKELY to be CAPABLE of forming a nation-state...

Can you NAME ANY of these mistakes that THEY (the PALIS) have made??

My view is right of return only applie to those who had once actually lived in an area, not their descendants and the refugees need to be taken in by all involved states and given citizenship. They've been held hostage for too long.
The Sephardic Jews were taken in by Muslims and Latin Americans for centuries and that did not abrogate the right of return of their descendants to become Spanish citizens since 2015.

Exactly. Neither has the right of the Jewish people to return to their ancestral and historical homeland been abrogated. (Yes, I realize you think the Jewish people originated in Spain, but that's just silly.)
Indeed, the historical homeland of the Sephardim is Spain.

I am asking you...

Can we talk? I mean REALLY TALK? I agree Israel has dragged it's feet a bunch about the lands they ended up with after the 68 war.. I agree that camps full of refugees in OTHER countries is a bad thing. Although I DON'T know all their stories like you seem to do. But I also know that the PALIS have made a series of SERIOUS mistakes over the last 60 years or so.. Some that indicate they are NOT LIKELY to be CAPABLE of forming a nation-state...

Can you NAME ANY of these mistakes that THEY (the PALIS) have made??
Why do you refer to Palestinians as "PALIS"?

You keep pressing that argument as if it means something in the current situation. It is not a right of return issue. They are not refugees. It was Spains apology for expelling them, not an acknowledgement of indigenous rights.

You keep pressing that argument as if it means something in the current situation. It is not a right of return issue. They are not refugees. It was Spains apology for expelling them, not an acknowledgement of indigenous rights.
It is clear that the Spanish understand the status of refugees and the right of return of their descendants cannot be changed by the passage of time. The Israelis and some posters here have no such understanding.

It is clear that the Spanish understand the status of refugees and the right of return of their descendants cannot be changed by the passage of time. The Israelis and some posters here have no such understanding.
Look up the definition of refugee, and explain how they are refugees because that doesn't seem to fit.

I assume then that you would agree that at least the rest of the Jews deserve to return to their homeland by your logic?

I am asking you...

I agree Israel has dragged it's feet a bunch about the lands they ended up with after the 68 war..
Indeed, and it is illegal to acquire territory by war.

It's" illegal" for Israel to keep the land but not " illegal" for the Arab Nations to initiate War, destroy and occupy" Israel? Not surprised at the mentality of the Palestinian

I am asking you...

I agree Israel has dragged it's feet a bunch about the lands they ended up with after the 68 war..

It's" illegal" for Israel to keep the land but not " illegal" for the Arab Nations to initiate War, destroy and occupy" Israel? Not surprised at the mentality of the Palestinian
The Palestinians did not initiate the war.

Look up the definition of refugee, and explain how they are refugees because that doesn't seem to fit.

I assume then that you would agree that at least the rest of the Jews deserve to return to their homeland by your logic?
Yes, Moldovan Jews can return to the former Soviet republic.

How silly. Just about every country, including the USA acquired territory by war.
That's how the Arabs took over Jewish land in Palestine, after Roman diaspora.

Do Palestinian refugees who originated from Egypt have a right of return to Palestine?

Do Palestinian refugees who originated from Egypt have a right of return to Palestine?
All refugees have a right of return.

You didn't actually answer the question.

You didn't actually answer the question.
Forgive me but I am not an expert.

How silly. Just about every country, including the USA acquired territory by war.
That's how the Arabs took over Jewish land in Palestine, after Roman diaspora.
That is true. However, back then it was not illegal. In the 20th century it was.

Forum List

Back