Refutation of "African slave trade"

my what a big chip that is on your shoulder aristotle .....

No chip just gave you the answer you wanted...Nice try at deflection. I gave you the answer. Not from a black website or from a black person, but from a white person..LOL Next!

It was the white man that ended slavery. Yep, the very people that you hate the most are the only ones to make constitutions demanding all human beings to be treated equally. I swear, you people can't think through things. No wonder your entire population was enslaved.

Who's to blame??? I'd say you're for being a weak people within a violent soulless world.

Demanding a free meal ticket from the people that gave you the chance. Is kind of dishonorable.

You couldn't even address my points Matthew. You're a pathetic racist coward. All you do is forgo the truths I laid out and then you use this pathetic attempt to argue back. Matthew, I'm no advocate of suicide but this planet is better off without you.

No chip just gave you the answer you wanted...Nice try at deflection. I gave you the answer. Not from a black website or from a black person, but from a white person..LOL Next!

you did not give an answer...nor did you ask a question. Your OP was a flat statement.

sorry....i hate to the one to inform you.... Yes afericans were the major force behind rounding up, kidnapping and selling other afericans into the slave trade.

That is not a lie, or fabrication. It is a historical fact.

Do you value your white man invented education? If you do then thank Plato! He started the first college.

and founder of the Academy in Athens, the first institution of higher learning in the Western world.

Plato - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is this enough for you to respect what the white man brought the world??? What do you want? Do you want the white man to be inshamed throughout his life.

These idea's made it possible for your freedom.

Last edited:
Do you value your white man invented education? If you do then thank Plato! He started the first college.

and founder of the Academy in Athens, the first institution of higher learning in the Western world.

Plato - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is this enough for you to respect what the white man brought to the world??? What do you want? Do you want the white man to be inshamed throughout his life.

Matthew you mentioned the first college but did you take advantage of this invention? Me thinks the way you write I don't think you did.

you did not give an answer...nor did you ask a question. Your OP was a flat statement.

sorry....i hate to the one to inform you.... Yes afericans were the major force behind rounding up, kidnapping and selling other afericans into the slave trade.

What the fuck is a
"afericans?" Some kind of Puerto Rican and African combined?

Evidence of slavery predates written records, and has existed in many cultures.[12] Slavery is rare among hunter–gatherer populations, as slavery is a system of social stratification. Mass slavery also requires economic surpluses and a high population density to be viable. Due to these factors, the practice of slavery would have only proliferated after the invention of agriculture during the Neolithic Revolution about 11,000 years ago.[4]

Slavery was known in civilizations as old as Sumer, as well as almost every other ancient civilization, including Ancient Egypt, Ancient China, the Akkadian Empire, Assyria, Ancient India, Ancient Greece, the Roman Empire, the Islamic Caliphate, and the pre-Columbian civilizations of the Americas.[12] Such institutions were a mixture of debt-slavery, punishment for crime, the enslavement of prisoners of war, child abandonment, and the birth of slave children to slaves.[13]

History of slavery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Every culture, race and creed had slavery. The white man through the idea's like Plato to the times of our founding fathers brought an end to it.

Keep it up Matthew that is some serious college research you're doing! Wikipedia a good place to find scholarly work!

What the fuck is a
"afericans?" Some kind of Puerto Rican and African combined?

damn spell check. :lol:

though i do find it interesting that is what you got from my post...

No one is excusing the white man, Aristotle, for racism and slavery.

But no one is going to buy your POV that somehow white slavery was worse than black slavery or Native American slavery or African slavery or Asian slavery.

Slavery was an universal fact transcending race.

The major misconception is to think any other thing than slavery was accepted throughout the world in the 16th century. The only reason the Triangular Trade was primarily a 'Caucasian deal' was that they held all three ends of the triangle. It was not because of race, it was because of geography and power. Any and all other races were envious, is all, at the time.

"To justify the slave trade its supporters dehumanised the African race, used as slaves, hence they were called "Black cattle". This led to Africans being thought of as an inferior race, the consequences of which can still be seen in acts of racism today.

View attachment 21820

Initially the colonial settlers did not distinguish between work that should be done by whites, blacks or Indians. Labour was not demarcated by racial divides. The sugar plantation and the arrival of large numbers of African slaves into the colonies soon changed that however, work came to be divided on racial grounds: only blacks should undertake certain work. Slaves in the Americas were unlike slaves in most previous slave societies, for they were characterised by colour. They were black slaves. In the process, it came to be assumed, in the mind of slave owners (later in the conventions of local society, subsequently in law and legal systems), that slave work could only be done by black people. Conversely, here was work which white people should not undertake. The slave plantations of the Americas brought into being a new language and mentality of race which was utterly unique and which was to survive the death of slavery itself. Racism had been born."

Reference: Garstang Fairtrade Town

She's right. Deflecting from the chip which rests on your shoulder is tantamount to asking someone to believe you instead of their own ears and eyes. It's a goddamned elephant.

When I was in graduate school I was branded a racist for arguing about slavery with a Black professor about slavery. He said that the Africans thought that they were selling people into a 'kinder, gentler' slavery. I told him that he was full of shit. This came a few weeks after I made him look foolish in an argument about Ebonics.

What was fairly unique about the New World Slave industry was basically its industrial scale, but that about it

Because at the time, slavery was quite common in the old world, too.

When Charles II, the last Hapburg to rule that land was fighting the Ottoman empire, the galleys both sides used in the MED were slave powered, and neither race nor religion nor nationality made much difference to either side, either.

White Europeans were as likely to be chained in Christian ships as they were to be chained in Turkish ships and vice versa.

Slavery (of any race, any religion, any nationality) was so common back then, that trying to make it something special in the New World slavery requires that one consider something OTHER than the moral or racial implications.

Do remember that many of the new world's slaves were White, too.

All that being said, do remember this...the New world could not have been taken and settled by EUROS over had it NOT been for their BLACK african slave trade.

What was fairly unique about the New World Slave industry was basically its industrial scale, but that about it

When Charles II, the last Hapburg to rule that land was fighting the Ottoman empire, the galleys both sides used in the MED were slave powered, and neither race nor religion nor nationality made much difference to either side, either.

White Europeans were as likely to be chained in Christian ships as they were to be chained in Turkish ships and vice versa.

Slavery (of any race, any religion, any nationality) was so common back then, that trying to make it something special in the New World slavery requires that one consider something OTHER than the moral or racial implications.

All that being said, do remember this...the New world could not have been taken and settled by EUROS over had it NOT been for their BLACK african slave trade.

You may have just proven Aristotle's point.

You may have just proven Aristotle's point.

not the case in British North America

only 4% of the slaves sent to the new world went to the British colonies

WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT, A WHITE PERSON WROTE THIS.....

Undoubtedly one of these type of self-flagellating, self-hating imbeciles

apology_zps222f248f.jpg

For those of you bugging about how do you have "white privilege" This brief essay sums it up:

"white skin privilege is a transparent preference for whiteness that saturates our society. White skin privilege serves several functions. First, it provides white people with “perks” that we do not earn and that people of color do not enjoy. Second, it creates real advantages for us. White people are immune to a lot of challenges. Finally, white privilege shapes the world in which we live — the way that we navigate and interact with one another and with the world."

White Privilege: The Perks

White people receive all kinds of perks as a function of their skin privilege. Consider the following:
• When I cut my finger and go to my school or office’s first aid kit, the flesh-colored band-aid generally matches my skin tone.
• When I stay in a hotel, the complimentary shampoo generally works with the texture of my hair.
• When I run to the store to buy pantyhose at the last minute, the ‘nude’ color generally appears nude on my legs.
• When I buy hair care products in a grocery store or drug store, my shampoos and conditioners are in the aisle and section labeled ‘hair care’ and not in a separate section for ‘ethnic products.’
• I can purchase travel size bottles of my hair care products at most grocery or drug stores.

My father, who has worked in economic development for 30 years, would explain away these examples of white privilege as simple functions of supply and demand economics. White people still constitute the numerical majority in this country, so it makes sense, for example, that bandaid companies would manufacture “flesh-tone” bandages for white people.

White Privilege: The Advantages

Certainly, white privilege is not limited to perks like band aids and hair care products. The second function of white skin privilege is that it creates significant advantages for white people. There are scores of things that I, as a white person, generally do not encounter, have to deal with or even recognize. For example:
• My skin color does not work against me in terms of how people perceive my financial responsibility, style of dress, public speaking skills, or job performance.
• People do not assume that I got where I am professionally because of my race (or because of affirmative action programs).
• Store security personnel or law enforcement officers do not harass me, pull me over or follow me because of my race.

All of these things are things that I never think about. And when the tables are turned and my white skin is used against me, I am greatly offended (and indignant). The police department in my community, like so many other law enforcement agencies throughout this country, uses policing tactics that target people of color. Two years ago, I was driving down Rosa Parks Boulevard, a street that runs through an all-black and impoverished area of town, at night. I was looking for a house that I had never been to before, so I was driving slowly, stopping and moving as I searched for numbers on residences.

Out of nowhere, this large police van pulled me over, blue lights flashing and sirens blaring, and a handful of well-armed police officers jumped out of the van and surrounded my car. I did as I was told, and got out of my car. (“Hands above your head; move slowly!”) I then succumbed to a quick physical pat-down, as well as a search of my car. The officers had pulled me over -- not only because of my erratic driving -- but also, because, in the words of one officer, I was “a white woman driving down Rosa Parks after dark.” They thought I was looking to buy drugs.

White Privilege: The World View
The third thing that white privilege does is shape the way in which we view the world and the way in which the world views us. The perks and advantages described above are part of this phenomenon, but not all of it. Consider the following:
• When I am told about our national heritage or “civilization,” I am shown that people of my color made it what it is.
• Related, the schools that I attend or have attended use standard textbooks, which widely reflect people of my color and their contributions to the world.
• When I look at the national currency or see photographs of monuments on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., I see people of my race widely represented and celebrated.

White privilege is a hidden and transparent preference that is often difficult to address. Only on closer inspection do we see how it creates a sense of entitlement, generates perks and advantages for white people and elevates our status in the world."

Reference: On Racism and White Privilege | Teaching Tolerance

Shampoo and bandaids is a perk?

It figures you could not answer the question for yourself.

And I thought you were "educated".

Enslaving blacks was not some giant paradigm shift for Europeans. The vast majority of people in Europe were in a condition very near slavery under feudalism. Except for the aristocracy, an individual ‘belonged to’ some king or lord or duke. Peasants could not simply walk away from the manor and do as they please, they were chained by feudal ties.
It’s not terribly surprising that the slave trade sprouted up given what Europeans ‘discovered’ in Africa:

1) A culturally unevolved and technologically primitive people
2) A tremendous demand by Africans for European goods like clothing, firearms, and other manufactured products
3) A willingness by African kings to use people as currency to buy those things

Of course Europeans exploited Africans when the opportunity presented itself, that is how people behaved back then, because they did not regard it as an abomination as we do today. An accurate reading of history does not abide a sense of white guilt over slavery.

For those of you bugging about how do you have "white privilege" This brief essay sums it up:

"white skin privilege is a transparent preference for whiteness that saturates our society. White skin privilege serves several functions. First, it provides white people with “perks” that we do not earn and that people of color do not enjoy. Second, it creates real advantages for us. White people are immune to a lot of challenges. Finally, white privilege shapes the world in which we live — the way that we navigate and interact with one another and with the world."

White people receive all kinds of perks as a function of their skin privilege. Consider the following:
• When I cut my finger and go to my school or office’s first aid kit, the flesh-colored band-aid generally matches my skin tone.
• When I stay in a hotel, the complimentary shampoo generally works with the texture of my hair.
• When I run to the store to buy pantyhose at the last minute, the ‘nude’ color generally appears nude on my legs.
• When I buy hair care products in a grocery store or drug store, my shampoos and conditioners are in the aisle and section labeled ‘hair care’ and not in a separate section for ‘ethnic products.’
• I can purchase travel size bottles of my hair care products at most grocery or drug stores.

My father, who has worked in economic development for 30 years, would explain away these examples of white privilege as simple functions of supply and demand economics. White people still constitute the numerical majority in this country, so it makes sense, for example, that bandaid companies would manufacture “flesh-tone” bandages for white people.

Certainly, white privilege is not limited to perks like band aids and hair care products. The second function of white skin privilege is that it creates significant advantages for white people. There are scores of things that I, as a white person, generally do not encounter, have to deal with or even recognize. For example:
• My skin color does not work against me in terms of how people perceive my financial responsibility, style of dress, public speaking skills, or job performance.
• People do not assume that I got where I am professionally because of my race (or because of affirmative action programs).
• Store security personnel or law enforcement officers do not harass me, pull me over or follow me because of my race.

All of these things are things that I never think about. And when the tables are turned and my white skin is used against me, I am greatly offended (and indignant). The police department in my community, like so many other law enforcement agencies throughout this country, uses policing tactics that target people of color. Two years ago, I was driving down Rosa Parks Boulevard, a street that runs through an all-black and impoverished area of town, at night. I was looking for a house that I had never been to before, so I was driving slowly, stopping and moving as I searched for numbers on residences.

Out of nowhere, this large police van pulled me over, blue lights flashing and sirens blaring, and a handful of well-armed police officers jumped out of the van and surrounded my car. I did as I was told, and got out of my car. (“Hands above your head; move slowly!”) I then succumbed to a quick physical pat-down, as well as a search of my car. The officers had pulled me over -- not only because of my erratic driving -- but also, because, in the words of one officer, I was “a white woman driving down Rosa Parks after dark.” They thought I was looking to buy drugs.

The third thing that white privilege does is shape the way in which we view the world and the way in which the world views us. The perks and advantages described above are part of this phenomenon, but not all of it. Consider the following:
• When I am told about our national heritage or “civilization,” I am shown that people of my color made it what it is.
• Related, the schools that I attend or have attended use standard textbooks, which widely reflect people of my color and their contributions to the world.
• When I look at the national currency or see photographs of monuments on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., I see people of my race widely represented and celebrated.

White privilege is a hidden and transparent preference that is often difficult to address. Only on closer inspection do we see how it creates a sense of entitlement, generates perks and advantages for white people and elevates our status in the world."

Educated people know where to go to get information. Thought you were so educated that we would be embarrassed.

Educated people know where to go to get information. Thought you were so educated that we would be embarrassed.

Doesn't make that information accurate or honest.

Just shows that he cannot think for himself.

You think having a flesh colored band-aid is a privilege?

Less risk of getting skin cancer - Affirmative Action are both perks of being black.

Forum List

Back