Religious hatred against Bush

So you think that this whole universe thing happened by chance? :eusa_whistle:

I have no reason to think it happened by chance, God, aliens, Elvis, etc.
But... the way the universe seems to operate, along certain principals, allows for the creation of both earth and life on earth (IMO).

Now, are these principals God? Dunno. But just because the world is so complex and intricately woven that we humans are dumbstruck - is no reason to assume a heavenly father created it.

I don't recall Native Americans being forced into Christianity. Enlighten us. :eusa_whistle:

Google residential schools.

but keep in mind... we were on their turf, not the other way around. They didn't force us to stop believing in anything, in fact they allowed us to do as we pleased for the most part, resisting mainly when we violated agreements, attacked them, stole from them, killed them, etc.

I have no reason to think it happened by chance, God, aliens, Elvis, etc.
But... the way the universe seems to operate, along certain principals, allows for the creation of both earth and life on earth (IMO).

Now, are these principals God? Dunno. But just because the world is so complex and intricately woven that we humans are dumbstruck - is no reason to assume a heavenly father created it.
If it didn't happen by chance and wasn't created by God then what is your explanation? :confused:

Google residential schools.

but keep in mind... we were on their turf, not the other way around. They didn't force us to stop believing in anything, in fact they allowed us to do as we pleased for the most part, resisting mainly when we violated agreements, attacked them, stole from them, killed them, etc.

I'm not happy with a lot of what happened back then but don't start making stuff up about it unless you're prepared to document your claims.

If it's evidence you want, there's a best seller out there called, Evidence Demands A Verdict" by Josh McDowell........Now whether you've got the "cajones" to read it with an open mind, that's your call. So far, from the "bent" of your posts, I doubt you'd check it out. Your opinion seems to hold more weight than evidences.

Of course, I forgot, the author is a Christian, so that immediately flags the book with "bias" for you intellects, so might as well forget it. You wouldn't read it would you?

You'd need an atheist author to write a book on valid evidences proving the existence of God.........Oh, wait.......how can you be an atheist and give evidences that God exists...............?

Quite a quandary huh? Guess your opinion about God will have to be your measure of reality.:cuckoo: Enjoy your self-made world of reality, and captainship.:razz:

Great, you've included my rebuttals, arguments and course of action. What do you need me for? Why not use my log in and post for me?

As a semi-atheist, I welcome ANY AND ALL evidence for anything. Proove God exists, please! I'd love to have the comfort of knowing there was a divine hand at work, I'm not wishing there is no god... I just have no reason (yet) to believe there is one or many.

I'm not happy with a lot of what happened back then but don't start making stuff up about it unless you're prepared to document your claims.

Call me on any specific argument. I'll happily quote a source or admit I was mistaken. I'm not here to bullshit anyone, if I typed it it's because I read it or learned it somewhere. Honestly.

Call me on any specific argument. I'll happily quote a source or admit I was mistaken. I'm not here to bullshit anyone, if I typed it it's because I read it or learned it somewhere. Honestly.
Great. I'm interested to know how the white man forced the native Americans into Christianity. If they did, then I'd be enlightened (like they were ;) ). If not, then, you'd be the one who is enlightened.

If it didn't happen by chance and wasn't created by God then what is your explanation? :confused:

It may have happened by chance. It may be god's work. My personal explanation is more on the science side, I don't think there was any guiding hand, most of the universe is barren (from what I've read). I think I miss spoke earlier - chance is sort of close to what I believe, but chance with guiding laws of gravity/magnetism/speed/time/etc. So chance, but with conditions.

Great. I'm interested to know how the white man forced the native Americans into Christianity. If they did, then I'd be enlightened (like they were ;) ). If not, then, you'd be the one who is enlightened.

One of us will be the wiser. Perfect. If it's me, I'm better for it.
As I said google residential schools, that is the most readily accessible example off the top of my head. It was also language forced on them, and they were forced to change their names.

I can only speak of my experience of growing up (until I was nine - and my family moved to Los Angeles) on a Pawnee Tribe of Oklahoma reservation. Granted - it was in the thirties, but many an Indian kid had the crap kicked out of him for not reciting Bible passages in school. But that didn’t really happen - cause nobody documented the occurrence.

It may have happened by chance. It may be god's work. My personal explanation is more on the science side, I don't think there was any guiding hand, most of the universe is barren (from what I've read). I think I miss spoke earlier - chance is sort of close to what I believe, but chance with guiding laws of gravity/magnetism/speed/time/etc. So chance, but with conditions.
Who wrote the laws? Did they happen by chance as well?

One of us will be the wiser. Perfect. If it's me, I'm better for it.
As I said google residential schools, that is the most readily accessible example off the top of my head. It was also language forced on them, and they were forced to change their names.
You were the one who made the claim, so the burden of proof is yours. I'm not arguing that they may have been required to go to school (all Americans are).

Who wrote the laws? Did they happen by chance as well?

We only call them laws, it helps our rudimentary ganglia make sense of the small percent of the universe we can understand.

But, I think all those 'laws' are based on chemical reactions, why do chemicals react the way they do? No idea. Why are there forces, quarks, matter - why is there anything at all? who knows? Everyone has an idea, but we're probably years and years away from a concrete understanding. It seems you can believe in god and every scientific fact as well, all science can do is affirm god's existence someday (if he does exist) it cannot contradict his existence (if he/she is real).

Face it. While the white settlers did not necessarily force the Indians to convert, they put pressure on them to join the white people or get out of the way and move further to the west. I like the old erroneous notion that Columbus “discovered” America. I wish I could walk across the street and “discover” a new home today – a big one with 5 bedrooms.

The white people traded with the Indians. They took their land and gave them diseases in exchange.

Anyway, the topic being forced conversion – consider the Spanish Inquisition and Salem Witch Trials.

We only call them laws, it helps our rudimentary ganglia make sense of the small percent of the universe we can understand.

But, I think all those 'laws' are based on chemical reactions, why do chemicals react the way they do? No idea. Why are there forces, quarks, matter - why is there anything at all? who knows? Everyone has an idea, but we're probably years and years away from a concrete understanding. It seems you can believe in god and every scientific fact as well, all science can do is affirm god's existence someday (if he does exist) it cannot contradict his existence (if he/she is real).

Raeaction, forces, do you think these all happen by chance? What is the scientific probability of that?

Face it. While the white settlers did not necessarily force the Indians to convert, they put pressure on them to join the white people or get out of the way and move further to the west. I like the old erroneous notion that Columbus “discovered” America. I wish I could walk across the street and “discover” a new home today – a big one with 5 bedrooms.

The white people traded with the Indians. They took their land and gave them diseases in exchange.

Anyway, the topic being forced conversion – consider the Spanish Inquisition and Salem Witch Trials.

I think many of the problems were due to tribes that raided white settlements and committed barbarous acts, which in turn created the hatred and attitudes in the whites. If these tribes had had better leadership, they would have seen the settlement of the white man as a positive thing.

The Inqusition was part of a centuries long war with the Muslims who invaded Europe, a war that is still going on, although Liberals specifically and most people in general don't understand. It was the Muslims who forced conversion upon the Christians, and some Christians returned the favor.

Forum List

Back