Religious Right Wing Bigots Still Obsessing About Marriage-Get a Life!

Stating that the institution of marriage is based on gender roles, does not require that anyone married, rigidly adheres to said roles.

THat was shit you just made up, because you don't have a real rebuttal.

You said marriage should be denied to gay couples since they don't adhere to traditional genders rules, but it's okay when straight couples don't follow those rules b/c they suddenly become outdated and harsh when applied to you. You want it both ways like all whinging hypocrites. I have a better idea, why don't you stop fussing about the marriages of others and mind your own damn business?

Marriage isn't beng denied to homosexuals, and never has been, in actuality.

James I and VI was as queer as 3 pound bill, yet got hitched -TO A BROAD. James was the absolute monarch of Great Britain, and the head of the established church at the time. He has the ABSOLUTE RIGHT to get gay married to whomever he chose, if he thought it was something he wanted to do.
Thats a failed argument. Its kindergarden-eqsue, even. Marriage was being denied based on the sex of the applicants, derp....the argument that "its the same rules for everyone" misses the entire debate to begin with. Thats why the Courts dont take that dumbfuck argument into consideration, because theyre educated.

That same retarded legal reasoning was used and subsequently laughed out of court over sixty years ago in Loving v. Virginia. This whole 'gays were never denied marriage b/c King James' is a rather new one, though. :lol:

To equivalate the idea of 2 dudes pretending to get married with a couple who happens to be of different ethnicities is sort of a stretch.

Gay Marriage, in actuality, is a whole new institution.

History teaches us that Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the Garden- it was NOT- regardless of any liberal assertions- Adam and Steve.
looooo0o0ol "history" teaches the story of adam and eve

:lol: :lol:

You said marriage should be denied to gay couples since they don't adhere to traditional genders rules, but it's okay when straight couples don't follow those rules b/c they suddenly become outdated and harsh when applied to you. You want it both ways like all whinging hypocrites. I have a better idea, why don't you stop fussing about the marriages of others and mind your own damn business?

James I and VI was as queer as 3 pound bill, yet got hitched -TO A BROAD. James was the absolute monarch of Great Britain, and the head of the established church at the time. He has the ABSOLUTE RIGHT to get gay married to whomever he chose, if he thought it was something he wanted to do.
Thats a failed argument. Its kindergarden-eqsue, even. Marriage was being denied based on the sex of the applicants, derp....the argument that "its the same rules for everyone" misses the entire debate to begin with. Thats why the Courts dont take that dumbfuck argument into consideration, because theyre educated.

That same retarded legal reasoning was used and subsequently laughed out of court over sixty years ago in Loving v. Virginia. This whole 'gays were never denied marriage b/c King James' is a rather new one, though. :lol:

To equivalate the idea of 2 dudes pretending to get married with a couple who happens to be of different ethnicities is sort of a stretch.

History teaches us that Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the Garden- it was NOT- regardless of any liberal assertions- Adam and Steve.

History sure the hell doesn't say anything about Steve taking it in the caboose as libs contend.

History sure the hell doesn't say anything about Steve taking it in the caboose as libs contend.
We dont care what the bible says, numbnut.

Then, what is your source for your historical claim that Almighty God put Adam and Steve into the garden?

The bible is one of the most popular source books for history during the era in question

Then, what is your source for your historical claim that Almighty God put Adam and Steve into the garden?

The bible is one of the most popular source books for history during the era in question
I didnt make that claim.

On a scale of 1 to 1...how stupid are you, exactly? :eek:

Stating that the institution of marriage is based on gender roles, does not require that anyone married, rigidly adheres to said roles.

THat was shit you just made up, because you don't have a real rebuttal.

And yet the same argument used then were used again just recently. Both failed miserably. Too bad for you.

I didnt make that claim.

Then, what is your justification for Gay Marriage? If Adam and Steve weren't in the Gardem. where were they? Highway rest stops and bus stations bathrooms weren't invented in antiquity.

I didnt make that claim.

Then, what is your justification for Gay Marriage? If Adam and Steve weren't in the Gardem. where were they? Highway rest stops and bus stations bathrooms weren't invented in antiquity.
Marriage, gay or straight, isnt based on the story of adam and eve you fucking weirdo

I really have to wonder about people who devote their so called lives to trying to deny others what they can take for granted- Specifically marriage. Meet Brian Brown of the National Organization for (Straight ) Marriage who is obsessing about Mayor Pete Buttigieg and who thinks that he can get marriage equality reversed:

Mayor Pete’s Marriage is Bogus and the Trumpified SCOTUS Will Agree, Says Brian Brown | Right Wing Watch

You would have thought that the NOM would have closed up shop after they, and other such organizations got slapped down with the Obergefell decision. But, they are still here. I guess that you have to give them credit for perseverance. Or, is it a religious psychosis manifested by obsessive compulsive focus on other people's marriages. ? Lets see what he has to say:

In a Friday afternoon fundraising email from the National Organization for Marriage, Brown slammed Buttigieg’s marriage as illegitimate: “Mr. Buttigieg may consider himself married to another man, but that relationship is not marriage, and no judicial decree or political act can ever make it so.”

So Brian, suck it up and shut up.....and work on your own life while you're at it .

An OP should be 3-4 paragraphs, link and content.
Edited

• Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.
USMB Rules and Guidelines

TheProgressivePatriot
So you think everyone should just dump their religion and support gay marriage?

Do you expect the same of Muslims?
I think it's utter hypocrisy when you attack Christians who keep their beliefs to themselves yet you support Muslims who hang gays in their countries.

The same folks that demand you meet the biblical standard for marriage sure are as silent as the grave about the biblical standards for ending one.

Yea Liberals believe in fake science like the earth is round.........

Yep, you do. Democrats promote the fake science that homos are normal and there are 37 genders and transgenders are normal. You are no different than Nazis promoting Aryan human science.

Oh, and by the way: The earth is not round you fucking idiot. The Earth is an irregularly shaped ellipsoid.

LOLLL. God you're stupid!
Yes, we do recognize that sexuality is not cut and dry

I really have to wonder about people who devote their so called lives to trying to deny others what they can take for granted- Specifically marriage. Meet Brian Brown of the National Organization for (Straight ) Marriage who is obsessing about Mayor Pete Buttigieg and who thinks that he can get marriage equality reversed:

Mayor Pete’s Marriage is Bogus and the Trumpified SCOTUS Will Agree, Says Brian Brown | Right Wing Watch

You would have thought that the NOM would have closed up shop after they, and other such organizations got slapped down with the Obergefell decision. But, they are still here. I guess that you have to give them credit for perseverance. Or, is it a religious psychosis manifested by obsessive compulsive focus on other people's marriages. ? Lets see what he has to say:

In a Friday afternoon fundraising email from the National Organization for Marriage, Brown slammed Buttigieg’s marriage as illegitimate: “Mr. Buttigieg may consider himself married to another man, but that relationship is not marriage, and no judicial decree or political act can ever make it so.”

So Brian, suck it up and shut up.....and work on your own life while you're at it .

Edited

• Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.

TheProgressivePatriot

I think it's utter hypocrisy when you attack Christians who keep their beliefs to themselves yet you support Muslims who hang gays in their countries.
You can believe anything you want
You can hate anyone you want

You just can’t force the government to do the same

I didnt make that claim.

I didn't know Adam and Ever were married. I thought they just frolicked around in some garden, naked and fornicating.

I didnt make that claim.

I didn't know Adam and Ever were married. I thought they just frolicked around in some garden, naked and fornicating.

The historical record clearly states that Eve was Adam's legal Old Lady, Genesis 2:25 refer to her as his "wife".

Apparently you went to government school and weren't taught this part of history

I didnt make that claim.

The historical record clearly states that Eve was Adam's legal Old Lady, Genesis 2:25 refer to her as his "wife".

Apparently you went to government school and weren't taught this part of history
Who married them? Did they get married before or after they had all those incest children?

I didnt make that claim.

Who married them? Did they get married before or after they had all those incest children?

Almighty God married the two of them.

Since they were already married in Genesis 2, they didn't have their children until afterwards

but but but but gender roles

thats a whine

but but tradition...

thats a whine

but but but call it something different...

thats a whine

When youre so focused on what 2 other adults are doing in their lives and their households, you have a glaring problem in your OWN.

Marriage is whatever the fuck the married couple wants it to be...to THEM. You insane busy body control freaks can trip over your dicks and pretend its not some faux post hoc argument to satisfy that o.c.d....

but grown folks dont need to sit in the pocket and argue with such transparent and needless whining.

Youre an eyeroll, and America always phases out bigotry over time. Buhhhh bye, America's the best

The thread was started by your buddy progressive.

Have you dropped your line of argument that the gender roles are arbitrary? Which, btw, was ALL YOU HAD.

All I see above are unsupported assertions, and personal attacks.

This is where, if you were an honest person, you would admit that, yes, going to the courts was a bad idea. The rulings in our favor were bad rulings.
If you were an honest person, you would admit that this gender role thing is complete bullshit and a thinly vailed excuse to try to exclude gays from marriage. You would also admit that the only reason why you think taking it to court was a bad idea is because you don't like the outcome. Going to court was the necessary and appropriate thing to do under the circumstances. It is how our system of law and justice works, The case for same sex marriage was made and it was heard. End of stort.

If the gender role thing is complete bullshit, it is funny that you are utterly unable to challenge it.

Your buddy is trying at least. NOt going so well for him. (still kudos to him for trying. he is way ahead of the norm lib curve. As you are demonstrating)

You can drop all the spin style shit. It does not impress me, and to really make it work, you need a braying mob of mindless jackasses echoing it.
Unable to challenge it? There is nothing to challenge, . It is not an argument at all . This is what it is:

Non sequitur (Latin for "it does not follow"), in formal logic, is an argument in which its conclusion does not follow from its premises.[1] In a non sequitur, the conclusion could be either true or false, but the argument is fallacious because there is a disconnection between the premise and the conclusion. All invalid arguments are special cases of non sequitur. The term has special applicability in law, having a formal legal definition.

You do not have a clue as to how to construct an argument.

We agreed that the basis for considering Gay Marriage to be a Civil Rights issue, was that the requirement of one man, one woman was an arbitrary restriction.

i pointed out, correctly that those requirements are NOT arbitrary, but instead based on traditional gender roles.

GT, has moved on to the next step in your argument, ie that gender roles are arbitrary. A doomed argument, but he is at least trying.

You have collapsed into unsupported assertions and personal attacks.

Oh, and the idea that pointing out that the supposedly "arbitrary" restriction was based on traditional gender roles, that have been the basis of our societies, for at least, thousands of years,

was a "Non sequitur" is a fucking joke. Pathetic.

Like I said, such obvious bullshit, only works, when you control the medium, and thought massive dishonestly can create the illusion that the bullshit is credible.

Here, with just the three of us, such tactics don't work. YOu actually have to make an argument.

AND YOU CAN'T.
I am not the one who has to make an argument. You do. You are the one who made the absurd assertion that same sex marriage should not happen because "men and women are different' and that men and women have different gender rolls, arbitrary or not. I not even going to quibble about what those rolls are or whether or not it matters if people adhere to "traditional rolls"

You are absolutely engaging in a Non sequitur fallacy !

.Premis: Men and women are different in terms of gender rolls- Conclusion: Same sex marriage is wrong. There is nothing to connect the two. You have not shown that two people of the same sex cannot function as a family unity. You have not shown that because of their "rolls" or what ever other dung that you can throw at the wall, that they cannot have love and full fill all of the pragmatic and emotional aspects of a marriage. You have nothing

I will also point out that of all the ridiculous arguments against same sex marriage that were put out there my the bigots in the past , none of them were stupid enough to try this one. You should be proud

Last edited:
I didnt make that claim.

Almighty God married the two of them.

Since they were already married in Genesis 2, they didn't have their children until afterwards
So they had their incest children after god married them but fornicated before marriage.

Edited

TheProgressivePatriot

OH really?
Why can people be put out of business because of their beliefs?

Edited

TheProgressivePatriot

OH really?
Why can people be put out of business because of their beliefs?
Because of their beliefs?? Really.? They can be put out of business for their BEHAVIOR. Now back to the topic. Same sex marriage

Forum List

Back