remember when Abu Ghraib wasnt a scandal?

Plasmaball

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2010
Because I do. I remember being told it was nothing and no torture had happened. That there was no scandal at all.

And yet here we have bengazi...a relative non-story that the right has decided to make waves about. Of course it wasnt a scandal the 50 times it happened under bush either.

So I guess you have to ask why the right is so into this story? Well its not the actual story that the outrage is about for most anti-dem peeps.
Its more like regardless of the issue they will find something to complain about. Christmas trees, vacations, speeches, political moves ( which are more understandable than the rest).

This is what happens when the core is reduced to whining children. Dont worry folks, we saw the same thing under bush as well. Regardless of what that man did there was a core of loud people who didnt like anything he did.

Mostly these people get attention because it creates drama, while the rest of america doesnt give a royal shit. When you constantly bow to the lowest forms within your party, it will hurt your party. There is legitimate issues with obama. Yet those tend to get drowned out by supermarket tabloid rag type stories.

So when you sit there and blow off real issues like torture nobody will take you seriously. Hell for sake of argument lets pretend it wasnt torture. We claim to be a more civil nation and what those people did should be at the very least embarrassing for everyone. Even though it wasnt. So like I said when you complain about bengazi, you really have no leg to stand on.

Because I do. I remember being told it was nothing and no torture had happened. That there was no scandal at all.

And yet here we have bengazi...a relative non-story that the right has decided to make waves about. Of course it wasnt a scandal the 50 times it happened under bush either.

So I guess you have to ask why the right is so into this story? Well its not the actual story that the outrage is about for most anti-dem peeps.
Its more like regardless of the issue they will find something to complain about. Christmas trees, vacations, speeches, political moves ( which are more understandable than the rest).

This is what happens when the core is reduced to whining children. Dont worry folks, we saw the same thing under bush as well. Regardless of what that man did there was a core of loud people who didnt like anything he did.

Mostly these people get attention because it creates drama, while the rest of america doesnt give a royal shit. When you constantly bow to the lowest forms within your party, it will hurt your party. There is legitimate issues with obama. Yet those tend to get drowned out by supermarket tabloid rag type stories.

So when you sit there and blow off real issues like torture nobody will take you seriously. Hell for sake of argument lets pretend it wasnt torture. We claim to be a more civil nation and what those people did should be at the very least embarrassing for everyone. Even though it wasnt. So like I said when you complain about bengazi, you really have no leg to stand on.

"Hello, Kettle? Yeah this is Pot. Guess what? You're black!"

I can't remember the name of the American Ambassador who died there along with three other Americans.

Maybe you can refresh my memory?

Sorry, but the conservative movements attempt to use Benghazi as proof that Obama is a foreign policy failure just isn't working. Not enough people buy into it. People who already are against Obama are convinced, but that's not cutting it. You need converts, and your side has failed to create many with the constant Benhgazi ranting. Most people saw it as an attack on the US, not a scandal of the Democratic Party. Nice try though.

The right used to have the better reputation with the voters on foreign policy, but they lost it in the failed Iraq War. The Benghazi attack isn't going to restore that reputation. The right's reputation on foreign policy is in tatters, probably forever, and you only have yourselves to blame for it.

Yup. I do remember when the left would look at a scandal and call it for what it is. Now we have the left (by virtue of having their guy behind the scenes) taking every scandal and saying that it is a ‘non-issue’ or ‘non story.’

Interesting that you even managed this asinine partisan hackery in the very OP that I suppose was intended to be against such hackery.

Yup. I do remember when the left would look at a scandal and call it for what it is. Now we have the left (by virtue of having their guy behind the scenes) taking every scandal and saying that it is a ‘non-issue’ or ‘non story.’

Interesting that you even managed this asinine partisan hackery in the very OP that I suppose was intended to be against such hackery.

Benghazi was an attack on the American people, not a scandal of the Democratic Party. Abu Graib and the entire Iraq War was an assault on the Iraqi people by the Republican Party of the USA.

I kind of remember that those involved with however it's spelled we're court marshaled for embarrassing prisoners, the prison was shut down and everybody under the sun called it torture. I even had a professor compare a drawing of Spanish conquesidors skinning, torturing and boiling Native Americans alive to the Americans who had prisoners wear their underwear on their heads.

Now that was a scandal boy, let me tell you.

This Benghazi thing is nothing compared to that.

Abu Ghraib was a scandal and was corrected.......then Obama pulls out early and the torture continues....

Amnesty's Middle East and North Africa director, Malcolm Smart went on to say: "Iraq's security forces have been responsible for systematically violating detainees' rights and they have been permitted. US authorities, whose own record on detainees' rights has been so poor, have now handed over thousands of people detained by US forces to face this catalogue of illegality, violence and abuse, abdicating any responsibility for their human rights."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse

Benghazi is also a huge scandal.....but Obama and the LSM just ignore it....

Last edited:

Benghazi was an attack on the American people, not a scandal of the Democratic Party. Abu Graib and the entire Iraq War was an assault on the Iraqi people by the Republican Party of the USA.

bullshit...abu graib was a republican attack, neither was iraq, it was both dems and pubs you ignorant ass

No, I don't remember that. What I remember is that the New York Times had a front page article on Abu Ghraib 3 to 4 times every week. It was also the lead story on every network news show every day for weeks.

bullshit...abu graib was a republican attack, neither was iraq, it was both dems and pubs you ignorant ass

Sure, there a a few foolsih Dems whose supported the Iraq War. But they changed their mind once it became obvious that the Bush WH wasn't up to the task of waging the war successfully. So as far as I'm concernced, those Dems are off the hook for the mistake of the Iraq War, and it became entirely the fault of the GOP by 2006.

Sure, there a a few foolsih Dems whose supported the Iraq War. But they changed their mind once it became obvious that the Bush WH wasn't up to the task of waging the war successfully. So as far as I'm concernced, those Dems are off the hook for the mistake of the Iraq War, and it became entirely the fault of the GOP by 2006.

your opinion is not reality, no matter how much you wish it to be.

Reality is that the GOP's reputation for competent foreign and military policy got killed in their failed Iraq War, and the last two Presidential elections went to the Democrats because most voters don't trust the GOP with Presidential power. Dumbya's tooting around in a Ford truck doesn't change that at all.

It's scary. They actually live among us, breed and vote......

When will we see some action against those who killed an American Ambassador?

We saw court martials come out of Abu Graib.... We've been waiting a year now.....

Reality is that the GOP's reputation for competent foreign and military policy got killed in their failed Iraq War, and the last two Presidential elections went to the Democrats because most voters don't trust the GOP with Presidential power. Dumbya's tooting around in a Ford truck doesn't change that at all.

nope, had nothing to do with gop presidential power, if that were the case, obama would have won by much larger margins

so what happened when W won twice, what did that say about the american people?

And by the way, Obamas foreign policy just got bitchslapped by Assad and Putin......

What should Obama have done instead?

I f he had stopped to think instead of wanting to immediately attack then maybe he would have come up with a similar plan. or at least a glimmer of an Idea. Especially after he decided it was a bad idea to attack and tried to lay it off on congress instead of taking it on himself to back up his mouth.

IF

Forum List

Back