remember when Abu Ghraib wasnt a scandal?

I can't remember the name of the American Ambassador who died there along with three other Americans.

Maybe you can refresh my memory?

Ah excuses....got to love them. You cant even admit it was embarrassing.

Can you remember the people who died in the 50 or so attacks under bush?
I didn't think so

Last edited:
Because I do. I remember being told it was nothing and no torture had happened. That there was no scandal at all.

And yet here we have bengazi...a relative non-story that the right has decided to make waves about. Of course it wasnt a scandal the 50 times it happened under bush either.

So I guess you have to ask why the right is so into this story? Well its not the actual story that the outrage is about for most anti-dem peeps.
Its more like regardless of the issue they will find something to complain about. Christmas trees, vacations, speeches, political moves ( which are more understandable than the rest).

This is what happens when the core is reduced to whining children. Dont worry folks, we saw the same thing under bush as well. Regardless of what that man did there was a core of loud people who didnt like anything he did.

Mostly these people get attention because it creates drama, while the rest of america doesnt give a royal shit. When you constantly bow to the lowest forms within your party, it will hurt your party. There is legitimate issues with obama. Yet those tend to get drowned out by supermarket tabloid rag type stories.

So when you sit there and blow off real issues like torture nobody will take you seriously. Hell for sake of argument lets pretend it wasnt torture. We claim to be a more civil nation and what those people did should be at the very least embarrassing for everyone. Even though it wasnt. So like I said when you complain about bengazi, you really have no leg to stand on.

"Hello, Kettle? Yeah this is Pot. Guess what? You're black!"

Figures you would say something stupid. I give a rather even handed post and you go full retard.

Because I do. I remember being told it was nothing and no torture had happened. That there was no scandal at all.

And yet here we have bengazi...a relative non-story that the right has decided to make waves about. Of course it wasnt a scandal the 50 times it happened under bush either.

So I guess you have to ask why the right is so into this story? Well its not the actual story that the outrage is about for most anti-dem peeps.
Its more like regardless of the issue they will find something to complain about. Christmas trees, vacations, speeches, political moves ( which are more understandable than the rest).

This is what happens when the core is reduced to whining children. Dont worry folks, we saw the same thing under bush as well. Regardless of what that man did there was a core of loud people who didnt like anything he did.

Mostly these people get attention because it creates drama, while the rest of america doesnt give a royal shit. When you constantly bow to the lowest forms within your party, it will hurt your party. There is legitimate issues with obama. Yet those tend to get drowned out by supermarket tabloid rag type stories.

So when you sit there and blow off real issues like torture nobody will take you seriously. Hell for sake of argument lets pretend it wasnt torture. We claim to be a more civil nation and what those people did should be at the very least embarrassing for everyone. Even though it wasnt. So like I said when you complain about bengazi, you really have no leg to stand on.

Yup. I do remember when the left would look at a scandal and call it for what it is. Now we have the left (by virtue of having their guy behind the scenes) taking every scandal and saying that it is a ‘non-issue’ or ‘non story.’

Interesting that you even managed this asinine partisan hackery in the very OP that I suppose was intended to be against such hackery.

No I didnt. I just didnt bother writing out what I feel are real scandals under obama.

Yup. I do remember when the left would look at a scandal and call it for what it is. Now we have the left (by virtue of having their guy behind the scenes) taking every scandal and saying that it is a ‘non-issue’ or ‘non story.’

Interesting that you even managed this asinine partisan hackery in the very OP that I suppose was intended to be against such hackery.

Benghazi was an attack on the American people, not a scandal of the Democratic Party. Abu Graib and the entire Iraq War was an assault on the Iraqi people by the Republican Party of the USA.

bullshit...abu graib was a republican attack, neither was iraq, it was both dems and pubs you ignorant ass

Well sort of. No the Republicans didnt attack at abu. They just downplayed it a lot, while the dems went after them. Iraqi I agree.

Benghazi was an attack on the American people, not a scandal of the Democratic Party. Abu Graib and the entire Iraq War was an assault on the Iraqi people by the Republican Party of the USA.
Does it require a lot of effort to be this stupid?

No, I don't remember that. What I remember is that the New York Times had a front page article on Abu Ghraib 3 to 4 times every week. It was also the lead story on every network news show every day for weeks.

And we had people on the right claiming it was nothing.
You stating it was on the news and in the paper does not refute my comment.

It's scary. They actually live among us, breed and vote......

When will we see some action against those who killed an American Ambassador?

We saw court martials come out of Abu Graib.... We've been waiting a year now.....

Guess you gotta come up with something actionable to begin with.

Get real.
That attack happened because America interfered in so many wars and installed so many puppet dictators.
It was always going to happen and will happen again.

America installed their man in Egypt and, when the people revolted, it tried to keep an extremist group in government.
When America realised it couldn't control the Muslim brotherhood (after they allowed Iranian ships into Syria), the US government set up a "Not a coup" and put the army in power.

Benghazi happened because American foreign policy endangers all of you in order to support Israel.
If you don't want more, dump the Israeli lobby from American politics and arrest all the corrupt politicians.
Start with Bush and Obama.
The former killed countless when he attacked Iran on behalf of Israel; the latter has proven little better as far as corruption goes but he's too incompetent to start a war.

Want to stop Americans being attacked? stop your corrupt, Israeli funded politicians.

And by the way, Obamas foreign policy just got bitchslapped by Assad and Putin......

What should Obama have done instead?

I f he had stopped to think instead of wanting to immediately attack then maybe he would have come up with a similar plan. or at least a glimmer of an Idea. Especially after he decided it was a bad idea to attack and tried to lay it off on congress instead of taking it on himself to back up his mouth.

IF

He never should have said the red line remark. That was a mistake. He never should have called for the bombing of Iran. That was a mistake.

But he handled a bad situation as well as could be expected, especially since Americans were totally against doing anything.

Most Americans support the result even if the path to it was not well handled.

Anyway, if McCain or Mitt were President, we'd be at war with Syria and Iran by now, and you know it.

What should Obama have done instead?

I f he had stopped to think instead of wanting to immediately attack then maybe he would have come up with a similar plan. or at least a glimmer of an Idea. Especially after he decided it was a bad idea to attack and tried to lay it off on congress instead of taking it on himself to back up his mouth.

IF

He never should have said the red line remark. That was a mistake. He never should have called for the bombing of Iran. That was a mistake.

But he handled a bad situation as well as could be expected, especially since Americans were totally against doing anything.

Most Americans support the result even if the path to it was not well handled.

Anyway, if McCain or Mitt were President, we'd be at war with Syria and Iran by now, and you know it.

Actually we don't know it and never will. We've got what we've got, and need to make the most of it...And the most I can see is hopefully something better in 2016... Like an administration that will not drive a wedge deeper and deeper into an already divided country......

No, I don't remember that. What I remember is that the New York Times had a front page article on Abu Ghraib 3 to 4 times every week. It was also the lead story on every network news show every day for weeks.

And we had people on the right claiming it was nothing.
You stating it was on the news and in the paper does not refute my comment.

liar

prove it or stfu

Forum List

Back