Remember when the left cried and whined about the Patriot act under Bush

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
But is silent under Obama who is doing the EXACT same thing if not worse .. Why the double standard Lefties ?

I remember the accusations of him snooping at our phone records and library cards and now, not a peep. Hypocrites.

Actually, I've been complaining about that for the last few years.

Perhaps it's just that you guys haven't been paying attention.

I remember the right saying if you have nothing to hide then why worry and now you all are running around like your head was cut off.

Funny how you think he is doing it worse. He isnt but dont let your partisan get in the way.

The other funny thing is Romney would have done the exact same thing here.

To be fair, a lot of people on the right supported that DUMMY Booosh and his rape of the Constitution.

I remember the right saying if you have nothing to hide then why worry and now you all are running around like your head was cut off.

Funny how you think he is doing it worse. He isnt but dont let your partisan get in the way.

Obama has been "worse" than Bush.

That's just the way things go.

Bush pushed the envelope when it came to Executive power - and Obama has pushed it even more. Obama has kept all the power that Bush took for himself as President, and he's pushed it even more.

Just like the next President will do.

Remember when the right creamed themselves over the Patriot Act but just NOW decides to cry and whine about it? Hypocrisy my ass :cool:

But no I'm not happy about it under Obama either. At least he didn't create a ridiculously large new Department that would cost taxpayers millions and not do a fucking thing.

Remember when the left cried and whined about the Patriot act under Bush
No, not really....But I do remember not hearing a peep out of them about the 98-1 vote originally authorizing it, nor when the democratics and their Dear Leader re-authorized it when they had all the stroke....Then there's the roaring silence from them over NDAA.

The police state serves them well when it's their turn to get their grimy mitts on its reins...They are in fact part of the problem.

Last edited:
One would assume after all the ranting about the intrusions resulting from the Patriot Act, constitutional rights,.etc.., the Messiah would have shut this down, but not now, why, I thought the threat of terrorism, and the war on terrorism was over? I guess he hasn't read about it in the paper yet.

There are still people who defend the patriot act.

I agree with Doc, once you open the door, presidents are going to continue to push. It's disgusting, and I'd honestly hoped in 08 that Obama would get rid of it... *shrug*

Obama has been "worse" than Bush.

That's just the way things go.

Bush pushed the envelope when it came to Executive power - and Obama has pushed it even more. Obama has kept all the power that Bush took for himself as President, and he's pushed it even more.

Just like the next President will do.

We actually agree on something.

There are still people who defend the patriot act.

I agree with Doc, once you open the door, presidents are going to continue to push. It's disgusting, and I'd honestly hoped in 08 that Obama would get rid of it... *shrug*

Power is a commodity in Washington.

No one ever gives it up willingly.

Pubs block cuts in the Patriot Act and then complain about it (like Gitmo and others). Do the dupes even know WHY the AP and Jensen things happened? Was it Bachman leaking classified stuff that gets people killed? I'm guessing NO ONE knows about this one, but I'm willing to wait, unlike our hysterical BS RW propaganda arm AND the ratings/ controversy mad, cowardly corporate media...

I actually thiought obama was going to get rid of it.

the way liberals were standing next to me bitching about it, I was certain whee he ran with the promise it was good as gone when he got elected, it wouldn't last a year.

but he put his name on it

And I actually expected outrage, and was stunned to hear nothing.

that's when I learned that liberals actually care less the reps.

Apparently the whining and crying was because the left didn't have control of the Patriot Act and couldn't use it to get revenge on political enemies.

Something else I remember....

The same people poo-poo-ing the possibility that the very things that are going on right now would inevitably happen, when someone who has even lower standards than the Chimpola regime (which were horribly low enough) would eventually get its power in their hands, schreeching to high heaven about how how "they never meant for USAPATRIOT Act to be used like this".

The party man hackery would be astonishing, were it not so predictable.

Forum List

Back