Remember When Voter Suppression Was a Bad Thing?

Let’s have States make
Then you have no issue of elimination of all Democrats from the ballot.
Depends, what's the reason?
Will of the people. Republican Governor = No Democrats on the ballot.
Not quite the same thing there Jethro.

Show the Federal Law requiring Candidates to show their tax returns?

You just wrote state rights and now say it is not the same if they leave your candidate off.
I think pretty much everyone would agree with my statement. Almost every candidate for any office reveals their tax returns, it's not like this is some unprecedented, out of the blue kinda thing.

If every other candidate jumped in the lake, that doesn't mean Trump has to.

Let’s have States make
Then you have no issue of elimination of all Democrats from the ballot.

You just wrote state rights and now say it is not the same if they leave your candidate off.
I think pretty much everyone would agree with my statement. Almost every candidate for any office reveals their tax returns, it's not like this is some unprecedented, out of the blue kinda thing.

You do realize it has only been done for only forty years and only if the Candidate wanted to!

So as you say it is required the fact is it was never part of the process to be President and the left is only doing thos to keep a Candidate off the ballot they fear...

So care to explain why the IRS did not bust Trump all these years?

Simple, he has not broken any laws and it is not required by the Constitution to show your Tax Returns.

Pass the Amendment if you want to make that part of the requirement and if not you have shown you do not care about winning fairly!

It is not required by Federal Law, so you do know this stunt is just nonsense!
States rights baby!

Fine, then a State has thr right to leave your candidate off the ballot.

Just remember that and I bet you will claim it is racist and unfair if it is a black or Hispanic candidate...
Race is protected, tax returns are not.

Try again.

You seeing anyone tax returns is an invasion of the person privacy.

So try again!

Remember you wrote States Rights, so you are for States Rights only if you agree with them!

Hypocrite!

You afraid Trump will win?

Also the USSC will boot that law...
How can you type crap like that and then accused me of hypocrisy?

Almost every candidate for anything shows their tax returns.

Show me the Federal Law requiring the candidates for Presidency to show their Tax returns?

Show me in the Constitution?

You act like this has been a requirement since the founding of this country but it has not!

You fear of losing again so you have States wanting to pass Unconstitutional laws to do away with the Electoral College and other States Passing laws about showing Tax Returns which will be tossed by the USSC!

if every other candidate wants to come across as honest trump can't

keeping Trump off of the ballet is 100% voter suppression for his supporters

He can be on the ballot if he releases his tax returns, like any other candidate. Since every other candidate has done this voluntarily for the last 40 years, this is not an undue or unfair burden on Trump.

You don't understand the law.
President Trump doesn't have to show his tax returns to run for president.
Well there's a law now, what's a tax cheat to do?
it will not survive the courts
Sure it will, the states have the exclusive right to run their elections. Something the red states absolutely count on to actually suppress voters.

They have the right to conduct their elections--not make requirements for a President to be on the ticket.

Was that supposed to be clever or something???

You know why he does not show his returns?

Because you want to see them!

Simple as that!

If for a moment there was something there Obama and Clinton would have had it leaked, so let cut the nonsense!

you're hilarious.

There was no rule that stated candidates had to be white, there was no rule candidates had to show tax returns.

The lack of knowledge of the posters here......

Wait, wait... do you not understand what a norm is? How do you, like... live?

When there is a common standard everybody understands, even if it's not physically written down, that's a social norm, a standard, a rule. Every candidate for the last 40 years released tax returns. Releasing tax returns was politically expected of every political candidate. To obnoxiously quote marriam-webster, this makes releasing tax returns "an accepted procedure, custom, or habit." Or to obnoxiously quote Odford, it was " A principle that operates within a particular sphere of knowledge, describing or prescribing what is possible or allowable."

And thank goodness it's returning. Transparency is good. So codifying it into law is good.

you're hilarious.

There was no rule that stated candidates had to be white, there was no rule candidates had to show tax returns.

When there is a common standard everybody understands, even if it's not physically written down, that's a social norm, a standard, a rule. Every candidate for the last 40 years released tax returns. Releasing tax returns was politically expected of every political candidate. To obnoxiously quote marriam-webster, this makes releasing tax returns "an accepted procedure, custom, or habit." Or to obnoxiously quote Odford, it was " A principle that operates within a particular sphere of knowledge, describing or prescribing what is possible or allowable."

And thank goodness it's returning. Transparency is good. So codifying it into law is good.

It is not Federally Required!

Until then it is meaningless and just nonsense by the left that will be booted by the USSC.

Run a candidate that can win the Electoral College and stop stacking the deck in your favor!

you're hilarious.

Well why don't you tell that to Harry Reid? he broke the rule when he lied about Romney's tax returns and latter said he was glad he did it....

He can be on the ballot if he releases his tax returns, like any other candidate. Since every other candidate has done this voluntarily for the last 40 years, this is not an undue or unfair burden on Trump.

It is not required by Federal Law, so you do know this stunt is just nonsense!
States rights baby!

Fine, then a State has thr right to leave your candidate off the ballot.

Just remember that and I bet you will claim it is racist and unfair if it is a black or Hispanic candidate...
Race is protected, tax returns are not.

Try again.
Trump's tax returns are protected by his 4th Amendment rights.
Fourth Amendment. Amendment IV The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects.
And?

Well why don't you tell that to Harry Reid? he broke the rule when he lied about Romney's tax returns and latter said he was glad he did it....

Blatantly lying on the senate floor is unfortunately very normal in Washington. Reps in both chambers are actually constitutionally guaranteed protections beyond normal 1st amendment protections in the chambers.

You know why he does not show his returns?

Because you want to see them!

Simple as that!

If for a moment there was something there Obama and Clinton would have had it leaked, so let cut the nonsense!
Bullshit!!!!!!

But then you know that already, you're just being a good little tRumpkin and defending your Orange goD.

Blatantly lying on the senate floor is unfortunately very normal in Washington. Reps in both chambers are actually constitutionally guaranteed protections beyond normal 1st amendment protections in the chambers.

you are avoiding my retort, why?

its the same thing with Harry Reid going beyond what you call "Social norms" when he used the Nuclear option, what he really didn't think it would not come back to haunt the Democrats?

you are avoiding my retort, why?

its the same thing with Harry Reid going beyond what you call "Social norms" when he used the Nuclear option, what he really didn't think it would not come back to haunt the Democrats?

I'm not avoiding your retort.

Claim:

It's against norms to lie about tax returns on the senate floor.

Response:

Actually, lying on the senate floor is sadly done regularly and constitutionally protected.

It follows.

And yeah, Reid absolutely violated social norms when he used the Nuclear option. And it absolutely bit us in the ass. He traded short term gain for long term pain- a dumb move. And as you can see the nuclear option has been done and can't be undone- because his actions changed the informal rules!

Let me get this straight and, maybe I’m fueling this “suppression”. If someone doesn’t have a identification card or a voter card. They should have the right to vote. Ok so how do we Stop them from doubling up? If you are a volunteer at a voting box and you going to remember those people’s names and faces? No you are not!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you're hilarious.

What is with you people anyhow? You cannot make laws against the US Constitution. You cannot add or subtract from the Constitution without an amendment process.

you're hilarious.

It is not Federally Required!

Until then it is meaningless and just nonsense by the left that will be booted by the USSC.

Run a candidate that can win the Electoral College and stop stacking the deck in your favor!
you cutting voting days voting hours voting machines is in our favor ??

you're hilarious.

morals ,standards, n norms oh my
are they kidding?
i think Carl, Fred and Julio left them at targets .I'd Check the ladies room first

skelotim-tim-o-applies-fast-food-makeup.png

I hear the lights are better in the womens john ,ya know ....for when a girl just has to fix her make up

I stand in solidarity pro nouns

Forum List

Back