Remember when we were told we would NEVER send US troops to fight the Ukraine war?

I may be wrong, but the troops cant even go into Ukraine. This operation is almost a decade old, and only includes NATO countries.

Hey, where's all the Democrats in this thread to defend Ole Joe?

As I said a few days ago, his approval rating is headed for the low 30s. Upper 20s is not out of the question.

What is there to defend? He is allowing 3000 reservist to be called up to serve some time in Europe. It will not change the end strength there so they will either be replacing a unit that is rotating out or more than likely filling in while units are off to training exercises.

I may be wrong, but the troops cant even go into Ukraine. This operation is almost a decade old, and only includes NATO countries.

Correct, this is much ado about nothing. But so are most panic threads on here

[ It is part of NATO, and so far no NATO forces have entered into battle with Russia ]

Operation Atlantic Resolve began in 2014 in response to the Russian annexation of Ukraine’s Crimean peninsula and it “provides rotational deployments of combat-credible forces to Europe to show our commitment to NATO while building readiness, increasing interoperability, and enhancing the bonds between ally and partner militaries,” per U.S. Army Europe and Africa’s website.

"The designation of OAR as a contingency operation is an important demonstration of the U.S. commitment to our NATO Allies and partners," U.S. European Command Spokesperson U.S. Navy Capt. Bill Speaks said in a statement. "It further provides US EUCOM with greater flexibility to support continued U.S. and Allied commitments to the defense of the Euro-Atlantic and allows us to provide key entitlements to the forces who support those commitments."

The operation will now be designated as a “contingency operation,” Joint Staff Director for Operations Lt. Gen. Douglas A. Sims told reporters on Thursday. “This new designation benefits troops and families with increases in authorities, entitlements, and access to the reserve component forces and personnel based on the level of presence and operations in the US EUCOM area of operation.”

The President does not have the authority to deploy troops for these reasons. Congress needed to approve that deployment, but as I said, Congress has been ignoring their duty here.

Young people today seem okay with war. If there was a draft they would be protesting in the streets.

It is quite unlikely that these servicemen will go to Ukraine any time soon, to say nothing about fighting.

But since 2015 there was a training program in Ukraine when American military instructors, as well as Canadian and British ones, took part in training courses for Ukrainian servicemen. It may well be that this practice will be resumed after the active fighting is cooled down.

The President does not have the authority to deploy troops for these reasons. Congress needed to approve that deployment, but as I said, Congress has been ignoring their duty here.

Bullshit. Congress does not need to approve normal troop deployments.

We told you that was BS and here is the proof. Wake up, the Party Of War has gaslighted you again.

There's a lot of Europe that is not in Ukraine, you know.

To clarify again for you morons, in his EO, Biden cited a code that he said authorizes him to send reserves to Ukraine. I posted that code. It does not.

Forum List

Back