Remembering USS Liberty: When Israel attacked America

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
Israel, so called only friend in the ME cares only for herself and killed Americans to conceal her pre-emptive strike on the Arabs...

To this day, America is reeling from terrorist attacks on our shores because of the AIPAC pressure to support this fascist state that cares not about America as it continues to ignite fires in the ME to keep her stolen lands...

Remembering USS Liberty When Israel attacked America - Al Jazeera English

Thirty-four died and over 170 were injured in Israeli attack on US warship during 1967 Arab-Israeli Six-Day War.

09 Jun 2015 00:59 GMT | Israel, US, Middle East, History

• facebook.png
  • twitter.png
  • Email.png
  • Print.png
  • SendFeedback.png
665003303001_4284023965001_video-still-for-video-4284216540001.jpg

About the Author
Alan Fisher

@alanfisher

Richard Brooks still remembers when the alert came.

With klaxons sounding and people yelling, the tannoy system warned everyone "Standby to receive torpedo hit".

"I thought I’ll never get out of this mess alive. Weird things were running through your minds, because I’d chalked myself off."

He felt the torpedoes hit and the ship pitch to one side but realised he was still alive.

And then the priority became survival. As chief engineer, he could tell the engines were still working. “My machinery was still intact and I was still making headway. I yelled through the voice tube ‘Give me all the steam pressure you’ve got, let’s get the hell out of this area’".

Eventually his ship, The USS Liberty made its way to safer waters and managed to take stock of the sustained attack. Thirty-four were lying dead, more than 171 were injured.

The victims of the day Israel attacked America.

The Liberty had been sitting in international waters off the Sinai Peninsula. A spy ship, it had been gathering information as the 1967 Arab-Israeli Six-Day War raged on land.

'Mistaken identity'

During the course of the day, the ship had been buzzed by Israeli aircraft. But flying the American flag, there was no cause for panic, no need for alarm.

“People were sunbathing, enjoying the June sunshine,” said Brooks, who was more concerned with keeping the engines running. The demands of the job perhaps saved his life.

665003303001_3872353267001_video-still-for-video-3867231736001.jpg

Al Jazeera investigates the truth behind the attack on USS Liberty
Israel insisted it was a case of mistaken identity. It alleged that pilots were exhausted having fought so hard over the previous days. The US naval vessel was thought to be an Egyptian warship.

And that’s why it was attacked with rockets and cannons and missiles and torpedoes.

But Brooks doesn’t buy the Israeli apology. Standing next to the graves of his shipmates in Arlington National Cemetery he tells me “It wasn’t a tragic accident, It was a deliberate attack. They knew who we were. They tried to sink us. They wanted us out to either bring the Americans into the war by blaming the Arabs or we picked up some information about their war plans”.

Shocking. THe man that lost friends to a mistake is angry about it.

1967?

If you have to reach that far and that hard to slam an ally, that's a powerful testimony to how good of an ally they are.

1967?

If you have to reach that far and that hard to slam an ally, that's a powerful testimony to how good of an ally they are.
It was NO mistake!!!!

Why are you bringing up this long-ago event now? Just because you hate Jews? How will it solve the Mideast crisis? What about the thousands upon thousands of Americans killed by Arabs?

1967?

It was NO mistake!!!!

Why are you bringing up this long-ago event now? Just because you hate Jews? How will it solve the Mideast crisis? What about the thousands upon thousands of Americans killed by Arabs?
More dual citizen crocodile tears, American Veterans brought it up, take it up with your AIPAC handlers!

Israel, so called only friend in the ME cares only for herself and killed Americans to conceal her pre-emptive strike on the Arabs...

To this day, America is reeling from terrorist attacks on our shores because of the AIPAC pressure to support this fascist state that cares not about America as it continues to ignite fires in the ME to keep her stolen lands...

Thirty-four died and over 170 were injured in Israeli attack on US warship during 1967 Arab-Israeli Six-Day War.

• facebook.png
  • twitter.png
  • Email.png
  • Print.png
  • SendFeedback.png

About the Author
Alan Fisher

@alanfisher

With klaxons sounding and people yelling, the tannoy system warned everyone "Standby to receive torpedo hit".

"I thought I’ll never get out of this mess alive. Weird things were running through your minds, because I’d chalked myself off."

He felt the torpedoes hit and the ship pitch to one side but realised he was still alive.

And then the priority became survival. As chief engineer, he could tell the engines were still working. “My machinery was still intact and I was still making headway. I yelled through the voice tube ‘Give me all the steam pressure you’ve got, let’s get the hell out of this area’".

Eventually his ship, The USS Liberty made its way to safer waters and managed to take stock of the sustained attack. Thirty-four were lying dead, more than 171 were injured.

The Liberty had been sitting in international waters off the Sinai Peninsula. A spy ship, it had been gathering information as the 1967 Arab-Israeli Six-Day War raged on land.

'Mistaken identity'

During the course of the day, the ship had been buzzed by Israeli aircraft. But flying the American flag, there was no cause for panic, no need for alarm.

“People were sunbathing, enjoying the June sunshine,” said Brooks, who was more concerned with keeping the engines running. The demands of the job perhaps saved his life.

Israel insisted it was a case of mistaken identity. It alleged that pilots were exhausted having fought so hard over the previous days. The US naval vessel was thought to be an Egyptian warship.

And that’s why it was attacked with rockets and cannons and missiles and torpedoes.

But Brooks doesn’t buy the Israeli apology. Standing next to the graves of his shipmates in Arlington National Cemetery he tells me “It wasn’t a tragic accident, It was a deliberate attack. They knew who we were. They tried to sink us. They wanted us out to either bring the Americans into the war by blaming the Arabs or we picked up some information about their war plans”.

Your only interest in this unfortunate incident is that you can use it every 3 months to RACIALLY attack the Jews. If it had been the arab muslims that fired on the vessel you would be demanding it be forgotten about as it happened nearly half a century ago.

How about 9/11 will you bring that up as often as you bring up this incident ? Or how about Fort Hood ?

1967?

It was NO mistake!!!!

More dual citizen crocodile tears, American Veterans brought it up, take it up with your AIPAC handlers!

1967?

It was NO mistake!!!!

I don't cry "crocodile tears". I agonize over every American soldier killed by Arabs. How many Arab soldiers are in the current American army, like that 20-year-old Jewish soldier killed in that train accident recently? Why do I only see crosses and stars of David in Arlington National Cemetary, but no crescents?

1967?

It wasn't a mistake.

• facebook.png
  • twitter.png
  • Email.png
  • Print.png
  • SendFeedback.png

About the Author
Alan Fisher

@alanfisher

'Mistaken identity'

Your only interest in this unfortunate incident is that you can use it every 3 months to RACIALLY attack the Jews. If it had been the arab muslims that fired on the vessel you would be demanding it be forgotten about as it happened nearly half a century ago.

How about 9/11 will you bring that up as often as you bring up this incident ? Or how about Fort Hood ?

Had it been a Muslim country, the U.S. would wreaked havoc on the most convenient Muslim country to attack, would have occupied it and would have set off internal strife in said country that would last decades and killed hundreds of thousands of people.

• facebook.png
  • twitter.png
  • Email.png
  • Print.png
  • SendFeedback.png

About the Author
Alan Fisher

@alanfisher

'Mistaken identity'

Had it been an Muslim country, the U.S. would wreaked havoc on the most convenient Muslim country to attack.

Maybe because Muslim countries have done it so often, and not once in a century in a desperate six-day war against 3 countries, when American vessels shouldn't have been in a war zone in the first place.

If it had been the arab muslims that fired on the vessel

It was Israel's idea to blame Arabs - but they got busted.
Red, white and Blue with a star of David.
America is Israel's bitch.

1967?

It was NO mistake!!!!

1967?

It was NO mistake!!!!

I don't cry "crocodile tears". I agonize over every American soldier killed by Arabs. How many Arab soldiers are in the current American army, like that 20-year-old Jewish soldier killed in that train accident recently? Why do I only see crosses and stars of David in Arlington National Cemetary, but no crescents?
You're not agonizing bot Americans killed by Israel, very telling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back