Renaming Austin Texas for Political Correctness

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Austin Considering Name Change Due to Slaveholding Past

Austin’s Equity Office suggested that the Texas capital change its entire name in addition to removing statues and street signs in honor of Confederate soldiers.

One of the many similarities between our dangerous Left Wing Wackos and the Taliban is their quest to erase history. So maybe Austin should have a contest to rename itself, like Talistin or Obamastan or Hillaryville or Kookastan or Libnuttown or …

Austin’s Equity Office suggested that the Texas capital change its entire name in addition to removing statues and street signs in honor of Confederate soldiers.

One of the many similarities between our dangerous Left Wing Wackos and the Taliban is their quest to erase history. So maybe Austin should have a contest to rename itself, like Talistin or Obamastan or Hillaryville or Kookastan or Libnuttown or …
/----/ When democRATs can't or won't address real issues that people care about, they resort to changing street names and tearing down statutes. Then they declare victory.

I think its hilarious that they have an equity office.

This is why you don't vote for Democrats, people.

Also, vet the local politicians hard. See what they're about.

I know it's a PITA, but it has to be done.

I bet you didn't know there's a global initiative by the UN to place a local politician

in your area that will do their bidding, it's called ICLEI.

Third thread on this
Seems like the self-proclaimed conservatives and other assorted members of the rightwing are TRIGGERED!!!!

tenor.gif

Love how a bunch of butthurt rubes that have never been to Austin are crying about people in a city thinking of changing the name of their city.

Different things are admired in different ages and times. Change occurs. Language is a living thing.

Different things are admired in different ages and times. Change occurs. Language is a living thing.
Really? Name one other city that has thought about changing their name for political correctness.
Will you be okay? :itsok:
I see you can't answer the question.
I’m going to say... maybe? I just can’t build up enough butthurt to check. A very stupid question. :itsok:

Forum List

Back