Rep. Louie Gohmert announces he's running for Texas Attorney General

excerpts:

The congressman announced earlier this month that he was exploring a late entry, basing his decision on whether he could raise $1 million in 10 days. He said on Monday that he’d reached that goal.

“A priority will be election integrity so that every legal vote counts. Though our current AG has had two terms — it seems he really started working harder after so many of his most honorable and very top people in the AG’s office left, complaining of criminal conduct. If you allow me, I will not wait to be my busiest until after some bad press about legal improprieties. I’ll start boldly protecting your rights on day one,” Gohmert said, listing priorities like “unconstitutional mandates,” “parental consent,” immigration at the southern border and voting laws.

Gohmert, one of the most far-right Republicans in the state’s congressional delegation, will also be up against Land Commissioner George P. Bush, former Texas Supreme Court Justice Eva Guzman and state Rep. Matt Krause for the Republican nomination next year.

Between the Biden administration and the Mexican cartels, he will have his hands full as AG. There's a shitload of federal blunders to undo.

you gotta love it. his district will miss him. he won by like 60 points every time

Hard to believe there are people that stupid.

60% huh? Retards.

June 9 2021
Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, suggested at a congressional hearing that climate change could be combatted by altering the orbit of the moon and asked a U.S. Forest Service official whether there was any way the agency could do it.

"I was informed by the immediate past director of NASA that they've found that the moon's orbit is changing slightly and so is the Earth's orbit around the sun. We know there's been significant solar flare activity," he said. "And so, is there anything that the National Forest Service or BLM can do to change the course of the moon's orbit or the Earth's orbit around the sun? Obviously, that would have profound effects on our climate."

Forum List

Back