Rep. Louie Gohmert Laments That Republicans Can't Lie To Congress Or FBI

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Louie Gohmert (R-TX) just reacted to Trump Advisor Peter Navarro’s indictment: “If you're a Republican, you can't even lie to Congress or lie to an FBI agent or they're coming after you!”

Gohmert, a former lawyer and judge, said that Navarro was the victim of “a two-tiered justice system.”

He said he was especially angered that Navarro’s indictment came in the same week that a jury acquitted Michael Sussman, a lawyer for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign, of charges that he had lied to the FBI.

Louie Gohmert (R-TX) just reacted to Trump Advisor Peter Navarro’s indictment: “If you're a Republican, you can't even lie to Congress or lie to an FBI agent or they're coming after you!”

Gohmert, a former lawyer and judge, said that Navarro was the victim of “a two-tiered justice system.”

He said he was especially angered that Navarro’s indictment came in the same week that a jury acquitted Michael Sussman, a lawyer for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign, of charges that he had lied to the FBI.

That is funny. Sussman probably paid a fortune in legal fees to fight and win that decision in court. To me, it says Gohmert would like the privilege of lying at will, without facing the legal bills of defending, when charged, win or lose. If it comes up, hopefully he will decide to take the cheap way out and just tell the truth.

That is funny. Sussman probably paid a fortune in legal fees to fight and win that decision in court. To me, it says Gohmert would like the privilege of lying at will, without facing the legal bills of defending, when charged, win or lose. If it comes up, hopefully he will decide to take the cheap way out and just tell the truth.
I'm sorry, are you suggesting that a UNANIMOUS decision by a jury in less than six hours to acquit has to do with some extraordinary capability of a defense counsel, and not by the inherent weakness of the prosecutor's case?

I also want to point out the insane analogy that Gohmert made both on accuracy. (Sussman was charged, same as Navarro, only he was acquitted. So how do you draw the conclusion that Democrats are subject to a different set of rules than Republicans? Navarro's verdict isn't even judged on) And in general stupidity. Both lying to the FBI and to congress are crimes.

Democrat Motto:
Laws for thee but not for me.

Democrat Motto:
Laws for thee but not for me.
Again, Sussman was indicted just like Navarro was. He was aquited by a jury of his peers who voted unanimously to acquit. It took them only six hours to do so.

Why is it that beyond reasonable doubt is a concept Republicans only understand when it is in their favor?

Again, Sussman was indicted just like Navarro was. He was aquited by a jury of his peers who voted unanimously to acquit. It took them only six hours to do so. Why is it that beyond reasonable doubt is a concept Republicans only understand when it is in their favor?
The DC jury was made up of mostly democrat donors who ignored the law.

Again, Sussman was indicted just like Navarro was. He was aquited by a jury of his peers who voted unanimously to acquit. It took them only six hours to do so.

Why is it that beyond reasonable doubt is a concept Republicans only understand when it is in their favor?

1. Only a Democrat sheep can consider a Hillary-friendly judge and 4 Hillary supporters on the jury to be a 'fair trial', especially when the lead juror says, 'From the very start we never thought this case should be tried'.

2. 'Reasonable Doubt'

1654341518376.png

Sussmann admitted he lied, that he was working for Hillary

His text, the one the pro-Hillary judge threw out for obvious reasons, showed he admitted to working for Hillary

His own billing records showed he was working for Hillary on the exact day, the exact hour, he met with FNI lawyer Baker he billed Hillary for his services

His billing records show he charged Hillary for the 2 thumb drives he gave to FBI Lawyer Baker.

The FBI said they knew he was working for Hillary

The FBI had already warned Obama that Hillary was going to do this.

Hillary's own campaign manager testified he was sent to the FBI by Hillary

Were you dropped on your head as a small child, are you naturally stupid, or is it that you are just dishonest as hell, like the Democrats you defend?

1. Only a Democrat sheep can consider a Hillary-friendly judge and 4 Hillary supporters on the jury to be a 'fair trial', especially when the lead juror says, 'From the very start we never thought this case should be tried'.

2. 'Reasonable Doubt'

View attachment 653802

Sussmann admitted he lied, that he was working for Hillary

His text, the one the pro-Hillary judge threw out for obvious reasons, showed he admitted to working for Hillary

His own billing records showed he was working for Hillary on the exact day, the exact hour, he met with FNI lawyer Baker he billed Hillary for his services

His billing records show he charged Hillary for the 2 thumb drives he gave to FBI Lawyer Baker.

The FBI said they knew he was working for Hillary

The FBI had already warned Obama that Hillary was going to do this.

Hillary's own campaign manager testified he was sent to the FBI by Hillary

Were you dropped on your head as a small child, are you naturally stupid, or is it that you are just dishonest as hell, like the Democrats you defend?
If we lie to the FBI they will put us in prison........high profile politicians..........not so much.

They prove it more and more each day.........the people are watching......and eventually the people will have a breaking point. They need to remember that as they raise their glasses saying Cheers we fucked the system ........yeah. Karma will come a calling one day. Sooner the better.

If we lie to the FBI they will put us in prison........high profile politicians..........not so much.

They prove it more and more each day.........the people are watching......and eventually the people will have a breaking point. They need to remember that as they raise their glasses saying Cheers we fucked the system ........yeah. Karma will come a calling one day. Sooner the better.

We can only hope

The DC jury was made up of mostly democrat donors who ignored the law.
Says ONLY Republicans. It was UNANIMOUS 12 people got together and all decided the same thing.

When Rittenhouse was aquited you had no problem understanding that. And he went to a town shot 3 people the first one armed with nothing more than a paper bag. I didn't like that verdict since it seems to me that the concept that someone can deliberately put themselves into a position both armed and into a potential lethal situation and yet claim self-defence seems completely bonkers. Yet the moment the verdict happened I accepted it as bad law but law nonetheless.

You on the other hand can't fathom that a statement made to an FBI agent who didn't take contemporary notes over 6 years ago, with a very dubious rational, and questionable materiality. Doesn't make for a particularly strong case in order to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he in fact did lie.

Yes he was. Unless you feel anybody who's a registered voter is ineligible to be a juror?

So you don't see the difference between a registered voters and a Hillary supporter / donor?

Bwuhahaha

So you don't see the difference between a registered voters and a Hillary supporter / donor?

Bwuhahaha
No I don't. You can donate to politicians. I wish you couldn't.

I'll put it like this. We both are active on this forum. This means we both are politically engaged. Does that mean we are incapable of judging fairly in a trail that has political implications?

I know I'm not. I'm perfectly capable of judging a case on the facts presented to me. What about you?

If it was SO outrageous that Sussman was acquitted, and the jury was full of Clinton supporters/donors.

Why didn't Durham, object to them being a juror?

Is John Durham part of the "deep state" now?

No I don't. You can donate to politicians. I wish you couldn't.

I'll put it like this. We both are active on this forum. This means we both are politically engaged. Does that mean we are incapable of judging fairly in a trail that has political implications?

I know I'm not. I'm perfectly capable of judging a case on the facts presented to me. What about you?
Sorry, after decades of watching Hillary and the corrupt, criminal, seditious Drmocrats work you know when things are not right.

I am also intelligent enough to know when a Clinton supporter on a jury says 'we believed from the start this case should not have been tried' the jury was biased from the beginning and this was a fixed trial from tge beginning.

You can tell yourself this was a fair, legitimate trial, but don't try to peddle 'stupid' and 'Truth Commission' crap to me.

If it was SO outrageous that Sussman was acquitted, and the jury was full of Clinton supporters/donors.

Why didn't Durham, object to them being a juror?

Is John Durham part of the "deep state" now?
Once again another snowflake pops up like a prairie dog to display their ignorance....

You obviously do not know a prosecutor abd defender only have a limited number of jury challenges...and trying to find a non-partisan juror in the DC liberal swamp is like trying to find a 5-leaf clover.

Forum List

Back