Reparations - Some specifics

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

This is pretty interesting, a piece that gets very specific on slavery reparations:

Slavery reparations are workable and affordable - Vox

I've often wondered, "so what, exactly, do you want"?, and he answers that: $1.38 trillion, paid at $55 billion per month for 25 months. He essentially is saying we should take the money now being used on quantitative easing and re-direct it to blacks. Okay. Now we finally have something to chew on.

I would actually consider such a plan, WITH the following stipulations:

• End Affirmative Action 12 months into the payoff
  • No more screaming "racism" at every fucking opportunity from the Left
  • No more racial politics or PC or any of that crap EVER, from Day One
  • No more race-based preferences on anything, from mortgages to colleges
  • We are all AMERICANS from Day One
Sure would beat the destructive, skin-color based bullshit we're getting from the Left right now.

No more excuses.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

This is pretty interesting, a piece that gets very specific on slavery reparations:

I've often wondered, "so what, exactly, do you want"?, and he answers that: $1.38 trillion, paid at $55 billion per month for 25 months. He essentially is saying we should take the money now being used on quantitative easing and re-direct it to blacks. Okay. Now we finally have something to chew on.

Didn't you read? From the end of the article:

Could you really rectify centuries of racial injustice this easily?

Sadly, no. Even if the racial gap in median wealth were eliminated, it would still be the case that there's a substantial racial gap in median income. Lurking behind that gap is a gap in educational attainment. Unless those were rectified, the racial wealth gap would reemerge over time.

Beyond that, equalizing financial wealth would hardly level the overall playing field. Formally discriminatory public policies are a thing of the past, and public discourse is increasingly intolerant of blatant displays of racism but many studies show African-Americans are disadvantaged by widespread (and often unconscious) biases in a range of contexts.

White "people" are such rabid racists that even nearly $1.4 trillion in slavery reparations wouldn't be able to fix the problems the Euroscum and their descendants constantly perpetuate whether they go. The very existence of white "people" is in itself an act of racism and oppression. So long as white "people" continue to exist nearby, African-Americans will never be free from white supremacist doctrines and policies.

The crazy thing about it is, you'll probably view your own hatred destroying the meaning of that $1.4 trillion as being the fault of African-Americans rather than your own bigoted "race".

Sure would beat the destructive, skin-color based bullshit we're getting from the Left right now.

No more excuses.

Thoughts?

Would put the likes of Sharpton and Jackson out of business. They would have none of it.

White "people" are such rabid racists that even nearly $1.4 trillion in slavery reparations wouldn't be able to fix the problems the Euroscum and their descendants constantly perpetuate whether they go. The very existence of white "people" is in itself an act of racism and oppression. So long as white "people" continue to exist nearby, African-Americans will never be free from white supremacist doctrines and policies.

The crazy thing about it is, you'll probably view your own hatred destroying the meaning of that $1.4 trillion as being the fault of African-Americans rather than your own bigoted "race".

This is great stuff right here.

And you speak of the hatred of others.

Once again, it's good to see the Left more emboldened to say what they're really thinking.

So reparations wouldn't even be good enough. Would you prefer that all white people were simply eliminated in this country?

Once again, it's good to see the Left more emboldened to say what they're really thinking.

So reparations wouldn't even be good enough. Would you prefer that all white people were simply eliminated in this country?

Only the racists ones. They should be rounded up and shot. Other whites seem to be able to get along fine. Especially white women.

So we buy the blacks off.
Pay them in hush money...

Maybe not such a bad idea..
But how do we enforce it.

If we pay the blacks off then we set a precedent.
Then every ethnic group will come out demanding the same.

Could women be eligible for reparations?? Our ancestors didn't get paid for their labor, their husbands could legally beat them, they weren't allowed to own property or vote, etc. I've know we've come a long way, but I'm sure some would be willing to focus on the negative historical aspects for a buck or three.:eusa_whistle:

Sadly, no. Even if the racial gap in median wealth were eliminated, it would still be the case that there's a substantial racial gap in median income. Lurking behind that gap is a gap in educational attainment. Unless those were rectified, the racial wealth gap would reemerge over time.

Beyond that, equalizing financial wealth would hardly level the overall playing field. Formally discriminatory public policies are a thing of the past, and public discourse is increasingly intolerant of blatant displays of racism but many studies show African-Americans are disadvantaged by widespread (and often unconscious) biases in a range of contexts.

It's not racism, it's me-ism.
ALL people see things primarily from their own point of view.

Well, that's a big question, I can't imagine it would change much.

Animosities and divisions would certainly increase, but the Left is obviously fine with that. This is all about politics, not race, anyway.

And as Helena points out above, the race pimps would be put out of business, and they're not gonna let that stand.

Plus, there will be millions of blacks who would be, appropriately, embarrassed and insulted by this whole thing.

Yeah, still some kinks to work out, but at least we have some numbers now.

Last edited:

No more excuses.

Thoughts?

How about reparations for all those white people and their families who died freeing the slaves? Reparations is a stupid idea. No one alive today had slaves. The VAST majority of people alive today are not slave holding families.

Why should WE be held responsible for crimes that OUR families did not engage in? Why should we be impoverished? If you want reparations you go after the wealthy families who employed slaves and you sue them in court.

Leave the rest of us out of your pernicious dealings....

So....how close is "nearby"? Seems to me that what you are advocating is we buy out all the blacks and send them back to Africa the land of their birth. Is that what you are advocating?

Sounds reasonable, were can I sign up for such a conscience salving yet affordable way to mend racial disparity? Can I use Pay Pal or VISA? How much is it a month? And what is it based on/ what if I am 50% white, or a recent immigrant? Is it prorated, what about recent immigrants that are half European? Can I see the whole package here before I sign up,exclusions and all?

Could women be eligible for reparations?? Our ancestors didn't get paid for their labor, their husbands could legally beat them, they weren't allowed to own property or vote, etc. I've know we've come a long way, but I'm sure some would be willing to focus on the negative historical aspects for a buck or three.:eusa_whistle:

You win. I'm ready to make you an offer.:D

At least your not full of hate.

Only the racists ones. They should be rounded up and shot. Other whites seem to be able to get along fine. Especially white women.

Well if it ever came to that you'd have plenty of experienced shooters to carry out the mission. And it's nice to know there is a purpose to all the thousands of black on black shooting deaths each year. It' just target practice, getting ready for the big payback day. Thanks for enlightening us.

"We"? There is no "we". The fact is that a VERY small percentage of the population controls the nations significant wealth and is in a position to "pay off" anyone. And to that small percentage, the rest of the population, no matter what race they happen to be a part of, are all pretty much viewed as being of the same class.

If reparations were paid (which they will not be) the vast majority of white Americans would not recognize any noticeable financial loss, the only "loss" would be psychological, simply based on the belief by many that blacks in America need only to wake up up in the morning, put out a hand, and are magically given everything from free housing to cell phones at the expense of some imaginary white "collective" that in their minds are being taken advantage of by blacks.

I wish that I had known 50 years ago that this was all that I had to do survive.
I certainly would not have wasted years attending school, working two jobs as a young married man, and slowly but surely earning my way to independence.

There will not be any reparations paid to "the blacks", and as far as the blacks who believe that they will, they are delusional, and are wasting productive time and energy even dignifying such an impossible event with a passing thought, and even worse, they have obviously forgotten or are unaware of how the history of their presence in America began.

As far as the whites who are concerned about it....equally delusional, the whole subject is nothing more than a wedge issue. Certain blacks talk about the subject and on cue, it whips a segment of the white population into a frenzy that believe in the myth of the "black bogeyman".

We may as well be discussing the last sighting of the "Tooth Fairy".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back