Republican Anti-Trumper's are not Conservatives

Zander

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2009
Los Angeles CA
"Republicans" opposing Trump are not, as they claim, conservatives. They are advocates of big, massive government, endless foreign wars, corporate welfare for favored industries, and tax breaks for Wall Street. They've destroyed our manufacturing industries and exported our jobs. We have a bread and circuses economy. They are not conservatives- they are neoconservative trash.

Real conservatives are for low taxes, small government, no foreign wars, and states rights. Exactly what Trump is advocating.

"Republicans" opposing Trump are not, as they claim, conservatives. They are advocates of big, massive government, endless foreign wars, corporate welfare for favored industries, and tax breaks for Wall Street. They've destroyed our manufacturing industries and exported our jobs. We have a bread and circuses economy. They are not conservatives- they are neoconservative trash.

Real conservatives are for low taxes, small government, no foreign wars, and states rights. Exactly what Trump is advocating.
In a Facebook post, Bush announced that he could not in good conscience vote for Donald Trump, saying Trump has not demonstrated the “temperament or strength of character” needed to lead the United States. In doing so, Bush became the latest member of his family to publicly refuse to back the real estate magnate.

II agree with you on the GOP establishment but I have neither seen nor heard Trump make a general advocacy of states' rights. He does advocate Real Politick and lower taxes but smaller government I's not so sure of.

Then there is no such thing as a ‘conservative,’ ‘real’ or otherwise.

Because all we’ve seen from the right is advocacy for bigger government, and more government interfering in citizens’ lives.

Conservatives advocating for government to compel a woman to give birth against her will.

Conservatives advocating for government to prohibit gay Americans from accessing marriage law they’re eligible to participate in.

Conservatives advocating for more government and bigger government with regard to voter ‘ID’ laws.

Conservatives advocating for more and bigger government to drug test public assistance applicants.

Conservatives advocating for more government and bigger government to disadvantage transgender Americans – all examples of conservative advocacy of more and bigger government at the expense of individual liberty.

Moreover, conservatism brought us two failed, illegal wars in the ME, and many conservatives today advocate for American conventional ground forces to be sent to Iraq and Syria to ‘defeat’ ISIS.

Last, conservative advocacy of “states’ rights” is yet another example of their hypocrisy, inconsistency, and ignorance – where they bemoan the Federal government ‘violating’ the rights of citizens yet take no issue with state government violating citizens’ rights; where, again, we see state government seeking to violate the privacy rights of women, the equal protection rights of gay Americans, and the protected liberty of those transgender.

Given this inconsistency, hypocrisy, and propensity for more government advocated by the right, the premise of the thread that republicans who oppose Trump are not 'real' conservatives is as idiotic as the notion of Trump becoming the republican presidential nominee.

Zander, Trump is polling behind someone who is accused of violating national security. Her defense is that she is ignorant, incompetent, probably idiotic and possibly insane. Trump ain't going to win even if every elected R in the country endorses him.

red

I am pretty much anti-Trump (although I am not a Republican) and the REASON I am generally anti-Trump is BECAUSE I am a conservative.

So your major premise and syllogism are flawed and invalid.

What a crock of shit, Z.

Your first paragraph describes the GOPe.

Your second paragraph is correct. Just because we don't support Trump does not change the fact that yes, we are conservatives.

I don't trust someone who has favored liberal positions his whole life, who is the big business that big gov't is in bed with, who suddenly changes his lifelong positions and claims to be conservative because he decides he wants to be potus.

He wants my vote? He needs to earn it. He needs to decide what his positions are and to stop talking out of both sides of his mouth, tone down the bullhorn speak, and to stop being a petulant, whiny, narcissistic blowhard.

Or they just think Trump is a charlatan...

Good grief.

I am pretty much anti-Trump (although I am not a Republican) and the REASON I am generally anti-Trump is BECAUSE I am a conservative.

So your major premise and syllogism are flawed and invalid.
We know that moderates, ideological and social conservatives do not support Trump.

I think those who support Trump are called wackobirds by McCain.

Forum List

Back