Republican Door Knocker; Things are not looking good for the GOP

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
This door knocker came by our neighborhood looking to solicit support for Guillespie.

I told him I was kind of burned out on the GOP brand right now, and he said he had been hearing similar feedback from people SINCE THE SENATE FAILED TO PASS OBAMACARE REPEAL LIGHT.

People seem to think that there is not a dimes worth of difference between the parties.

Wonder what makes them think that?

People seem to think that there is not a dimes worth of difference between the parties.

Not enough people have grasped the concept of "The Establishment".......not yet.

the good folks at the state level in both parties have some courage and morality, but once these creatures get inside the Beltway, they morph into Corporate Zombies.

Looks like it's time for Trump to create his own 3rd party: the people can't stand Dems any more and Reps don't seem trustworthy any more either. Something tells me Trump's party gonna be pretty popular.

Harlan K. Ullman, a shrewd American analyst, once noted that there used to be two parties in America – one had a conscience but no brains, and the other always had brains but no conscience. Now, Ullman notes, we have two completely identical parties with no brains and no conscience, and he questions the meaning of their existence.
America Forever? | OrientalReview.org

Last edited:
This door knocker came by our neighborhood looking to solicit support for Guillespie.

I told him I was kind of burned out on the GOP brand right now, and he said he had been hearing similar feedback from people SINCE THE SENATE FAILED TO PASS OBAMACARE REPEAL LIGHT.

With such a slim majority, it takes only 3 RINOs out of the 52 republicans to spoil the vote to repeal Obamacare.

Another thing that is causing problems with repealing Obamacare is that people are now of the mindset that it's government's responsibility to ensure that everyone has healthcare. If the federal government is going to run healthcare, we may as well go all in and go single payer. Otherwise, repeal Obamacare and let the free market work.

Democrats should be made to call themselves Bolsheviks.

Republicans should be made to call themselves Pussies.

The neocons are Trotsky-ites IMHO.
Oh, you mean "tough as fuck"? Any man who can get stabbed in the head with an ice pick, and live long enough to hold onto his attacker for him to be captured, is a bad ass mother fucker.

Democrats should be made to call themselves Bolsheviks.

Republicans should be made to call themselves Pussies.

The neocons are Trotsky-ites IMHO.
Oh, you mean "tough as fuck"? Any man who can get stabbed in the head with an ice pick, and live long enough to hold onto his attacker for him to be captured, is a bad ass mother fucker.

No, I said that neocons are Trotsky-ites.....do you even know what the term means?

The GOP is going to win a colossal landslide in 2018. Once Trump gets the ******* and gooks off the voting rolls, we'll be living an American wet dream

Because the average person is an idiot, easily manipulated by the MSM.

Our current problems -- all of them -- have their roots in too many people, who also least marginally support what conservatives stand for, allowing Democrats power in our government.
By sitting out the election, and not voting in the most conservative candidate, you're giving THOSE PEOPLE the opportunity to push their agenda on the rest of us.

Looks like it's time for Trump to create his own 3rd party: the people can't stand Dems any more and Reps don't seem trustworthy any more either. Something tells me Trump's party gonna be pretty popular.

Harlan K. Ullman, a shrewd American analyst, once noted that there used to be two parties in America – one had a conscience but no brains, and the other always had brains but no conscience. Now, Ullman notes, we have two completely identical parties with no brains and no conscience, and he questions the meaning of their existence.
America Forever? | OrientalReview.org

Under Ronald Reagan, the Republican Party was the party of ideas. People like Jack Kemp and Newt Gingrich as well as think tanks like Heritage came up with conservative ideas for helping people who need help. Heritage's plan to help people who cannot afford health insurance did have a few things in common with Obamacare.

Under Trump, the Republican Party has become the party with no ideas and no conscience. Their plan for health insurance is to kick people who can't afford it or have pre-existing off of their insurance and tell them to eat cake. Trump has no ideas and the Republican Party is about power and that is all. It has become exactly like the Democrat party thanks to Trump.

The GOP is going to win a colossal landslide in 2018. Once Trump gets the ******* and gooks off the voting rolls, we'll be living an American wet dream

Translation. Once he kicks people who oppose him off the voting rolls or intimidates them into not being able to do what is lawful.

Because the average person is an idiot, easily manipulated by the MSM.

Our current problems -- all of them -- have their roots in too many people, who also least marginally support what conservatives stand for, allowing Democrats power in our government.
By sitting out the election, and not voting in the most conservative candidate, you're giving THOSE PEOPLE the opportunity to push their agenda on the rest of us.

I actually voted for the most conservative candidate. I voted for neither Clinton or Trump.

well you should let them know you will do everything in your power

to get the lead out of their asses

more of these folks need to be primaried

With such a slim majority, it takes only 3 RINOs out of the 52 republicans to spoil the vote to repeal Obamacare.

Another thing that is causing problems with repealing Obamacare is that people are now of the mindset that it's government's responsibility to ensure that everyone has healthcare. If the federal government is going to run healthcare, we may as well go all in and go single payer. Otherwise, repeal Obamacare and let the free market work.
We had the free market prior to the ACA. It wasn't working. That is why no one wants to go back to it. We see all the other first world nations with universal single payer, and it is working for them.

Translation. Once he kicks people who oppose him off the voting rolls or intimidates them into not being able to do what is lawful.
Exactly. Why did you think I needed that translated? I thought it was pretty clear. #MAGA

We had the free market prior to the ACA. It wasn't working. That is why no one wants to go back to it. We see all the other first world nations with universal single payer, and it is working for them.

We had a very constrained market prior to the ACA. People should be able to pick and choose what insurance to buy like they do with car insurance.

Forum List

Back