Republican Morality

That is NOT what the minister is discussing. He is pointing out the hypocrisy of the GOP.

Try reading the article before commenting.
From a religious point of view. I don't think mixing religion and governance is a good idea.

You apparently do.

To put it another way, why would I care what a religion thinks about governance in the USA? Why would YOU care?

Why would you as a Republican care about GOP policy? I care about children.
Because I don't give a rat's ass about what a religious person thinks about policy and governance doesn't translate to my not caring about policy, Democratic or Republican.

Just so you know.

I also care about children.

Sky, if you have something to say, your best move is to say it.

No one has addressed the fact that GOP POTUS candidates have said what they've said. That's a fact. midcan infers some things about Republican morality based on statements by Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich.

That does not make midcan a dishonest person.
What makes midcan dishonest is his addiction to false premises and his lies.

Your character assassination of midcan is wrong. midcan is not lying. No one is addressing the OP concerns. All you're doing is personally attacking midcan and doing nothing to dispute the OP claims.
Yes, midcan lied several times, as pointed out to you. Midcan claims that no one has addressed his OP, yet several have.

That's a lie, a repeated lie.

And, now you are lying. I have addressed the OP and I'll do it again - the OP is based on an unsupported and false premise.

What makes midcan dishonest is his addiction to false premises and his lies.

Your character assassination of midcan is wrong. midcan is not lying. No one is addressing the OP concerns. All you're doing is personally attacking midcan and doing nothing to dispute the OP claims.
Yes, midcan lied several times, as pointed out to you. Midcan claims that no one has addressed his OP, yet several have.

And, now you are lying. I have addressed the OP and I'll do it again - the OP is based on an unsupported and false premise.

You have a bad habit of calling everyone a liar. I'm not lying. I'm telling you that I understand midcan's OP and you don't.

You haven't answered my question. Do you agree with Gingrich that child labor laws are stupid? Do you want this guy for POTUS? I don't consider eliminating child labor laws as "caring about children".

Last edited:
It's hypocrital to call yourself the party of family values and then make fiscal policies that hurt "the least of those" families.

Here is an editorial from a Christian minister.

Rev. Chuck Currie: House GOP Cuts are Theologically Immoral

more huff poo blather

They found a priest to back their nonsensical claims that crushing the value of the dollar by increasing the debt helps the poor.

utter non sense

Give a man a fish and all the jazz

You have a minister discussing whether fiscal policy as proposed by Republicans is moral or not.

He raises perfectly valid questions that must be asked given the GOP's propensity to proclaim it's the Party of God.

You have a bad habit of calling everyone a liar. I'm not lying. I'm telling you that I understand midcan's OP and you don't.

Well, when midcan says no one has addressed his OP, and several have, what midcan says is untrue. When midcan's untruth has been pointed out to him over and over and midcan repeats that untruth knowing it is untrue, I call that a lie.

You call deliberately stating something that is untrue something other than a lie.

You haven't answered my question. Do you agree with Gingrich that child labor laws are stupid?
Why are you saying I did not when that is not true?
Do you agree with Gingrich that child labor laws are "stupid".
Some are completely stupid.

Well, when midcan says no one has addressed his OP, and several have, what midcan says is untrue. When midcan's untruth has been pointed out to him over and over and midcan repeats that untruth knowing it is untrue, I call that a lie.

You call stating deliberately something that is untrue something other than a lie.

Do you agree with Gingrich that child labor laws are "stupid".

Ah, so you agree with Gingrich. I didn't see that before. I rest my case. Ten year olds working 20 hours a week is ridiculous. A good education is the documented way out of poverty. And studies are clear: The more students work, the lower their grades. Working also boosts dropout rates.

Last edited:

You call stating deliberately something that is untrue something other than a lie.

Ah, so you agree with Gingrich. I rest my case.
Do I? What case is that, Sky?

:lol:

ETA your edit after my post :lol:: "Ten year olds working 20 hours a week is ridiculous. A good education is the documented way out of poverty. And studies are clear: The more students work, the lower their grades. Working also boosts dropout rates."

Gingrich said that 10 year olds should work? Link?

Last edited:
I have addressed your OP over and over and over. You just ignore everything I say and repeat your "******" quote as if saying it repeatedly gives you more credibility.

Point to the posts where you have countered the premise that republican policies hurt the working class while helping the wealthy and corporations.

You didn't say a word about Republican policies hurting the working class. You asked why Republicans hate the poor and asked opinions on two quotes.

I explained that Republicans don't hate the poor and pointed to Republican charitable giving. I said I disagreed with the first quote and agreed with the second only partially. I did this a LONG time ago. Do you even read the responses to your own thread or just assume that everyone is going to ignore it?

You agree with Gingrich. Gingrich's view on child labor laws is immoral. Unraveling child labor laws can only lead to the kind of child victimization this country rightly ditched a century ago.

You agree with Gingrich. Gingrich's view on child labor laws is immoral. Unraveling child labor laws can only lead to the kind of child victimization this country rightly ditched a century ago.
I do agree that some child labor laws are stupid, completely stupid.

And, that makes me immoral.

Have you ever heard of hyperbole?

Stop personalizing. I didn't say you were immoral. I think your views on child labor laws (which agree with Gingrich's) are immoral. I would much rather see children work hard in the classroom and get a good education than clean the toliets.

Last edited:

Stop personalizing. I didn't say you were immoral. I think your views on child labor laws are immoral.
That's fine. I think a lot of what you believe is immoral and even amoral.

However, I find some child labor laws are completely stupid. When they ban dairy farmers from allowing their children to help, I think that is stupid. I also think it is immoral.

I find prohibition of children from earning money for an equestrian sport is stupid, too.

I find that disallowing a 17 year old who has been babysitting a family's daughter since she was 15 from doing so when that family is on vacation at the shore because it crosses state lines, is stupid. I also find it immoral because the little girl prefers that 17 year old.

Yup, that surely reflects immorality.

Stop personalizing. I didn't say you were immoral. I think your views on child labor laws are immoral.

However, I find some child labor laws are completely stupid. When they ban dairy farmers from allowing their children to help, I think that is stupid. I also think it is immoral.

I find prohibition of children from earning money for an equestrian sport is stupid, too.

I find that disallowing a 17 year old who has been babysitting a family's daughter since she was 15 from doing so when that family is on vacation at the shore because it crosses state lines, is stupid. I also find it immoral because the little girl prefers that 17 year old.

I find allowing children ten year of age to work twenty to twenty four hours a week immoral. The main job for a child is to go to school and get an education. Children's work is in the classroom and doing homework.

Gingrich is an idiot. Newt's proposal is to put poor children to work by getting rid of janitors who are making a living wage to support their own families and replacing them with cheaper labor.

Republicans believe poverty is caused by the bad behavior of its victims, a belief famously reaffirmed by Herman Cain (“If you’re poor, blame yourself!”). It is always easier to blame victims than to contemplate real solutions.

Serious anti-poverty strategies would require its corporate benefactors to raise wages, dispense with unionbusting, support minimum-wage hikes, embrace national healthcare, and stop discriminating on the basis of race, gender, age and disability. Poverty is a difficult subject for the GOP. The only way they know how to talk about it is to scold, demonize and stereotype the poor, and their advocates.

They have no serious proposals to eliminate poverty and revive the job market. They want a child to displace his parent as janitor, but they have no proposal to help the janitor who is displaced from supporting his family.

Last edited:
Why don't we ever see an examination of democrat morality? The jack-ass party makes no claim of being moral so they get a pass?

I find allowing children ten year of age to work twenty to twenty four hours a week immoral. The main job for a child is to go to school and get an education. Children's work is in the classroom and doing homework.

Uh huh.

Tell me, Sky; who is wanting 10 year olds to go to work for 20-24 hours a week?

.... Gingrich is an idiot. Newt's proposal is to put poor children to work by getting rid of janitors who are making a living wage to support their own families and replacing them with cheaper labor.
Personally, I don't find protecting any group of workers from competition to be immoral. I find it to be fair. I find fair to be moral.

Uh huh.

.... Gingrich is an idiot. Newt's proposal is to put poor children to work by getting rid of janitors who are making a living wage to support their own families and replacing them with cheaper labor.
Personally, I don't find protecting any group of workers from competition to be immoral. I find it to be fair. I find fair to be moral.

You want to replace a janitor who earns enough money to support his family with a cheaper child worker.

That's immoral and stupid.

He has stupid ideas and he's corrupt. Freddie Mac paid Gingrich over $1.5 million to lobby conservative legislators to abandon their free-market convictions and support Freddie Mac.

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com...ch-freddie-mac-that-freddie-mac#ixzz1gR7DgEBh

You like him? Go figure.

Last edited:

Uh huh.

You want to replace a janitor who earns enough to support his family with a cheaper child worker.

That's immoral.
Here, I will number things to make it more clear for you:

1. Who is wanting 10 year olds to go to work for 20-24 hours a week?

2. Who said I want to replace a janitor earning money for his family?

3. How does my saying that no single group of workers should be protected from competition mean I want a man to lose his job?

4. How is wanting equality for all groups of workers with respect to competent competition immoral?

Uh huh.

You want to replace a janitor who earns enough to support his family with a cheaper child worker.

That's immoral.

3. How does my saying that no single group of workers should be protected from competition mean I want a man to lose his job?

4. How is wanting equality for all groups of workers with respect to competent competition immoral?

Newt wants child workers to replace janitors. Janitors who happen to earn enough to support families will be replaced by cheaper child workers. You support Newt's stupid views.

Typical Republican answer to everything. Screw workers and screw poor people. The GOP is the party of cheap labor and foreign outsourcing. It's the party of tax breaks for the rich and corruption.

Last edited:

That's immoral.

Newt wants child workers to replace janitors. Janitors who happen to earn enough to support families will be replaced by cheaper child workers. You support Newt's stupid views.

I do?

My saying that some child labor laws are stupid, completely stupid means I want janitors to lose their jobs?

How does that work?

.... Typical Republican answer to everything. Screw workers and screw poor people. The GOP is the party of cheap labor and foreign outsourcing. It's the party of tax breaks for the rich and corruption.

So, you ask a question, and you make up the answer, and that's what your argument is.

Straw has no nutritional value to me, just so you know.

I think pathetic liars are immoral, Sky.

Forum List

Back