Republican party splitting into TWO,third party rising for 2016

Republican Party Splitting In TWO ? 3rd Party Rising for 2016 | Armstrong Economics

Could that be why Hillary loses the election in 2016 to the Rand/Cruz ticket?

One thing I "kinda" envy about the Democratic party is that, no matter how extreme some of them can lean, they seem to really cement their party loyalty.
Whereas disgruntled Republicans will sway toward Libertarians or "Blue Dog" Democrats.

I truly miss the Reagan era (Big Tent) Republican party.

:cool:

and yet the GOP is the party that tries to get members to sign pledges to vote a certain way on certain issues.

I would suggest that some of the reason so many feel disassociated from the GOP right now is because the party has made them (and their differing views) unwelcome.

I can see how someone who is very young and who has little perpspective on GOP and Democratic Party history, may think the Democrats look a lot more unified now. But that comes and goes.

Last edited:
Republican Party Splitting In TWO ? 3rd Party Rising for 2016 | Armstrong Economics

Hillary is going to take Texas with Julian Castro on the ticket.

:lol: I don't know where you guys keep getting this idea that Texas will be competitive in 2016 or that Hillary Clinton is your meal ticket.

That's what I keep wondering,the Hildabeast got road too the ground,she's done.

When was the last time the Dems let a one time looser run again???

One thing I "kinda" envy about the Democratic party is that, no matter how extreme some of them can lean, they seem to really cement their party loyalty.
Whereas disgruntled Republicans will sway toward Libertarians or "Blue Dog" Democrats.

and yet the GOP is the party that tries to get members to sign pledges to vote a certain way on certain issues.

I would suggest that some of the reason so many feel disassociated from the GOP right now is because the party has made them (and their differing views) unwelcome.

I can see how someone who is very young and who has little perpspective on GOP and Democratic Party history, may think the Democrats look a lot more unified now. But that comes and goes.

The bolded is what I mean about the GOP being splintered. Thay feel they need these "pledges" to unify their members.

And, thank you for calling me young
:lol:

Remember that poll taken late in 2012 that showed a majority of Americans thought the GOP was extremist? Well that element is what the new third party would be because the GOP is moving more to the center, where most Americans stand.
That is utterly false. The GOP is not moving center with the rest of Americans. For the most part, Americans are conservative fiscally and liberal socially. What the GOP is doing is abandoning the conservative fiscal values that Americans actually agree with but running to the hardline social issues that are the polar opposite of the voters (things like gay marriage and abortion). That is what is killing the party in the first place.

A viable third party will ONLY exist if they abandon the social issues that hang around the GOP.

To the OP: a viable third party GUARANTEES that the liberals will win the next several elections by wide margins. That is not a bad thing though – it is necessary for the fundamental changes that we need BUT do not delude yourself, you can’t gain that kind of political power in one or even two elections. That takes time to generate enough people to really influence people and make changes.

Hillary is going to take Texas with Julian Castro on the ticket.

:lol: I don't know where you guys keep getting this idea that Texas will be competitive in 2016 or that Hillary Clinton is your meal ticket.

No kidding. Not only is it far too early to really call much, trying to call TX blue this next election is delusional. It is not much different than those thinking Romney was going to win by a landslide – possibly even worse.

Cruz wasn't born in America. He can't be President. We know that you have to be born in America to be President because for the past 4 and a half years the right wing has been insisting that you have to have been born in the United States to be President. Waaayyyy to late to go back now

Well Obama has proved us all wrong now hasn't he! He set a new standard....ya really don't have to be a citizen to be born...just lie about it over and over and then release a fake BC and its all good...the sheeple look the other way.

You are so right. Republicans eat their own for such piddly issues. When will they learn?

Cruz wasn't born in America. He can't be President. We know that you have to be born in America to be President because for the past 4 and a half years the right wing has been insisting that you have to have been born in the United States to be President. Waaayyyy to late to go back now

Actually, we know this because the constitution outlines the requirements and a natural born citizen is one of them.

Forum List

Back