Republican Senators send a letter to Iran. Wow. Damn!

holy smokes. what leftwing site did he get that off of...

you all have went insane since you LOST to Republicans...

tsk tsk tsk...THEY WON get the hell over it

BZZZT Wrong!

47 individual Senators do not represent Congress. They don't even represent a majority in the Senate.

The Constitution does not empower Congress to negotiate with foreign nations. That is a power delegated to the Executive Branch. Congress merely has the power to ratify treaties.

What do you plan to do, assclown? Hold your breath? Draw a red line? Watch fuckwad Obama golf?

12_16111220150310045653.jpg

Great idea.

Right after we hang, draw and quarter those who swore to uphold The Constitution of The United States and in doing so lied....as they have done so many times since.

Yup, those 47 can be in line right after that first little job is done.

But not until.

There are people in the United States that do not know that treaties and agreements made by the president have to be ratified by Congress.

Isn't that rather shameful?

I actively support and agree with your outrage over U.S. Senators who interfere with important negotiations by the President, and who actively support the leaders of those countries who have nuclear weapons and are aiming them right at us.

Sen. Ted Kennedy's (D-MA) letter to USSR Premier Yuri Andropov in 1983, offering to help him evade then-President Reagan's attempts to reduce the number of nuclear weapons in both countries, ranks among the top treasonous missives in U.S. history.

Kennedy offered to come to Moscow to help the Russians develop propaganda to defeat Reagan's disarmament attempts. He also tried to arrange for Andropov to interview with U.S. media outlets for the same purpose.

As you said, to advise a US enemy, to encourage them to develop a weapon to use against us, these scum have really hit bottom.

Did they commit a felony? Quite possibly. To openly sell out their own country, as you described it, is the worst of the worst.

This happened with a U.S. enemy that had already developed nuclear weapons AND the systems to deliver them onto U.S. cities. They had them aimed right at us, ready to fire. Not just to some backwater wannabe 7th-century dictatorship which the Democrats were insisting would never develop nuclear weapons at all, just nuclear power for "peaceful purposes". So I'm sure you'd agree that what Kennedy did was far more serious than what present-day Republicans have done. Right?

Flashback Big Three Ignored Ted Kennedy s Letter to Soviet Union

----------------------------------

Oops, wrong thread. Can you tell me where's the thread Democrats wrote, expressing their outrage over Kennedy's strange treason? I'll transfer this post there, and erase it here, as soon as I find it.

One can make a reasonable case that sending the letter to Iran was a criminal act.

Here is the text of the Logan Act, passed in 1799 and last amended in 1994. Violation of the Logan Act is a felony, punishable under federal law by imprisonment of up to three years. (Reference)
Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
The Republican Senators' letter has the following three elements, right out of the definition of the crime:

1. Correspondence with a foreign government (whether direct or indirect, in the form of an “open letter”, doesn't matter to the law).
2. Without the authority of the United States (it enjoys no imprimatur from the executive branch nor, for that matter, from Congress as an institution).
3. With the pretty clear intent “to influence the measures or conduct of” the government of Iran in relation to a 'dispute or controversy with the United States.' Why send it, otherwise?

Why should it not be considered a crime? Of course, the last prosecution under that act was in 1803, and it might not be a good political move, but still . . .

==================================

A friend sent the above to me.

Yes, they're traitors but they'll never be prosecuted.
How does this square with the Constitution requiring the Executive get the consent of the Legislative Branch in order for the President to Ratify a treaty?

Republicans interfered with President Carter's FP in ways that blew the mind at the time.

today?

You mean sort of like creating a solidarity agreement with the USSR the way democrats did under Reagan?

I know, that's different - the Soviets were our enemy, democrats LOVE our enemies, they just hate America and her allies...

Seriously dainty, of all the stupidity the leftists have come up with, this is a level of desperation that is simply laughable. The boiking got humiliated? Good!

I fully support and agree with your outrage over U.S. Senators who send communications to leaders of enemy countries who have nuclear weapons, the delivery systems to place them on U.S. cities, and who are actively threatening us with them. Especially when those lette help them to develop and deploy those weapons.

Sen. Ted Kennedy's (D-MA) letter to USSR Premier Yuri Andropov in 1983, offering to help him evade then-President Reagan's attempts to reduce the number of nuclear weapons in both countries, ranks among the top treasonous missives in U.S. history.

Kennedy offered to come to Moscow to help the Russians develop propaganda to defeat Reagan's disarmament attempts. He also tried to arrange for Andropov to interview with U.S. media outlets for the same purpose.

As you said, to advise a US enemy, to encourage them to develop a weapon to use against us, these scum have really hit bottom.

Did they commit a felony? Quite possibly. To openly sell out their own country, as you described it, is the worst of the worst.

This happened with a U.S. enemy that had already developed nuclear weapons AND the systems to deliver them onto U.S. cities. They had them aimed right at us, ready to fire. Not just to some backwater wannabe 7th-century dictatorship which the Democrats were insisting would never develop nuclear weapons at all, just nuclear power for "peaceful purposes". So I'm sure you'd agree that what Kennedy did was far more serious than what present-day Republicans have done. Right?

Oops, wrong thread. Can you tell me where's the thread Democrats wrote, expressing their outrage over Kennedy's strange treason? I'll transfer this post there, and erase it here, as soon as I find it.

Lock them up. Put them before the firing squad. While America's teabaggers are making a mountain out of a molehill over Hillary's emails, I present you the real scandal.

“Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.”

More..

The Logan Act was named for Dr. George Logan, a Pennsylvania state legislator (and later US Senator) who engaged in semi-negotiations with France in 1798 during the Quasi-War.

In United States v. Curtiss-Wright Export Corp. (1936), Justice Sutherland wrote in the majority opinion:

[T]he President alone has the power to speak or listen as a representative of the nation. He makes treaties with the advice and consent of the Senate; but he alone negotiates. Into the field of negotiation the Senate cannot intrude, and Congress itself is powerless to invade it.

Sutherland also notes in his opinion the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations report to the Senate of February 15, 1816:

The President is the constitutional representative of the United States with regard to foreign nations. He manages our concerns with foreign nations, and must necessarily be most competent to determine when, how, and upon what subjects negotiation may be urged with the greatest prospect of success. For his conduct, he is responsible to the Constitution.
"The President is the constitutional representative of the United States with regard to foreign nations. He manages our concerns with foreign nations, and must necessarily be most competent to determine when, how, and upon what subjects negotiation may be urged with the greatest prospect of success."

He's not even marginally competent.

The OP is correct that no one will be prosecuted under the Logan Act however. given what those GOP Senators actually did, the failure to prosecute them doesn't make it any less of an act of sedition against the USA.
Be specific explain how the letter violates the requirements established by the Constitution for treason. Shall I quote that requirement or in your ignorance can you find it on your own?

it seems like Democrat don't understand or give a shit. so would you school this woman on it please

NOW speaking of a traitor..

FLASHBACK: Pelosi Dismisses Criticism From Bush After She Meets With Assad In Syria…
Screen-Shot-2015-03-09-at-10.41.09-PM.png
Keep in mind Pelosi was meeting with Assad while he was allowing al-Qaeda in Iraq to use Syria as a staging area to kill Americans fighting in Iraq.

DAMASCUS, Syria (AP) — U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi met Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Wednesday for talks criticized by the White House as undermining American efforts to isolate the hard-line Arab country.

Pelosi said Assad assured her of his willingness to engage in peace talks with Israel, and that she and other members of her congressional delegation raised their concern about militants crossing from Syria into Iraq, as well the Israeli soldiers kidnapped by the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah and the Palestinian group Hamas.

all of it here:
FLASHBACK Pelosi Dismisses Criticism From Bush After She Meets With Assad In Syria Weasel Zippers

[
So you support traitors now huh.

No, I don't support you.

Party before America. Typical teaper.

You fucktards are blowing smoke and angry that everyone laughs at you.

Section. 3.
Clause 1: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Israel is not the enemy of the United States - Iran is. You democrats support Iran and attack the ally of the USA - so WHO are the traitors? Fuckwad Obama gives aid and comfort to Iran - WHO is the traitor? Not the Senate who opposed our enemy and backed our ally. Let's look at the little fuck who attacked our ally and supports our enemy, let's look at that scumbag Obama.

The OP is correct that no one will be prosecuted under the Logan Act however. given what those GOP Senators actually did, the failure to prosecute them doesn't make it any less of an act of sedition against the USA.
Be specific explain how the letter violates the requirements established by the Constitution for treason. Shall I quote that requirement or in your ignorance can you find it on your own?

You have to remember, these are technically retarded people. They cannot form thoughts, they only spew idiocy from the Soros hate sites.

One good thing if Iran thought they could make obama crawl on his belly like the bitch he is, another president isn't bound by that agreement. It might make them not go as far as they thought they could.

I actively support and agree with your outrage over U.S. Senators who interfere with important negotiations by the President, and who actively support the leaders of those countries who have nuclear weapons and are aiming them right at us.

Fine with me. Dig up Ted's skeleton and put him in front of a firing squad with these 47 traitors.

[
So you support traitors now huh.

No, I don't support you.

Party before America. Typical teaper.

You fucktards are blowing smoke and angry that everyone laughs at you.

Section. 3.
Clause 1: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Israel is not the enemy of the United States - Iran is. You democrats support Iran and attack the ally of the USA - so WHO are the traitors? Fuckwad Obama gives aid and comfort to Iran - WHO is the traitor? Not the Senate who opposed our enemy and backed our ally. Let's look at the little fuck who attacked our ally and supports our enemy, let's look at that scumbag Obama.
Okay traitor.

Congress IS the Authority of the United States.

It was a letter from Congress, NOT 47 individuals.

Opie needs to stop watching tv.

BZZZT Wrong!

47 individual Senators do not represent Congress. They don't even represent a majority in the Senate.

The Constitution does not empower Congress to negotiate with foreign nations. That is a power delegated to the Executive Branch. Congress merely has the power to ratify treaties.

And - if its true that they are speaking for all of congress, why did some Rs appear on camera today, saying they were against it?

Among them, of all people, Jeff Flake! I just about fell off my chair!

Forum List

Back