Republican Sessions think mere suspicion of wrongdoing is enough to take your money

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Jeff Sessions wants police to take more cash from American citizens

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Monday said he'd be issuing a new directive this week aimed at increasing police seizures of cash and property.

Asset forfeiture is a disputed practice that allows law enforcement officials to permanently take money and goods from individuals suspected of crime. There is little disagreement among lawmakers, authorities and criminal justice reformers that “no criminal should be allowed to keep the proceeds of their crime.” But in many cases, neither a criminal conviction nor even a criminal charge is necessary — under forfeiture laws in most states and at the federal level, mere suspicion of wrongdoing is enough to allow police to seize items permanently.

Oklahoma police seized $53,000 owned by a Christian band, an orphanage and a church after stopping a man on a highway for a broken taillight. A few years earlier, a Michigan drug task force raided the home of a self-described “soccer mom,” suspecting she was not in compliance with the state's medical marijuana law. They proceeded to take “every belonging” from the family, including tools, a bicycle and her daughter's birthday money.

----------------------------

Republican Jeff Sessions, Russian Stooge, feels there's lots of opportunity out there.

Obama ended this law, Republicans started it up again.

neither a criminal conviction nor even a criminal charge is necessary — under forfeiture laws in most states and at the federal level, mere suspicion of wrongdoing is enough to allow police to seize items permanently

In other words, you have to prove your innocence. How many, without their money or property can "PROVE" their innocence? How do you prove that?

And the police get to keep the money they steal.

Obama ended this law, Republicans started it up again.

neither a criminal conviction nor even a criminal charge is necessary — under forfeiture laws in most states and at the federal level, mere suspicion of wrongdoing is enough to allow police to seize items permanently

In other words, you have to prove your innocence. How many, without their money or property can "PROVE" their innocence? How do you prove that?

And the police get to keep the money they steal.
Obama never ended the law idiot.

This is a perfect example of the hypocrisy that you embody. This program has been going on for decades, and you pretend that it just started, or was stopped while the Democrats were in charge. It hasn't ever stopped. It has been going on, and the cops have been doing this for all that time.

Now, I agree that this is an abomination, but I agreed it was an abomination when Obama was President. I thought it was an abomination the first time I heard about it, and every single time since. It doesn't matter to me who is in charge of this abomination, it is still an abomination. Democrat or Republican, it's an abomination. Liberal or Conservative, it is an abomination.

That is a big difference between us. You are opposed to those who are politically opposed to the party you have decided to support. I am opposed to principles and practices that are IMO as wrong as can be.

You of course, are much like most of the Democrats in Washington. Anything the Republicans do is wrong. Anything that the Republicans do is treason, fascist, or just horrifically abusive. Anything the Democrats do is perfectly fine because it's for all of our own good. It doesn't matter if it is the same thing, it's just wrong if the Republicans do it.

The Democrats ran out and objected to Trump ending the support of the Terrorist groups in Syria. Oh, that's just what Putin wanted was the howl from the Left. So it's a good thing to support terrorists? I thought terrorists were bad guys. Well supposedly these are moderate Terrorists, which makes it good, or something.

Nonsense. Figure out what you stand for, and what you are opposed to, and then take a stand for or against those things, not just when Republicans hold the reigns, but all the damned time.

Let Sessions begin with the Clinton Foundation, Obama, Podesta brothers and Alefantis homes, properties, artwork, investments, off shore bank accounts.. that's a good start.

Forum List

Back