🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republican top priority.....Raise taxes on the poor

What you business side supporters are missing is the quality of the service as well as the product.

We made sure that we paid (and still do) our employees about 17% better than their peers in the other companies in the same business, which was a big deal in the cost of living factor in East Texas to west Florida.

(1) That improved our quality of product because we took the best employees from our competitors.

(2) We took our competitors' clients because of our quality service and product, forcing our competitors out of business. The chambers of commerce were normally unhappy with us. Tough dooky.

(3) We made a very good living for our management and share holders.

I created my demand by furthering my education, advancing where I work, and improving my skills. You want demand increased for some by simply handing them more money for nothing. I have yet to hear one of them say what they would be willing to do if they got what amounted to a 40% raise (from $7.25 to $10.10/hour). Last time I got that kind of raise I actually had to have earned it and do more as a result of it. They bitch and whine to get theirs.
Tell me how exactly did you increase your skills? On the job training? I'm sure that was nice back then when hiring was plentiful and you were hired at entry level.

Aside from that, how can poor people learn new skills? They are too poor to get the education for new skills. They are stuck where they are.

I have three college degrees, two of which are advanced. I went in with skills and because my skills allowed me to make good money, I took it upon myself to further my education while working. When I was working on my undergraduate degree, it was paid for by academic and athletic scholarships. In case you didn't know, neither of those came about by sitting on my ass begging for them or by having a D average in high school.
Again your anecdotal story predates 2008 and thus today's economy.

It does? Perhaps you can tell me when I earned my last degree.
Well even if you began your education after 2008 for your final degree I assume you were already making a good living off of your first two?

I was but by gaining the third degree, one I started in September, 2010 and finished in May, 2012, allowed me to put in and be offered a position with more responsibility and a pay raise of around 15% that without the degree I wouldn't have been qualified to do. The difference between me and those you want to simply be handed more, I earned my increase while they want theirs given to them with no additional responbilities or duties involed. They want the money only.

What you business side supporters are missing is the quality of the service as well as the product.

We made sure that we paid (and still do) our employees about 17% better than their peers in the other companies in the same business, which was a big deal in the cost of living factor in East Texas to west Florida.

(1) That improved our quality of product because we took the best employees from our competitors.

(2) We took our competitors' clients because of our quality service and product, forcing our competitors out of business. The chambers of commerce were normally unhappy with us. Tough dooky.

(3) We made a very good living for our management and share holders.

1) If a worker's motivation to do their job the best it can be done is money only, they aren't a good employee.

2) So as long as your business benefited, others didn't matter? Hypocrite.

3) What's wrong with someone else's business doing the same even if it's more than you think it should be? Is it as long as they don't make too much, it's OK to make a lot?

Tell me how exactly did you increase your skills? On the job training? I'm sure that was nice back then when hiring was plentiful and you were hired at entry level.

Aside from that, how can poor people learn new skills? They are too poor to get the education for new skills. They are stuck where they are.

I have three college degrees, two of which are advanced. I went in with skills and because my skills allowed me to make good money, I took it upon myself to further my education while working. When I was working on my undergraduate degree, it was paid for by academic and athletic scholarships. In case you didn't know, neither of those came about by sitting on my ass begging for them or by having a D average in high school.

Well even if you began your education after 2008 for your final degree I assume you were already making a good living off of your first two?

I was but by gaining the third degree, one I started in September, 2010 and finished in May, 2012, allowed me to put in and be offered a position with more responsibility and a pay raise of around 15% that without the degree I wouldn't have been qualified to do. The difference between me and those you want to simply be handed more, I earned my increase while they want theirs given to them with no additional responbilities or duties involed. They want the money only.
Yes some college degrees still go along way. Either way, you are an anecdotal case that isn't representive of the labor force of today.

Yes some college degrees still go along way. Either way, you are an anecdotal case that isn't representive of the labor force of today.

So I showed that your claim about when I earned my degrees was absolutely wrong and all you have is more excuses. You will never amount to anything as long as you are willing to make excuses. Those good at making excuses are rarely good at anything else and you prove it when you respond. You got your ass handed to you with this incidence and you still can't simply say you were wrong.

So I showed that your claim about when I earned my degrees was absolutely wrong and all you have is more excuses. You will never amount to anything as long as you are willing to make excuses. Those good at making excuses are rarely good at anything else and you prove it when you respond. You got your ass handed to you with this incidence and you still can't simply say you were wrong.
I think it's safe to say you are pretty sore over this discussion lol

I think it's safe to say I was correct about you as a person. People like you don't make me mad. You aren't worth it in more ways than one. You disgust me because your automatic answer to everything is more government involvement. However, when you don't want the government involved, you change your tune. It's across multiple issues.

Your claim of pro choice is a good example. You claim women should have the absolute choice of what to do with their bodies without expecting absolute responsibility for those choices. You want taxpayers to fund contraceptives to keep them from getting pregnant when they choose to have sex. You want others and the government and others to stay out of their choice of abortion or having the children if they get pregnant yet if they can't afford their choice, you don't mind having the same government/people you told to butt out be forced to fund it.

Cutting taxes does jack shit for creating jobs. Why? Because stimulating supply means jack shit if you don't stimulate demand. Seriously think about it. Say you have a shoe business that has a steady supply each month. You sell a total of 200 pairs in your store each month. You receive a tax cut which allows you to sell 300 in your store instead of 200 per month. The demand hasn't changed. You would still sell 300 shoes at the same rate as before. Meaning at the end of the month you would have 100 shoes leftover. That 100 would only carry over to the next month.

There is no problem with supply in today's economy. There is no problem with supply in today's economy. Low wages is what feeds it.

Cutting taxes does jack shit for creating jobs. Why?

Because you're wrong.

Because stimulating supply means jack shit if you don't stimulate demand. Seriously think about it. Say you have a shoe business

Say that taxes are too high and they stop you from opening your shoe business in the first place.

There is no problem with supply in today's economy.

Sure there is, my shoe business is on the drawing board, not creating jobs and sales.

Low wages is what feeds it.

You can raise the minimum wage, but the employees in the store I never opened won't benefit.

You receive a tax cut which allows you to sell 300 in your store instead of 200 per month.

Excellent! This will encourage me to expand from 2 stores to 3. More jobs, more sales, more profits!
But taxes aren't too high. Revenue as a percentage of GDP in this country is at 16%. That's near a historic low. Both Bush and Obama made sure to cut taxes during the recessions. That of course created more national debt.

The investment class is doing better now more than ever.

Of course they would.

Lol it wouldn't matter if you opened a new store you goon. Demand was the same as it was before. If your business suffered before it would suffer even more because demand in the area remained unchanged.

is that 16% just federal revenue or does it include states/local?

Even if it includes states/local, 16% overhead is too high, 10% is more realistic.

It doesn't include State and Local, and it ignores all the spending that is financed with debt, which is a tax on future generations.
Why should it include state and local? Either way a person or corporation is paying less in taxes overall if the federal rate is lower.

Why should it include state and local? Because taxes no matter who the collector is take money out of the private sector and the hands of the individuals who earned the income.

I think it's safe to say I was correct about you as a person. People like you don't make me mad. You aren't worth it in more ways than one. You disgust me because your automatic answer to everything is more government involvement. However, when you don't want the government involved, you change your tune. It's across multiple issues.

Your claim of pro choice is a good example. You claim women should have the absolute choice of what to do with their bodies without expecting absolute responsibility for those choices. You want taxpayers to fund contraceptives to keep them from getting pregnant when they choose to have sex. You want others and the government and others to stay out of their choice of abortion or having the children if they get pregnant yet if they can't afford their choice, you don't mind having the same government/people you told to butt out be forced to fund it.
you sure are misguided it who does what ... the government doesn't supply anyone with contraceptives ... their health care does... the government doesn't not run health care ... the fact that you don't like abortions is your choice... but you haven't any right to say who pays for what when it concerns a womans right to choose... it is still against the law last I checked for government to pay for abortuions and they don't ...

Lol I don't make you mad but I disgust you? Hmm. Obviously I am picky about gov involvement. I want a moderately regulated market and a consistent minimum wage. However I am big on personal freedom on many issues. That doesn't make me a hypocrite. It means I have a nuanced political ideology. Everything is so black and white with you cons. Don't you get tired of that?

You cons hate paying taxes so you expect the gov to pay for everything for you. That is mooching.

Lol why are we talking about abortion? Man you presumptuous.

you sure are misguided it who does what ... the government doesn't supply anyone with contraceptives ... their health care does... the government doesn't not run health care ... the fact that you don't like abortions is your choice... but you haven't any right to say who pays for what when it concerns a womans right to choose... it is still against the law last I checked for government to pay for abortuions and they don't ...

Are you saying that someone on Medicaid, a government program, doesn't get birth control, a contraceptive?

There are plenty that want the government to pay for abortions even admitting that although the woman is making the choice, if she can't others should.

Last time I checked, if a woman chooses to have kids she can't support, the government takes money from someone else to do it for HER choice. The point is if she chooses, she pays or fucking does without as far as I'm concerned.

you'll find out when you starty paying more of what you say you're not paying ... everybody pays taxes

Somebody who doesn't work and has no income doesn't pay taxes, it's impossible. All they do is transfer some of the money given them back to the entity that gave it to them in the first place.

Lol I don't make you mad but I disgust you? Hmm. Obviously I am picky about gov involvement. I want a moderately regulated market and a consistent minimum wage. However I am big on personal freedom on many issues. That doesn't make me a hypocrite. It means I have a nuanced political ideology. Everything is so black and white with you cons. Don't you get tired of that?

You cons hate paying taxes so you expect the gov to pay for everything for you. That is mooching.

Your pickiness makes you a hypocrite. You want the governemnt involved when it suits you and not when it doesn't. Everything with you Liberals is wishy washy. That means you have no standards.

If you can't see how abortion relates on principle and how it fits your inconsistent outlook about the government, it's no wonder you'll never amount to nothing more than a low wage worker.

you'll find out when you starty paying more of what you say you're not paying ... everybody pays taxes

Somebody who doesn't work and has no income doesn't pay taxes, it's impossible. All they do is transfer some of the money given them back to the entity that gave it to them in the first place.

All the while thinking it's actually there money.

We don't hate paying taxes.. we just would rather that If we are to pay taxes, that the government use that money to provide the things we are paying taxes for, not transfer that money to someone else who sits on their ass all day doing nothing. Or, wasting it studying cow flatulence or giving it to bankrupt windmill companies.

It isn't an all or nothing game bud.. stop being such a simp and think for a moment.

Your pickiness makes you a hypocrite. You want the governemnt involved when it suits you and not when it doesn't. Everything with you Liberals is wishy washy. That means you have no standards.

If you can't see how abortion relates on principle and how it fits your inconsistent outlook about the government, it's no wonder you'll never amount to nothing more than a low wage worker.
I want gov involvement when it serves the greater good; when society as a whole benefits. Many personal freedoms do not interfere with the greater good. It really is that simple.

I don't have a low wage job. I have a BA in Psychology and I am using it.

The Republican Party s top priority is to raise taxes on the poor. Literally. - The Week

Following their convincing victory in the 2014 elections, everyone is wondering what Republicans will do with their new majority in the Senate and House. Well, their policy agenda is becoming clear. It will be unrestrained class warfare against the poor.
This priority was made apparent over the last week during the negotiation of a colossal tax cut package. Senate Democrats and Republicans had been doing some low-key negotiations to renew a slew of tax cuts for corporations and lower- and middle-income Americans, according to reporting from Brian Faler and Rachel Bade at Politico.
Then President Obama announced his executive action on immigration. Enraged Republicans promptly took vengeance on all the goodies for the working poor (as well as for clean energy), cutting them out of the deal and proposing a raft of permanent tax cuts for corporations alone worth $440 billion over 10 years.

Cutting out free money to people isn't a tax increase. Either you don't know what the Earned Income Tax credit is or like most leftists you're a flat out liar. Which is it?

Forum List

Back