🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republican top priority.....Raise taxes on the poor

That's what the Democrats don't understand. They try to equate taxes paid through state law as being the same as federal income taxes. If someone pays zero federal income tax, they pay zero state income tax in my state. If they get the EIC, what they get offsets many of those state taxes like property taxes, sales taxes, etc.

What Republicans don't understand is that taxes are still taxes whether they are levied at the local, state or federal level. You still have less money to support your family

What you don't understand is that paying from both isn't the same as only paying from one pocket. If the have less, let them find a better job. If their skills suck so badly they can't, tough shit. That doesn't mean the rest of us should offset that by default.

Good answer...find a better job

There are currently 30 million families who receive some sort of government assistance, lets implement your strategy and find them better jobs

Can you point to the data where there are 30 million "better jobs" available for these people to take?

How about just another job?

Why are you people fixated on having only one job?

Good answer

Now lets implement it. The 30 million working poor now have the option of finding a better job or working a second job. Now, before we implement your solution, lets identify 30 million additional jobs that these people can take

Life is so easy when you are a conservative
See there you go again
Babysitting and lawn mowing?

That's the depth of your creative thinking?

No wonder you need the government to feed you and wipe your ass.

What Republicans don't understand is that taxes are still taxes whether they are levied at the local, state or federal level. You still have less money to support your family

What you don't understand is that paying from both isn't the same as only paying from one pocket. If the have less, let them find a better job. If their skills suck so badly they can't, tough shit. That doesn't mean the rest of us should offset that by default.

There are currently 30 million families who receive some sort of government assistance, lets implement your strategy and find them better jobs

Can you point to the data where there are 30 million "better jobs" available for these people to take?

Good answer

Now lets implement it. The 30 million working poor now have the option of finding a better job or working a second job. Now, before we implement your solution, lets identify 30 million additional jobs that these people can take

See there you go again

and buy the toilet paper for them.

The Republican Party s top priority is to raise taxes on the poor. Literally. - The Week

Following their convincing victory in the 2014 elections, everyone is wondering what Republicans will do with their new majority in the Senate and House. Well, their policy agenda is becoming clear. It will be unrestrained class warfare against the poor.
This priority was made apparent over the last week during the negotiation of a colossal tax cut package. Senate Democrats and Republicans had been doing some low-key negotiations to renew a slew of tax cuts for corporations and lower- and middle-income Americans, according to reporting from Brian Faler and Rachel Bade at Politico.
Then President Obama announced his executive action on immigration. Enraged Republicans promptly took vengeance on all the goodies for the working poor (as well as for clean energy), cutting them out of the deal and proposing a raft of permanent tax cuts for corporations alone worth $440 billion over 10 years.

I see you are still suffering from The Dumbass Disease. I'm really not surprised.

Obama has made more slaves to government by greatly increasing food stamp usage unnecessarily. That needs to be reduced. Corporate tax cuts will give more jobs so those "poor" people can buy their own damn steaks! Illegals should be deported!

Why does feeding the needy need to be reduced?

We gave Corporate Tax Cuts under Bush with the promise of more jobs. Rather than create more jobs, they just kept the money

Fool me once....

We have spent trillions on the war on poverty to eliminate hunger and deprivation from American life. What we have today is approximately the same percentage of Americans in poverty as existed at the time the programs started.

Fool me once . . .

We have spent trillions on the military yet still have wars

We have the same threats as we had before we dumped trillions into the military

Fool me once.....

When the word food stamps appears in the Consitution like the word army and navy, a.k.a the military, you'll have a point.

Congress is responsible for the General Welfare of the Nation

There are no provisions for a standing Army or Air Force in the Constitution. Only a Navy

Good answer

See there you go again

OK ......lets dig into your plan

There are 30 million working Americans who still need government assistance. Right now, there are approximately 5 million open jobs (most unable to be filled by the working poor) That leaves in excess of 25 million small business opportunities that need to be created. Can you point to any year in history when over 5 million successful small businesses have been created let alone 25 million?

Its your plan, you have to defend it
Show me the numbers

Good answer

See there you go again

There are 30 million working Americans who still need government assistance. Right now, there are approximately 5 million open jobs (most unable to be filled by the working poor) That leaves in excess of 25 million small business opportunities that need to be created. Can you point to any year in history when over 5 million successful small businesses have been created let alone 25 million?

Show me the numbers

Define small business?

Is that a business of one?

There are currently at least a dozen cities where unemployment is under 5%. If you really wanted a job you can find one.

And how many of those alleged 30 million actually want to work more? It's my assertion that if you've been working flipping burgers for 15 years that you really don't want to work. Neither you nor I can force people to work can we?

And why do I or anyone else have to come up with a plan for someone else?

Seriously if they can't come up with their own plan whose fault is that?

The poor should pay more taxes - because I see them buying stuff at Walmart and Dollar stores. They obviously have money to squander...on survival...

I love seeing store clerks work when they are obviously sick and/or have a bad toothache and they can't afford to miss work or go to a dentist. I just love it...

Last edited:

Good answer

See there you go again

Show me the numbers

Define small business?

There are currently at least a dozen cities where unemployment is under 5%. If you really wanted a job you can find one.

And how many of those alleged 30 million actually want to work more? It's my assertion that if you've been working flipping burgers for 15 years that you really don't want to work. Neither you nor I can force people to work can we?

Its your plan that 30 million small business jobs are available. I asked you to show me. Lawn mowing and babysitting are off the table according to you. Are you going to suggest they start software development firms?

You are claiming the opportunities are there

Why don't you start with any year with over 5 million successful startups especially ones with no startup capital

The Republican Party s top priority is to raise taxes on the poor. Literally. - The Week

Following their convincing victory in the 2014 elections, everyone is wondering what Republicans will do with their new majority in the Senate and House. Well, their policy agenda is becoming clear. It will be unrestrained class warfare against the poor.
This priority was made apparent over the last week during the negotiation of a colossal tax cut package. Senate Democrats and Republicans had been doing some low-key negotiations to renew a slew of tax cuts for corporations and lower- and middle-income Americans, according to reporting from Brian Faler and Rachel Bade at Politico.
Then President Obama announced his executive action on immigration. Enraged Republicans promptly took vengeance on all the goodies for the working poor (as well as for clean energy), cutting them out of the deal and proposing a raft of permanent tax cuts for corporations alone worth $440 billion over 10 years.

O already raised taxes on the poor with the obamacare law.

Its your plan that 30 million small business jobs are available. I asked you to show me. Lawn mowing and babysitting are off the table according to you. Are you going to suggest they start software development firms?

Why don't you start with any year with over 5 million successful startups especially ones with no startup capital

TROLL THREAD....he's trying to see how many people he can piss off with his idiotic blabber.....IGNORE.

:trolls:

O already raised taxes on the poor with the obamacare law.
Not really. He raised taxes/costs on the middle class and gave vouchers to lower income workers. Whatta guy!

It is a safety net where you work full time at some menial job and still require government assistance to survive. And yet, Republicans first order of business is to pull away that safety net

If someone has the skill level to only work a menial job, it's not a safety net. It's someone with skills subsidizing the results of someone else's lack of having any. Something isn't called a safety net when the person using it is where they are of their own doing and lack of marketability. A safety net is when a person slips not when they are where they are because it's the only place they have the ability to be.
All of this safety net garbage can be resolved if we raised the minimum wage to a level people can live off of. $15 an hour would he kept up with today's inflation. If it was raised gradually over a few years the market would have time to respond. A few thousand jobs may be lost initially, but the increase in consumer spending would inevitably create jobs. Very few people would be on food stamps and more could pay taxes. Everybody wins.

Why should someone with $7.25/hour skills get paid $15/hour based on existence. All this safety net garbage would go away if people, who because of their lack of skills making an equivalent low wage, were held accountable as the reason why they make a low wage. It seems you bleeding hearts want people paid based on their skill level except those on the lower end. You believe they should be paid on existence.
They should be paid it because of the rate of inflation. The last time someone could live comfortably off $10 per hour was the 1960s. 10s of millions make less than 15 per hour. 17 million make less than 10 per hour.

I'm all for paying skilled workers more, but you seem to lack the appreciation of low skilled workers. The average age of a fast food workers is 29. If everyone become more skilled in your perfect world, who would fill these positions?

Also many poor people can't afford the education to learn new skills.

The skills required to do the jobs they do are the same as they were in the 1960s. If inflation went up on them, it also went up on those of us who actually have to have skills to make our higher wages.

Since the skills I have took thousand of hours more to gain, I should make thousands of times more per hours than they do.

Many poor people squandered the opportunities they had when younger to gain those skills. How many people in poverty fail to have even a high school diploma? Don't claim they didn't have a chance when they quit the one they had. People like you want taxpayers to fund what would actually be their second opportunity to learn skills. While they may be able to afford it, they have people like you who think someone else should pay that for them, too. Pay their tuition if you truly think they should get the training. I have MY kids to send to college. It's not my job to provide it or training to someone who had a chance and blew it.
If youre a grown adult you likely got these skills prior to 2008. Since the recession hit there has been a significant increase in low wage jobs and a significant decrease of decent wage jobs. That means MILLIONS of people have NO CHOICE but to accept low wage jobs, They don't have the money to further their education to learn new skills. Again, even if everyone in poverty learned new skill in your perfect world, who would be there to fill the remedial job positons like fast food? Those people are hardly teenagers anymore. The average age, as I said, is 29.

I don't know the stats on people who are in poverty and without a high school diploma, but I will bet you anything they are a small minority.

If someone has the skill level to only work a menial job, it's not a safety net. It's someone with skills subsidizing the results of someone else's lack of having any. Something isn't called a safety net when the person using it is where they are of their own doing and lack of marketability. A safety net is when a person slips not when they are where they are because it's the only place they have the ability to be.
All of this safety net garbage can be resolved if we raised the minimum wage to a level people can live off of. $15 an hour would he kept up with today's inflation. If it was raised gradually over a few years the market would have time to respond. A few thousand jobs may be lost initially, but the increase in consumer spending would inevitably create jobs. Very few people would be on food stamps and more could pay taxes. Everybody wins.

Why should someone with $7.25/hour skills get paid $15/hour based on existence. All this safety net garbage would go away if people, who because of their lack of skills making an equivalent low wage, were held accountable as the reason why they make a low wage. It seems you bleeding hearts want people paid based on their skill level except those on the lower end. You believe they should be paid on existence.
They should be paid it because of the rate of inflation. The last time someone could live comfortably off $10 per hour was the 1960s. 10s of millions make less than 15 per hour. 17 million make less than 10 per hour.

I'm all for paying skilled workers more, but you seem to lack the appreciation of low skilled workers. The average age of a fast food workers is 29. If everyone become more skilled in your perfect world, who would fill these positions?

The skills required to do the jobs they do are the same as they were in the 1960s. If inflation went up on them, it also went up on those of us who actually have to have skills to make our higher wages.

Since the skills I have took thousand of hours more to gain, I should make thousands of times more per hours than they do.

Many poor people squandered the opportunities they had when younger to gain those skills. How many people in poverty fail to have even a high school diploma? Don't claim they didn't have a chance when they quit the one they had. People like you want taxpayers to fund what would actually be their second opportunity to learn skills. While they may be able to afford it, they have people like you who think someone else should pay that for them, too. Pay their tuition if you truly think they should get the training. I have MY kids to send to college. It's not my job to provide it or training to someone who had a chance and blew it.
If youre a grown adult you likely got these skills prior to 2008. Since the recession hit there has been a significant increase in low wage jobs and a significant decrease of decent wage jobs. That means MILLIONS of people have NO CHOICE but to accept low wage jobs, They don't have the money to further their education to learn new skills. Again, even if everyone in poverty learned new skill in your perfect world, who would be there to fill the remedial job positons like fast food? Those people are hardly teenagers anymore. The average age, as I said, is 29.

I don't know the stats on people who are in poverty and without a high school diploma, but I will bet you anything they are a small minority.

There are people who have no choice but to accept low wage jobs because they have low level skills. Interesting you say there aren't decent wage jobs yet Obama has claimed to have created so many and lowered the unemployment percentage. Does that mean you are saying he's done nothing but create low wage jobs? You already did.

There will always be jobs like fast food that require low level skills and plenty of low skilled people to fill them. That means they get a low wage. If you expect those of us who have higher level skills to be paid based on skills, then those working in low level skill jobs should be based on the same thing, skills required to do the job.

I have some numbers on poverty related to high school dropouts. It's far from a minority of them making a lower income.

See #6 factor - 11 Facts About Education and Poverty in America DoSomething.org America s largest organization for youth volunteering opportunities with 2 700 000 members and counting

See the second group of percentages under "Higher education leads to higher earning" - NCCP Parents rsquo Low Education Leads to Low Income Despite Full-Time Employment

Poverty and high school dropouts

Good answer

See there you go again

Show me the numbers

Define small business?

I didn't say they were off the table. I commented on your inability to think beyond those 2 jobs.

If you choose to remain blind and dependent on others that's your fault. It is not my job to live other peoples' lives for them.

I know that if I lost a job today that I would not rest until I found another. I would take any job I could get and probably more than one. But too many people out there think that a lot of available jobs are beneath them or the government is giving them more not to work.

TROLL THREAD....he's trying to see how many people he can piss off with his idiotic blabber.....IGNORE.

Care to actually address the post?

You are the one who appears to be trolling

There are people who have no choice but to accept low wage jobs because they have low level skills. Interesting you say there aren't decent wage jobs yet Obama has claimed to have created so many and lowered the unemployment percentage. Does that mean you are saying he's done nothing but create low wage jobs? You already did.

There will always be jobs like fast food that require low level skills and plenty of low skilled people to fill them. That means they get a low wage. If you expect those of us who have higher level skills to be paid based on skills, then those working in low level skill jobs should be based on the same thing, skills required to do the job.

I have some numbers on poverty related to high school dropouts. It's far from a minority of them making a lower income.

See #6 factor - 11 Facts About Education and Poverty in America DoSomething.org America s largest organization for youth volunteering opportunities with 2 700 000 members and counting

See the second group of percentages under "Higher education leads to higher earning" - NCCP Parents rsquo Low Education Leads to Low Income Despite Full-Time Employment

Lol I love how you cons think liberals are going to defend Obama no matter what. Yes the low wage jobs do outnumber the higher wage jobs under Obama. However that still means the unemployment rate is the lowest its been since the recession hit. 10.3 million jobs in total under Obama have been created and Obama himself is directly responsible for 3 million from his stimulus package. It's interesting you cons blame Obama for the low wage jobs yet won't put any blame on the job creators themselves lol. I will never understand that. The investment class is doing better now more than ever. What we need is more demand side economic policies like the stimulus to create better jobs. Well anyway, enough about him.

Again I am all for paying skilled workers more, but because low wage jobs like fast food are so common, it is only fair to pay these millions of people a decent wage. A wage they can live off of.

31% is a small minority. I will admit it is higher than I thought. I would have guessed 20%.

Wow a far left programmed hack believing the far left propaganda..

Then again who would be believe a tax and spend far left drone anyway..

Care to actually address the post?

You are the one who appears to be trolling

Oh my the irony of such comments from the far left trolling drone squad..

you lost get over it sit down and let us fix your fuck up

Lol I love how you cons think liberals are going to defend Obama no matter what. Yes the low wage jobs do outnumber the higher wage jobs under Obama. However that still means the unemployment rate is the lowest its been since the recession hit. 10.3 million jobs in total under Obama have been created and Obama himself is directly responsible for 3 million from his stimulus package. It's interesting you cons blame Obama for the low wage jobs yet won't put any blame on the job creators themselves lol. I will never understand that. The investment class is doing better now more than ever. What we need is more demand side economic policies like the stimulus to create better jobs. Well anyway, enough about him.

Again I am all for paying skilled workers more, but because low wage jobs like fast food are so common, it is only fair to pay these millions of people a decent wage. A wage they can live off of.

31% is a small minority. I will admit it is higher than I thought. I would have guessed 20%.

You claimed Obama created 3 million jobs himself. Bullshit. That's why I say people like you would rather lick his asshole than look at what he hasn't done. You give him credit on the same level as the SEALS who killed bin Laden as if he was on the raid.

If the low wage jobs outnumber the higher wage jobs and you give Obama credit for having created those jobs, then he is to blame. You can't give him credit for having done the jobs then blame the employers for them being low wage.

The investment class is doing better because returns on investments provides more than a return on low skills.

How is it fair to force an emloyer to pay a wage higher than the job provides in revenue? Your problem is you think those of us with higher level skills should be paid on our skills but want to pay someone who is the cause of their low skills level based on breathing and a heartbeat. If they want a wage they can live off of, get the skills you think the rest of us should be paid on. If a person with $7.25 skills is getting paid $7.25/hour that is a decent wage based on their skills. That it isn't enough is their problem and often their fault.

It's easy to tell you've never owned a business. Try doing what you say needs to be done voluntarily and tell me how quickly your business ends. You haven't nor likely ever will be in business but you think you're an expert on it. Bleeding heart isn't a business model moron.

I realize you're not actually looking for information but this is a dumb question.

First, no one actually pays "none" but if they were paying "none", then any amount would be an increase. Understand?
Bull-Liberal! Not only do they not pay taxes, we give them a $3500 refund.

Forum List

Back