🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republican top priority.....Raise taxes on the poor

What happened when Bush cut those corporate rates?

Did they respond with more jobs? No, they just kept the extra money

How about it Republicans? Where do we we make up for the lost $440 Billion in lost revenue? You can tell us
Take the money away from the poor

Once again you make assumptions (tell lies) that corporate tax cuts are ONLY intended to create jobs, that jobs weren't created under Bush, and that the economy after 9/11 existed in a vacuum. I know your plan isn't to learn the truth about any of this....only to reinforce the false narrative you Rats thrive on hoping your targets are too lazy to find out the truth for themselves.....most are.
Very few jobs were created under Bush. That's the point. He has one of the worst job creation reputation in American history despite his awful tax cuts.

Well what is it Republicans?

Which is more important?
- Serving your corporate masters
- Reducing the debt

BULL SHIT... there are people who pay NONE, and even people that get PAID, as in EARNED INCOME CREDIT.

UNDERSTAND?

Moron.

That's what the Democrats don't understand. They try to equate taxes paid through state law as being the same as federal income taxes. If someone pays zero federal income tax, they pay zero state income tax in my state. If they get the EIC, what they get offsets many of those state taxes like property taxes, sales taxes, etc.

What Republicans don't understand is that taxes are still taxes whether they are levied at the local, state or federal level. You still have less money to support your family

What you don't understand is that paying from both isn't the same as only paying from one pocket. If the have less, let them find a better job. If their skills suck so badly they can't, tough shit. That doesn't mean the rest of us should offset that by default.

Good answer...find a better job

There are currently 30 million families who receive some sort of government assistance, lets implement your strategy and find them better jobs

Can you point to the data where there are 30 million "better jobs" available for these people to take?

Let them find their own jobs. Why is it always someone else's place to do for the leeches what they should be doing for themselves? Plenty of people, including myself, didn't expect someonen else to find us a job. Why are those people any different?

Who said they wouldn't?

What I am saying is that we need to be sure there are 30 million unfilled jobs out there before we pull away the safety net

Go ahead and show me the numbers

That's what the Democrats don't understand. They try to equate taxes paid through state law as being the same as federal income taxes. If someone pays zero federal income tax, they pay zero state income tax in my state. If they get the EIC, what they get offsets many of those state taxes like property taxes, sales taxes, etc.

What Republicans don't understand is that taxes are still taxes whether they are levied at the local, state or federal level. You still have less money to support your family

What you don't understand is that paying from both isn't the same as only paying from one pocket. If the have less, let them find a better job. If their skills suck so badly they can't, tough shit. That doesn't mean the rest of us should offset that by default.

There are currently 30 million families who receive some sort of government assistance, lets implement your strategy and find them better jobs

Can you point to the data where there are 30 million "better jobs" available for these people to take?

Let them find their own jobs. Why is it always someone else's place to do for the leeches what they should be doing for themselves? Plenty of people, including myself, didn't expect someonen else to find us a job. Why are those people any different?

Who said they wouldn't?

What I am saying is that we need to be sure there are 30 million unfilled jobs out there before we pull away the safety net

It's not a safety net when it's a lifestyle where they can get more doing nothing than they could earn working based on the skills they offer. What we need to do is cut the net and let you self-proclaimed, good intentioned, do nothing bleeding hearts prove you have compassion by taking in and personally supporting anyone you say doens't have enough.

They aren't my responsibility to support.

Who said they wouldn't?

It's not a safety net when it's a lifestyle where they can get more doing nothing than they could earn working based on the skills they offer.
Why do you people believe this crap? I suppose it makes you feel superior to the poor in believing it, but you are wrong. Do you even know the statistics on food stamps and unemployment benefits? No obviously not.

Who said they wouldn't?

It's not a safety net when it's a lifestyle where they can get more doing nothing than they could earn working based on the skills they offer.
Why do you people believe this crap? I suppose it makes you feel superior to the poor in believing it, but you are wrong. Do you even know the statistics on food stamps and unemployment benefits? No obviously not.

I believe it because I've seen more examples of it that I care to see. When the person using food stamps, which means they've claimed they can't afford to buy their own food, buys beer and cigarettes in a separate transactions using cash, it tells me they're lying about being able to afford their own food. If they have cash to buy those other items, why shouldn't they be using that cash to buy their own food?

All I need to know about those using food stamps is they aren't paying the taxes that fund them then have the gall to demand that those of use funding them on their behalf pay more taxes. I also know that if good intentioned, self proclaimed compassionate bleeding hearts actually cared like you say you do, people like me wouldn't be forced to fund programs you support. You'd do it yourself, go about your business, and make it where the rest of us woudln't be forced to do it your way because you won't.

It would be nice if all these people lounging off us taxpayers EVER considered how we are LOSING our safety NET for our OWN FAMILIES because of them

instead we get threads like this thrown in our faces. but how else does the Democrat party keep those "dependent on the taxpayer/guberment tit" they post crap like the op did from some lefewing hate site called, THE WEAK

this doesn't phase the people in this day and age.

Back in my day a person would cut off their arm first before begging for help off taxpayers

Last edited:
Very few jobs were created under Bush. That's the point. He has one of the worst job creation reputation in American history despite his awful tax cuts.

Another MORON chimes in.....Bush inherited Clinturd's dot.com recession and Clinturd's 9/11....together the two cost us $2T and yet you'd vote for that psychotic pig wife of his. :eusa_snooty:

The Bush tax cuts have kept us afloat during the Kenyan's assault on jobs and wars we'd won before he slithered into the WH.....take them away and even you government do-nothings will feel it.

The Republican Party s top priority is to raise taxes on the poor. Literally. - The Week

Following their convincing victory in the 2014 elections, everyone is wondering what Republicans will do with their new majority in the Senate and House. Well, their policy agenda is becoming clear. It will be unrestrained class warfare against the poor.
This priority was made apparent over the last week during the negotiation of a colossal tax cut package. Senate Democrats and Republicans had been doing some low-key negotiations to renew a slew of tax cuts for corporations and lower- and middle-income Americans, according to reporting from Brian Faler and Rachel Bade at Politico.
Then President Obama announced his executive action on immigration. Enraged Republicans promptly took vengeance on all the goodies for the working poor (as well as for clean energy), cutting them out of the deal and proposing a raft of permanent tax cuts for corporations alone worth $440 billion over 10 years.

I see you are still suffering from The Dumbass Disease. I'm really not surprised.

Obama has made more slaves to government by greatly increasing food stamp usage unnecessarily. That needs to be reduced. Corporate tax cuts will give more jobs so those "poor" people can buy their own damn steaks! Illegals should be deported!

Who said they wouldn't?

It's not a safety net when it's a lifestyle where they can get more doing nothing than they could earn working based on the skills they offer. What we need to do is cut the net and let you self-proclaimed, good intentioned, do nothing bleeding hearts prove you have compassion by taking in and personally supporting anyone you say doens't have enough.

It is a safety net where you work full time at some menial job and still require government assistance to survive. And yet, Republicans first order of business is to pull away that safety net

The Republican Party s top priority is to raise taxes on the poor. Literally. - The Week

Following their convincing victory in the 2014 elections, everyone is wondering what Republicans will do with their new majority in the Senate and House. Well, their policy agenda is becoming clear. It will be unrestrained class warfare against the poor.
This priority was made apparent over the last week during the negotiation of a colossal tax cut package. Senate Democrats and Republicans had been doing some low-key negotiations to renew a slew of tax cuts for corporations and lower- and middle-income Americans, according to reporting from Brian Faler and Rachel Bade at Politico.
Then President Obama announced his executive action on immigration. Enraged Republicans promptly took vengeance on all the goodies for the working poor (as well as for clean energy), cutting them out of the deal and proposing a raft of permanent tax cuts for corporations alone worth $440 billion over 10 years.

I see you are still suffering from The Dumbass Disease. I'm really not surprised.

Obama has made more slaves to government by greatly increasing food stamp usage unnecessarily. That needs to be reduced. Corporate tax cuts will give more jobs so those "poor" people can buy their own damn steaks! Illegals should be deported!

Why does feeding the needy need to be reduced?

We gave Corporate Tax Cuts under Bush with the promise of more jobs. Rather than create more jobs, they just kept the money

Fool me once....

Who said they wouldn't?

I believe it because I've seen more examples of it that I care to see. When the person using food stamps, which means they've claimed they can't afford to buy their own food, buys beer and cigarettes in a separate transactions using cash, it tells me they're lying about being able to afford their own food. If they have cash to buy those other items, why shouldn't they be using that cash to buy their own food?

All I need to know about those using food stamps is they aren't paying the taxes that fund them then have the gall to demand that those of use funding them on their behalf pay more taxes. I also know that if good intentioned, self proclaimed compassionate bleeding hearts actually cared like you say you do, people like me wouldn't be forced to fund programs you support. You'd do it yourself, go about your business, and make it where the rest of us woudln't be forced to do it your way because you won't.
You're trying to make anecdotal cases as evidence of the program which isn't evidence at all. How do you know food stamps recipients do this? Where is the evidence? Now it is possible that SOME recipients do what you claim, However you are generalizing them. The average household on food stamps makes $766 a MONTH. The average recipient receives $133 a month in benefits. 76% of recipients have at least one dependent in the home (mostly children). They receive 83% of all food stamps funding.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Feeding America

Who said they wouldn't?

It is a safety net where you work full time at some menial job and still require government assistance to survive. And yet, Republicans first order of business is to pull away that safety net

If someone has the skill level to only work a menial job, it's not a safety net. It's someone with skills subsidizing the results of someone else's lack of having any. Something isn't called a safety net when the person using it is where they are of their own doing and lack of marketability. A safety net is when a person slips not when they are where they are because it's the only place they have the ability to be.

Another MORON chimes in.....Bush inherited Clinturd's dot.com recession and Clinturd's 9/11....together the two cost us $2T and yet you'd vote for that psychotic pig wife of his. :eusa_snooty:

The Bush tax cuts have kept us afloat during the Kenyan's assault on jobs and wars we'd won before he slithered into the WH.....take them away and even you government do-nothings will feel it.
You're an idiot. What caused the recession in Bush's early years is not the point. The point is that Job growth under Bush was pathetic. This idea that his cuts "floated" us anywhere is just something you made up in your tiny mind.

http://theweek.com/article/index/27...ority-is-to-raise-taxes-on-the-poor-literally

Why does feeding the needy need to be reduced?

We gave Corporate Tax Cuts under Bush with the promise of more jobs. Rather than create more jobs, they just kept the money

Fool me once....

Oh, you been fooled WAY MORE than once.....but keep repeating the same lie after it's been disproved over and over again....maybe your American Idol voters will believe you over their lying eyes eh, wrongwinger? Just for the hell of it, how about linking us to corporations "keeping the money"...you mean their money right? Who should have gotten it, the government? Why? Did they help earn a cent of it? No. See how it works?

You're an idiot. What caused the recession in Bush's early years is not the point. The point is that Job growth under Bush was pathetic. This idea that his cuts "floated" us anywhere is just something you made up in your tiny mind.

Too stupid to bother with.

The working poor pay taxes at the same time they struggle to support their families

That is what Republicans don't understand

we are talking about INCOME taxes, asshole. would you have the poor pay no sales taxes as well? or maybe the govt should give them free food----oops they already do.

Who said they wouldn't?

If someone has the skill level to only work a menial job, it's not a safety net. It's someone with skills subsidizing the results of someone else's lack of having any. Something isn't called a safety net when the person using it is where they are of their own doing and lack of marketability. A safety net is when a person slips not when they are where they are because it's the only place they have the ability to be.
All of this safety net garbage can be resolved if we raised the minimum wage to a level people can live off of. $15 an hour would he kept up with today's inflation. If it was raised gradually over a few years the market would have time to respond. A few thousand jobs may be lost initially, but the increase in consumer spending would inevitably create jobs. Very few people would be on food stamps and more could pay taxes. Everybody wins.

Forum List

Back