Republicans are clueless when it comes to fixing the economy

Uh-huh. Democrats have been in control of the Congress since 2006...Obama has had almost 6 years to do something...his BUDGETS aren't voted for even from his own party...and it's getting WORSE.

Try again Billy-Bub.:eusa_hand: Drop the partisan shit. And YES Republicans are the problem as well.

DUMBASS.

Yes I agree the congressional dems are useless. There's a reason why repubs kicked ass in 2010. However, nothing has changed since then.

What's the difference? Why am I bashing on republicans? It's because I gave an example of a Democratic economic solution that WORKED. Republicans on the other hand haven't done dick to create jobs.

Uh-huh. Democrats have been in control of the Congress since 2006...Obama has had almost 6 years to do something...his BUDGETS aren't voted for even from his own party...and it's getting WORSE.

Try again Billy-Bub.:eusa_hand: Drop the partisan shit. And YES Republicans are the problem as well.

DUMBASS.

Yes I agree the congressional dems are useless. There's a reason why repubs kicked ass in 2010. However, nothing has changed since then.

What's the difference? Why am I bashing on republicans? It's because I gave an example of a Democratic economic solution that WORKED. Republicans on the other hand haven't done dick to create jobs.

Obama's BUDGET can't be passed. How long has it been since there was a BUDGET and not this stinkin' CR? Hmm? Face it? Democrats...TAX...SPEND.
Pillage, Plunder...

If the economic policies of Obama and the Democrats was working they would not have gotten pounded in the 2010 midterms they would have won back the House and increased there majority in the Senate in 2012 and would not be in danger of losing control of the Senate this year.

umhmmm, how many time are they going post this..?
and as we see the Dear Leader is even worse at it...

thread fail

And yet you can't explain why it's wrong.

I don't need to explain anything.... I'M LIVING AND SUFFERING through it....

how about, pay $3.00 for a gallon of gas for SIX YEARS now, food prices, I can barely afford hamburger forget steak..taxes raised, less job opportunities...and I could on but why bother...
but you can keep making excuse for him like a good useful tool subject for a party by blaming everyone else, ho hum the usual

3 dollars for a gallon of gas?.....we are at $4 right now $4.25 for the good stuff....

If the economic policies of Obama and the Democrats was working they would not have gotten pounded in the 2010 midterms they would have won back the House and increased there majority in the Senate in 2012 and would not be in danger of losing control of the Senate this year.

Just because no one knew the stimulus worked, doesn't mean it didn't.

Last edited:

Wow what logic unlike you it seems I think people are actually smart enough to know when something did or did not work.The fact is if the stimulus had worked the Democratic party would be in a much better place than it is right now deny if you wish it changes nothing.

You gotta love this from the turd article:

“[Solyndra is]… supposedly a case study in ineptitude, cronyism, and the failure of green industrial policy. Republicans investigated for a year, held more than a dozen hearings, and subpoenaed hundreds of thousands of documents, but they uncovered no evidence of wrongdoing….Solyndra was a start-up that failed. It happens.”

Wrongdoing.....?? A start up using what ? Oh Government dollars......

On 1 September 2011, the company ceased all business activity, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, and laid off all employees, costing taxpayers over $500 million.

But here you go junior...back when it counted.

Obama's Stimulus: A Documented Failure | CNS News

“[Solyndra is]… supposedly a case study in ineptitude, cronyism, and the failure of green industrial policy. Republicans investigated for a year, held more than a dozen hearings, and subpoenaed hundreds of thousands of documents, but they uncovered no evidence of wrongdoing….Solyndra was a start-up that failed. It happens.”

On 1 September 2011, the company ceased all business activity, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, and laid off all employees, costing taxpayers over $500 million.

Are you incapable of basic reading comprehension? I made it clear the stimulus did not fix the high unemployment rate. It's because it was too small you asswipe. We lost 8 million jobs from the 2008 crisis. However, the stimulus still created 2.5 million jobs. Its biggest flaw is that it was too small.

I love how you use what my article said about Solyndra as the basis for it being wrong. Face it, you are wrong and you can't explain why I am wrong.

Idiot.

Are you incapable of basic reading comprehension? I made it clear the stimulus did not fix the high unemployment rate. It's because it was too small you asswipe. We lost 8 million jobs from the 2008 crisis. However, the stimulus still created 2.5 million jobs. Its biggest flaw is that it was too small.

I love how you use what my article said about Solyndra as the basis for it being wrong. Face it, you are wrong and you can't explain why I am wrong.

Idiot.

Well, turdboy, if you are going to use articles that make such stupid statements, I am going to point them out.

The stimulus supposedly saved a number of jobs....but your job creations numbers are way to heroworshipful. As to it being to small. All you need to is work for a company that sat on it's cash because of Obama and you'll know why it was a failure.

I worked for one that took literally hundreds of millions of dollars of capital intended for use in NA and redirected it overseas....all based on uncertainty about Obama and his meddling in markets, using so-called stimulus, and promises of more stupidity.

Yep, it worked allright. You'll quote anything that supports your love for Obama.

Idiot.

Well, turdboy, if you are going to use articles that make such stupid statements, I am going to point them out.

The stimulus supposedly saved a number of jobs....but your job creations numbers are way to heroworshipful. As to it being to small. All you need to is work for a company that sat on it's cash because of Obama and you'll know why it was a failure.

I worked for one that took literally hundreds of millions of dollars of capital intended for use in NA and redirected it overseas....all based on uncertainty about Obama and his meddling in markets, using so-called stimulus, and promises of more stupidity.

Yep, it worked allright. You'll quote anything that supports your love for Obama.

Oh stop you're just running your mouth with anecdotal bullshit blah blah blah no one gives a shit.

Wow what logic unlike you it seems I think people are actually smart enough to know when something did or did not work.The fact is if the stimulus had worked the Democratic party would be in a much better place than it is right now deny if you wish it changes nothing.

I wonder what economists think.

Turns out 80% of economists agree the stimulus deflected unemployment by the end of 2010. Also in 2010, economists were insisting that the stimulus needed to be even bigger.

What makes more sense: that the vast majority of the community of experts that studies economics for a living is wrong, or that the public was misinformed about the situation during an ideological war on cable news?

February 23, 2013
CBO gives Obama's stimulus an F
Dan Joppich

The Congressional Budget Office issued its quarterly report yesterday to the sound of crickets from the mainstream media (find it here).

Why would this report be Liberal Kryptonite? Because way back on page 8 we learn the lasting legacy of Obama's and the Democrats' ultimate spending spree in the name of recovery (bolds are mine):

ARRA's Long-Run Effects

In contrast to its positive near-term macroeconomic effects, ARRA will reduce output slightly in the long run, CBO estimates-by between zero and 0.2 percent after 2016...

ARRA's long-run impact on the economy will stem primarily from the resulting increase in government debt. To the extent that people hold their wealth in government securities rather than in a form that can be used to finance private investment, the increased debt tends to reduce the stock of productive private capital. In the long run, each dollar of additional debt crowds out about a third of a dollar's worth of private domestic capital, CBO estimates...

Over the long term, the output of the economy depends on the stock of productive capital, the supply of labor, and productivity. The less productive capital there is as a result of lower private investment, the smaller will be the nation's output over the long run.

So let me paraphrase what the CBO is saying here:

Government spending bad, private spending good.

Over the long run the stimulus will have a negative effect on the economy and the primary reason is due to government money crowding out private investment and the resulting unpaid debt will be a drag on the economy. It is also clear from the CBO's comments that private investment is "productive capital" and government investment is generously referred to as "less productive".

So what about the lasting effect of the $878 billion "investment" that has been 90% spent? Again from the CBO report:

CBO estimates that ARRA's policies had the following effects in the fourth quarter of calendar year 2012 compared with what would have occurred otherwise:

• They raised real (inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product (GDP) by between 0.1 percent and 0.6 percent,

• They lowered the unemployment rate by between 0.1 percentage points and 0.4 percentage points,

• They increased the number of people employed by between 0.1 million and 0.8 million, and

• They increased the number of full-time-equivalent jobs by 0.1 million to 0.8 million.

The effects of ARRA on output peaked in the first half of 2010 and have since diminished, CBO estimates. The effects of ARRA on employment are estimated to lag slightly behind the effects on output; CBO estimates that the employment effects began to wane at the end of 2010 and continued to do so through the fourth quarter of 2012. Still, CBO estimates that, compared with what would have occurred otherwise, ARRA raised real GDP in 2012 by between 0.1 percent and 0.8 percent and increased the number of people employed in 2012 by between 0.2 million and 1.1 million.

No mention here of 3.5 million jobs saved or created. After four years and almost a trillion dollars in stimulus payments, all we have to show for it is 113,691 full time equivalent jobs, $16 trillion in debt that will never be repaid, 7.9% unemployment, 14.5% real unemployment, negative GDP, and continuing record deficits.

Based on this report card, Obama gets an A for rhetoric but an F for results.

Blog: CBO gives Obama's stimulus an F

Let me know when you get tired or being made out to be ignorant ....

Keep your hands off the keyboard and say "UNCLE" ....

Clueless?? HAHA. Most repubs want to deport illegals and take away the benefits we give these invaders who are destroying america like they already did CA. They also want to reduce the welfare state that encourages all the deadbeat democrats to live off working white people.

February 23, 2013
Dan Joppich

The Congressional Budget Office issued its quarterly report yesterday to the sound of crickets from the mainstream media (find it here).

Why would this report be Liberal Kryptonite? Because way back on page 8 we learn the lasting legacy of Obama's and the Democrats' ultimate spending spree in the name of recovery (bolds are mine):

ARRA's Long-Run Effects

In contrast to its positive near-term macroeconomic effects, ARRA will reduce output slightly in the long run, CBO estimates-by between zero and 0.2 percent after 2016...

ARRA's long-run impact on the economy will stem primarily from the resulting increase in government debt. To the extent that people hold their wealth in government securities rather than in a form that can be used to finance private investment, the increased debt tends to reduce the stock of productive private capital. In the long run, each dollar of additional debt crowds out about a third of a dollar's worth of private domestic capital, CBO estimates...

Over the long term, the output of the economy depends on the stock of productive capital, the supply of labor, and productivity. The less productive capital there is as a result of lower private investment, the smaller will be the nation's output over the long run.

Over the long run the stimulus will have a negative effect on the economy and the primary reason is due to government money crowding out private investment and the resulting unpaid debt will be a drag on the economy. It is also clear from the CBO's comments that private investment is "productive capital" and government investment is generously referred to as "less productive".

So what about the lasting effect of the $878 billion "investment" that has been 90% spent? Again from the CBO report:

CBO estimates that ARRA's policies had the following effects in the fourth quarter of calendar year 2012 compared with what would have occurred otherwise:

• They raised real (inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product (GDP) by between 0.1 percent and 0.6 percent,

• They lowered the unemployment rate by between 0.1 percentage points and 0.4 percentage points,

• They increased the number of people employed by between 0.1 million and 0.8 million, and

• They increased the number of full-time-equivalent jobs by 0.1 million to 0.8 million.

The effects of ARRA on output peaked in the first half of 2010 and have since diminished, CBO estimates. The effects of ARRA on employment are estimated to lag slightly behind the effects on output; CBO estimates that the employment effects began to wane at the end of 2010 and continued to do so through the fourth quarter of 2012. Still, CBO estimates that, compared with what would have occurred otherwise, ARRA raised real GDP in 2012 by between 0.1 percent and 0.8 percent and increased the number of people employed in 2012 by between 0.2 million and 1.1 million.

No mention here of 3.5 million jobs saved or created. After four years and almost a trillion dollars in stimulus payments, all we have to show for it is 113,691 full time equivalent jobs, $16 trillion in debt that will never be repaid, 7.9% unemployment, 14.5% real unemployment, negative GDP, and continuing record deficits.

Don't be stupid about this. The economy lost 8 million jobs. The stimulus created 2.5 million jobs. Your article only makes mention about the political failure of the stimulus. The 2.5 million number comes from the CBO, Moody, and JP Morgan. Yes the stimulus did little to help the economy but, once again, it was because it was too small assclown. It had to be bigger.

How many fucking times do I need to explain this?

Idiot.

Oh stop you're just running your mouth with anecdotal bullshit blah blah blah no one gives a shit.

What's the matter doofus. Can't stand that everything isn't constant ?

Sorry....

Anecdote this....jackass.

Companies sitting on cash pile of over $1 trillion

Why is this happening? They seem uncomfortable spending the money. Why? The commentary seems to indicate they don't have a lot of visibility or confidence in future growth.

February 23, 2013
Dan Joppich

ARRA's Long-Run Effects

Don't be stupid about this. The economy lost 8 million jobs. The stimulus created 2.5 million jobs. Your article only makes mention about the political failure of the stimulus. The 2.5 million number comes from the CBO, Moody, and JP Morgan. Yes the stimulus did little to help the economy but, once again, it was because it was too small assclown. It had to be bigger.

Look you fucking dick licking moron the report WAS from the CBO

Fucking moronic faggot, go fuck your self .....

No shit jackass. The CBO stated it created 2.5 million jobs. Obviously it would give it an F if the economy lost 8 million jobs in the first place. The fucking obvious point I am making is that the stimulus created jobs. It just didn't create enough because it was too small.

I feel like I am talking to children.

What's the matter doofus. Can't stand that everything isn't constant ?

Sorry....

Anecdote this....jackass.

Companies sitting on cash pile of over $1 trillion

Why is this happening? They seem uncomfortable spending the money. Why? The commentary seems to indicate they don't have a lot of visibility or confidence in future growth.

Not near as significant as you think.

If you go back to Q4 2007, there was $142 billion in buybacks, Q3 2007 there was $172 billion...For the S&P 500, the payout ratio (the dollar amount companies are paying out as a percentage of earnings) is currently 36 percent; in Q3 2007 it was 45.8 percent.

It's not like those companies would have been sitting on zero dollars if we'd elected McCain in 2008. Real change in the economy won't come from increasing the profits of corporations, which Obama has done anyway. Real change in the economy will only come when the low and middle classes have spending money.

umhmmm, how many time are they going post this..?
and as we see the Dear Leader is even worse at it...

thread fail

And yet you can't explain why it's wrong.

I think people here have simply grown tired of entertaining your asshattery. If you choose to go through life ignorant and stupid then that's your choice. My outcome will always be better than yours, so I don't care.

No shit jackass. The CBO stated it created 2.5 million jobs. Obviously it would give it an F if the economy lost 8 million jobs in the first place. The fucking obvious point I am making is that the stimulus created jobs. It just didn't create enough because it was too small.

I feel like I am talking to children.

Actually, you're acting like a child.

There is no way to know what would have happened if there had been no stimulus. How the CBO pretends to know this has always been a mystery (the same way that Obamacare was supposed to save money but it isn't.....thanks CBO).

So your overt claims are simply nothing more than a temper tantrum. Maybe you consider scenarios based on historic performance and develop a probability/confidence curve for job creation. That might attract some attention.

Not your hissy fits.

Forum List

Back