Republicans are clueless when it comes to fixing the economy

Isn't it a little pathetic that the only economic solution republicans have for fixing the economy are tax cuts for the wealthy? Guess what? Tax cuts for the wealthy only help the wealthy. Why? Because stimulating supply side means dick if you don't stimulate demand side. Obama understood this. Republicans didn't. 4.6 jobs per million dollar cut is all Bush has to show for. That and the billions it added to our national debt. (Let's not forget the 10 trillion of our 17 trillion debt is from Bush's time as president).

I think it is pathetic that your only solution is lying about what Republicans want, but what do I know?

According to the CBO, JP Morgan, and Moody, Obama's stimulus package created 2.5 million jobs. Why wasn't enough? Because republicans insisted it be smaller. But why? 280 billion of the 787 billion spent was TAX CUTS. Why did those tax cuts create jobs? Because it included the biggest tax cut for the middle class since Reagan. Not only that, but it included the extension of unemployment insurance. Unemployed people who would otherwise be not spending money were spending money. Those benefits were spent immediately on basic necessities like food, clothing and shelter. That extra demand created jobs. 19000 jobs per billion dollar unemployment benefits. This is an example of DEMAND side economics in action.

I love it, tax cuts create jobs when Obama does them, but fail completely when Bush does the exact same thing. I wonder what the difference is.

Why would more tax cuts for the wealthy be useless? Well obviously because corporate profits are at an all time high and 1% of the top earners own 40% of the nation's wealth. More tax cuts for the wealthy would do dick to create jobs. That is republican's ONLY economic solution. That makes them useless.

Making things up again, even more pathetic.

What is the solution? More DEMAND side economic policies like the stimulus that is proven to work. Bigger this time so it will make a difference. Does that mean more national debt? Of course, but tax cutting means more debt as well. The difference is that Obama's economic policies work. Unfortunately 2.5 million jobs wasn't enough to make a dent in the 8 million jobs we lost from the 2008 crisis. Like I said, BIGGER.

I get it now, tax cuts from Obama are magic.

Here is a non partisan analysis that confirms everything that I have said here. Proof the stimulus worked.

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/poli...he-obama-stimulus-a-success-or-a-failure.html

Let me guess, it is non partisan because you agree with it, right?

Here is an article from Moody that explains why extending unemployment benefits creates jobs.

Why Extended Federal Unemployment Benefits Boost the Economy

That is not from Moody's, it is from a woman that sells people get rich quick schemes.

BmMJUJ_CQAAFfUq.png

Isn't it a little pathetic that the only economic solution republicans have for fixing the economy are tax cuts for the wealthy? Guess what? Tax cuts for the wealthy only help the wealthy. Why? Because stimulating supply side means dick if you don't stimulate demand side. Obama understood this. Republicans didn't. 4.6 jobs per million dollar cut is all Bush has to show for. That and the billions it added to our national debt. (Let's not forget the 10 trillion of our 17 trillion debt is from Bush's time as president).

According to the CBO, JP Morgan, and Moody, Obama's stimulus package created 2.5 million jobs. Why wasn't enough? Because republicans insisted it be smaller. But why? 280 billion of the 787 billion spent was TAX CUTS. Why did those tax cuts create jobs? Because it included the biggest tax cut for the middle class since Reagan. Not only that, but it included the extension of unemployment insurance. Unemployed people who would otherwise be not spending money were spending money. Those benefits were spent immediately on basic necessities like food, clothing and shelter. That extra demand created jobs. 19000 jobs per billion dollar unemployment benefits. This is an example of DEMAND side economics in action.

Why would more tax cuts for the wealthy be useless? Well obviously because corporate profits are at an all time high and 1% of the top earners own 40% of the nation's wealth. More tax cuts for the wealthy would do dick to create jobs. That is republican's ONLY economic solution. That makes them useless.

What is the solution? More DEMAND side economic policies like the stimulus that is proven to work. Bigger this time so it will make a difference. Does that mean more national debt? Of course, but tax cutting means more debt as well. The difference is that Obama's economic policies work. Unfortunately 2.5 million jobs wasn't enough to make a dent in the 8 million jobs we lost from the 2008 crisis. Like I said, BIGGER.

Here is a non partisan analysis that confirms everything that I have said here. Proof the stimulus worked.

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/poli...he-obama-stimulus-a-success-or-a-failure.html

Here is an article from Moody that explains why extending unemployment benefits creates jobs.

Baa baa black sheep
Have you any wool?
The Treasury is writing checks
To sate the White House full.

Baa baa black sheep
Paste it on the Pubs
Smear them good with calumny
When Bambam flubs.

Uh-huh. Democrats have been in control of the Congress since 2006...Obama has had almost 6 years to do something...his BUDGETS aren't voted for even from his own party...and it's getting WORSE.

Try again Billy-Bub.:eusa_hand: Drop the partisan shit. And YES Republicans are the problem as well.

DUMBASS.

Yes I agree the congressional dems are useless. There's a reason why repubs kicked ass in 2010. However, nothing has changed since then.

What's the difference? Why am I bashing on republicans? It's because I gave an example of a Democratic economic solution that WORKED. Republicans on the other hand haven't done dick to create jobs.

Obama's BUDGET can't be passed. How long has it been since there was a BUDGET and not this stinkin' CR? Hmm? Face it? Democrats...TAX...SPEND.
Pillage, Plunder...
And then project
With libel's thunder

:badgrin:

It is such a typical USMB tactic to do random googling just to win an argument.

What he is saying is that based on how little the stimulus did, it wasn't worth the added debt. However, it was because it was too small. Are you really this dumb?

Hey guess what? Bush's tax cuts have added more to our debt than the stimulus ever did.

Oh I am following quite closely headed right where I want to go ...

So what you are saying the $17.xxx trillion debt is JUST NOT ENOUGH, you will not be happy till you have indebted your future generations with no fore thought at all.

Wasn't a big enough failure for this administration?? I mean hell if you are going to have a catastrophic administration why not shoot for the Gold, right!!

I mean you folks need to collapse the whole economy before your will be happy, and who the fuck do you think will ride in on their black horses and save us??

So what you doing is a failure, but you want to double down on it, got it ....
[Wink, wink .....]

You know it's a hail mary talking point when they ignore the elephant sitting where reality bites.

th
2014: Bambam's failure to control the National Debt Clock in Real Time:​
$17,850,000,000,000.00​
And BamBam's little harpies sing it all together: :lalala:

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Sick of Obama's going on $Eighteen Trillion Dollar Debt? End it by voting in a Republican majority in the House and Senate.

We will be ending the spending and all of the spinning!

img.php

Last edited:

You need to get your memes straight. The economy is doing fantastic The Dow is at an all time high. Unemployment is low. Obama did fix the economy. What are you talking about? So what if fewer people are working today than on George Bush's worst day? So what is gas prices are skyrocketing? So what if government dependence is at an all time high. Obama fixed it! All hail, Obama!

And yet you can't explain why it's wrong.

I don't need to explain anything.... I'M LIVING AND SUFFERING through it....

how about, pay $3.00 for a gallon of gas for SIX YEARS now, food prices, I can barely afford hamburger forget steak..taxes raised, less job opportunities...and I could on but why bother...
but you can keep making excuse for him like a good useful tool subject for a party by blaming everyone else, ho hum the usual

3 dollars for a gallon of gas?.....we are at $4 right now $4.25 for the good stuff....

Depends where you are. It's hovered between $3.15 and $3.30 where I am for several years now, and given the cost of living here, that's likely the equivalent of $1 more per gallon where you are.

You need to get your memes straight. The economy is doing fantastic The Dow is at an all time high. Unemployment is low. Obama did fix the economy. What are you talking about? So what if fewer people are working today than on George Bush's worst day? So what is gas prices are skyrocketing? So what if government dependence is at an all time high. Obama fixed it! All hail, Obama!
Yep. Stormclouds gather, and all we hear is "Perfect Day" from the weathermen. :rolleyes:

Clueless?? HAHA. Most repubs want to deport illegals and take away the benefits we give these invaders who are destroying america like they already did CA. They also want to reduce the welfare state that encourages all the deadbeat democrats to live off working white people.

i think the policies enacted by the State Govt did more to do Ca in than the illegals....we have always had illegals here.....

Both parties are...

Education
Science
infrastructure
A pro-American trade policy
Some major reforms
r&d investment

All this made us the super power we became after the second world war. Think about it.

I don't understand. These are the things Republicans are against and Democrats are for. If you need me to explain, I gladly will.

Both parties are...

Education
Science
infrastructure
A pro-American trade policy
Some major reforms
r&d investment

All this made us the super power we became after the second world war. Think about it.

I don't understand. These are the things Republicans are against and Democrats are for. If you need me to explain, I gladly will.

Oh shit. The village idiot has jumped in to defend Billy's honor. This should be good.

Each and every time I hear "Tax cuts for the wealthy" I realize two things about the person who says it.

1. He or she is not able to understand how economies work, and;
2. He or she would simply ignore any explanation and evidence given to them as to why they are wrong.

So, have a nice day.

Forum List

Back