"Republicans finally admit there is no Benghazi scandal"

When you've got an Administration that's actively working to hide the truth from Congress...as the Obama White House did when they reclassified the Ben Rhodes email to Top Secret...should it surprise anyone that investigations DON'T reveal the truth? Take a good hard look at the White House's stance during those early investigations, Bulldog. They were declaring that they had given Congress everything that they had on Benghazi when we now know that was not the case. They lied to Congress and they lied to the American people. That's why this has dragged out for as long as it has!

Wrong on so many counts. This dragged out for so long because the RNC and fox believed it was a way to keep their base stirred up. They were right, and there would be even more investigations if the majority of dittoheads had a stomach for it. Nothing more to it.

Come on, Bulldog...this has dragged on for as long as it has because the Obama people stonewalled the investigation of Benghazi before the 2012 elections.

You know better. The GOP knows better. Some right wing nuts just aren't able to let it go. Keep it up.......It illustrates the craziness of the right.

I hate to point out the blatantly obvious, Bulldog but the Obama Administration now has a long history of stonewalling investigations into scandals. Fast & Furious, the IRS and Benghazi. It's what they DO.

I think the real scandal is the phony investigations and trying to somehow link those to the Obama Administration these Republicans have pursued. How many convictions do they have?
Have they arrested that super villain Lois Lerner yet?

Unfortunately Lois Lerner is living comfortably on her pension after depriving the very Americans who PAY that pension their rights under the Constitution.

Anyone expecting convictions of a liberal as long as Eric Holder is running the Justice Department is about as delusional as they come.

How long did watergate drag out?

Watergate? The capturing of Nixon's plumbers in the middle of a burglary was merely the tip of the iceberg of the investigation into Nixon's corrupt activities. They had evidence of a crime on day one. No correlation to the current phony GOP led witch hunts.

With all due respect, Boo...the "crime" that Richard Nixon committed didn't take place on day one of the Watergate break-in. His crimes were committed over the following months as his administration tried to stonewall the investigation leading up to the election that year.
Who was it that said it was a protest? In the initial confusion following the attacks it was labeled as one but that claim was rather quickly disproved by virtually EVERYONE who was there! So when the CIA did their "extensive research" into Benghazi how is it possible that they arrived at a "best estimate" that was 100% incorrect? Who was it that was pushing that claim that a protest took place before the attack other than the State Department and the White House?
How was their best estimate "100% incorrect?" I dunno, maybe because it was produced by the same personnel who said there were stockpiles of WMD in Iraq in 2002? That was also 100% incorrect.

I understand you are trying to defeat Hillary now so you don't have to in 2016, but you're failing miserably by using hindsight as your best weapon.

It's a simple question, Boo. How could the CIA possibly have gotten it so wrong for so long when EVERYBODY involved was telling them there was no protest that night in Benghazi? Libyan officials made that clear. The streaming video made that clear. The surviving Americans who were there made that clear. Even a very dead Ambassador Stevens made it clear because he mentioned nothing about a protest taking place an hour and a half before the attack began when he walked that Turkish diplomat out to the front gates of the consulate. Surely if there WAS a protest, Stevens would have noted it? On a red letter day like 9/11 when he was already deeply concerned about security levels? Yet your best answer is "I dunno..."?

You make such a damming case. Why didn't all those republican led investigations pick upon some of your claims? Are you saying the leading republicans in charge of all those separate investigations are incompetent, or are they secretly Democrats who are helping with a cover up? Trey Goudy and Darrell Issa........Double agents for the DNC. Someone should investigate that.

When you've got an Administration that's actively working to hide the truth from Congress...as the Obama White House did when they reclassified the Ben Rhodes email to Top Secret...should it surprise anyone that investigations DON'T reveal the truth? Take a good hard look at the White House's stance during those early investigations, Bulldog. They were declaring that they had given Congress everything that they had on Benghazi when we now know that was not the case. They lied to Congress and they lied to the American people. That's why this has dragged out for as long as it has!
It's already a given ... there can be another dozen investigations. Dreamers are going to drag this out until after the 2016 elections. It will then be brought to the forefront again when Hillary is running for re-election in 2020. The RWN strategy is transparent.

What's amusing is that the same liberals that were happy to drag out the original investigations until AFTER the 2012 elections now demand that they be concluded as quickly as possible BEFORE the 2016 elections. Sorry, Kiddies...you made the bed...climb in and get comfy!

Watergate? The capturing of Nixon's plumbers in the middle of a burglary was merely the tip of the iceberg of the investigation into Nixon's corrupt activities. They had evidence of a crime on day one. No correlation to the current phony GOP led witch hunts.

With all due respect, Boo...the "crime" that Richard Nixon committed didn't take place on day one of the Watergate break-in. His crimes were committed over the following months as his administration tried to stonewall the investigation leading up to the election that year.
How was their best estimate "100% incorrect?" I dunno, maybe because it was produced by the same personnel who said there were stockpiles of WMD in Iraq in 2002? That was also 100% incorrect.

I understand you are trying to defeat Hillary now so you don't have to in 2016, but you're failing miserably by using hindsight as your best weapon.

It's a simple question, Boo. How could the CIA possibly have gotten it so wrong for so long when EVERYBODY involved was telling them there was no protest that night in Benghazi? Libyan officials made that clear. The streaming video made that clear. The surviving Americans who were there made that clear. Even a very dead Ambassador Stevens made it clear because he mentioned nothing about a protest taking place an hour and a half before the attack began when he walked that Turkish diplomat out to the front gates of the consulate. Surely if there WAS a protest, Stevens would have noted it? On a red letter day like 9/11 when he was already deeply concerned about security levels? Yet your best answer is "I dunno..."?

You make such a damming case. Why didn't all those republican led investigations pick upon some of your claims? Are you saying the leading republicans in charge of all those separate investigations are incompetent, or are they secretly Democrats who are helping with a cover up? Trey Goudy and Darrell Issa........Double agents for the DNC. Someone should investigate that.

It's already a given ... there can be another dozen investigations. Dreamers are going to drag this out until after the 2016 elections. It will then be brought to the forefront again when Hillary is running for re-election in 2020. The RWN strategy is transparent.

What's amusing is that the same liberals that were happy to drag out the original investigations until AFTER the 2012 elections now demand that they be concluded as quickly as possible BEFORE the 2016 elections. Sorry, Kiddies...you made the bed...climb in and get comfy!

Your head is overheating again. You got a single example of anyone other than a teabagger wanting to drag out all those so called investigations?

OS 10352699
the Obama Administration now has a long history of stonewalling investigations into scandals

So there are no scandals by the Obama Administration. Just 'stonewalling' investigations into scandals. That is not what you've been saying for two years has it?

How many investigations were there into the IRS scandal before "miraculously" they found some 30,000 of Lois Lerner's emails? When people are deliberately hiding evidence you keep investigating until you discover the truth. If you don't then you encourage governmental officials to lie and hide the truth from us in the future.

How long did watergate drag out?

You're lying again, Dreamer. It wasn't an "obviously" incorrect claim. It may be obvious now but it wasn't at the time. There were many conflicting reports, some saying it was a protest, others saying it wasn't. It was researched extensively by our intelligence community and within a few days, the best estimate they had was that it was a protest. The CIA was not the only department to believe it was a protest.

I know it sucks for you Dreamers to have 7 independent GOP-led investigations fail miserably to skewer Obama and Clinton, but life's a bitch. Time to move on to your next conspiracy or ride this one into crazy town like the Truthers and Birthers did.

Who was it that said it was a protest? In the initial confusion following the attacks it was labeled as one but that claim was rather quickly disproved by virtually EVERYONE who was there! So when the CIA did their "extensive research" into Benghazi how is it possible that they arrived at a "best estimate" that was 100% incorrect? Who was it that was pushing that claim that a protest took place before the attack other than the State Department and the White House?

It's all outlined in the report from the 7th investigation. I provided a link to it in my last post.

By the way ... I'm still waiting for that proof of yours that the White House classified Rhodes' email so that Congress couldn't see it ....

I take it that you have seen the Rhodes email, Faun? That was reclassified to a Top Secret status supposedly for national security reasons. So would you like to take a crack at telling me what is in that exchange between Rhodes and Rice that in any way would endanger national security? What is in THAT email that would make it a sensitive national security issue that even Congress wouldn't be allowed to see?
Why are you asking me to prove you right?? Neither of us are qualified to determine what may have been viewed as a valid reason to classify that email. That has nothing to do with your claim, which you stated as fact, that it was classified in order to prevent Congress from viewing it.

This is now the third request I'm making for proof of your unsubstantiated claim.

My first request was met with feigned indignation. My second request was answered with questions. Still no proof. Hopefully, I'll fare better a third time. :dunno:

Show me your posts complaining about the Tillman scandal and I will conclude that your concern over Benghazi is not political bullshit.

Because THAT is essentially what Hillary Clinton's State Department DID!
"Essentially"

Rightwingnut code word for -- can't prove it, but not going to stop believing because it's a Liberal and they have got to be guilty somehow.

Do you now want to argue that the State Department DIDN'T draw down the number of US security officers in Libya from 30 to 9, Faun? You won't concede ANYTHING today...will you?
I don't know what you're smoking Dreamer, there's nothing for me to concede. I have seven GOP investigations backing me up. Soon it will be 8 as soon as they finish the one on-going investigation. You? You have your Dreamer conspiracy.

OS 10352699
the Obama Administration now has a long history of stonewalling investigations into scandals

So there are no scandals by the Obama Administration. Just 'stonewalling' investigations into scandals. That is not what you've been saying for two years has it?

Example of stonewalling as defined by the right. When are you going to stop beating your wife? If you don't answer, you're stonewalling

Jesus H. Christ on a crutch. I heard them myself on TV for two weeks lying their asses off about Benghazi.

But you cannot provide one transcript of anyone from the administration lying about Benghazi. What you think you heard has no relationship with reality, substance, context or truth.

What I think I heard?? LMAO boy are you an idiot.

I heard it as did everyone watching TV. They lied plain and simple. Why they lied?? Who knows but lie they did.

WOW guess you don't watch much TV.

Clau 10352670
We all know they blamed it on a demonstration, a demonstration that by the way never took place at the consulate, about a video.

Intelligent and informed people don't "know that". There's two parts to what most of us know. The protests around the world were blamed on the video. The actual attacks in Benghazi were blamed on extremists not protesters. Reality is not that complicated if you are willing to accept it.

The actual attacks in Benghazi were terrorists. Not demonstrators. It was the anniversary of 9-11 DUUH.

You can't figure that out then a box of rocks is smarter than you dude.

Panetta told the WH immediately that it was a terrorist attack and there were no demonstrators at all in Benghazi.

Not rocket science. The administration lied and continued to lie for weeks.

"The administration lied and continued to lie for weeks."

You talking about the Tillman death or Benghazi

Yeah, nice try. The problem.....the ambassaor requested more security several times...desperately, because the situation was becoming more and more dangerous....and he was ignored......and died because they did not have proper security....and refused to send in help......

more security ... yeah right.

If 25 armed guards were surrounding Stevens and some raghead blew up the entire building all 25 would die ... in 1983 220 Marines prove that.

But our consulate wasn't bombed...was it, Siete? It was attacked by 100 to 150 Al Queda affiliated terrorists who set fire to the Ambassador's quarters to smoke him out of the "safe room" he had gone to. The question is not whether the previous security levels would have protected Stevens from a bomb attack...it's whether the previous security levels would have protected him from the attack that occurred.

You're absolutely right. The precautions were not enough to prevent the things that happened. Are you suggesting that every one of our previous embassies that were attacked should be the subject of repeated right wing investigations? If not, why? They have all been tragic events, but what's different about this one?

Why not? 4 AMERICANS were killed on being a gay Ambassador, THAT IS WHY.

There have been other attacks on US interests before and during Obama, this is the ONLY one that has sparked this amount of investigation. I think we owe it to the parents of the four who died.

The gay rumors seem to have originated on Hillbuzz.com, the website of Kevin DuJan, who also believes that President Obama is gay. DuJan uses the very, very shaky sourcing of a “Serbian consulate employee [who] identified himself to me as ‘Dino’ and wouldn’t give me any more of a name than that, but told me it was no secret that Chris Stevens was gay and that ‘it was stupid to send him to Libya as the ambassador when he was a known homosexual.’”

The story was picked up by a number of right-wing blogs, including Breitbart.com, which offers this explanation for why Stevens being gay would be at all relevant: “It just seems like one more way the Obama administration needlessly enraged the passions of protesters in that part of the world.” A blogger for the Examiner even speculates that Stevens was sent by Hillary Clinton as an “intentional provocation” to Libya.

Rumor-mongering surrounds Chris Stevens 8217 death - Salon.com
C'mon now, that can't be true?? The right really does care about Stevens. :eusa_doh:

I have four reasons that anyone should be able to figure out as to why Benghazi is a scandal Just because the left doesn't give a crap about those four reasons doesn't make it any less so.

Number one, administration tripped all over themselves with several 'versions' as to what happened while Obama slept.

Your head is overheating again. You got a single example of anyone other than a teabagger wanting to drag out all those so called investigations?

What investigations? There hasn't been an investigation into obama's abuse of power wherein he used the police powers of the IRS to usurp the rights of citizens to peaceably assemble. There have only been a few hearings in the Legislature.

The Investigation will not come until the High-Criminals which are hiding the crime, are removed from office. Given the circumstances, an investigation cannot come until such time.

But such is the nature of high-criminality... and why it is recognized as such.

Wrong on so many counts. This dragged out for so long because the RNC and fox believed it was a way to keep their base stirred up. They were right, and there would be even more investigations if the majority of dittoheads had a stomach for it. Nothing more to it.

Come on, Bulldog...this has dragged on for as long as it has because the Obama people stonewalled the investigation of Benghazi before the 2012 elections.

You know better. The GOP knows better. Some right wing nuts just aren't able to let it go. Keep it up.......It illustrates the craziness of the right.

I hate to point out the blatantly obvious, Bulldog but the Obama Administration now has a long history of stonewalling investigations into scandals. Fast & Furious, the IRS and Benghazi. It's what they DO.

I think the real scandal is the phony investigations and trying to somehow link those to the Obama Administration these Republicans have pursued. How many convictions do they have?
Have they arrested that super villain Lois Lerner yet?

Unfortunately Lois Lerner is living comfortably on her pension after depriving the very Americans who PAY that pension their rights under the Constitution.

Anyone expecting convictions of a liberal as long as Eric Holder is running the Justice Department is about as delusional as they come.
What are talking about? Lois Lerner played an invaluable role in this. Thanks to her, I now know that rightwingers are crazy assholes.

Thank you for your service, Lois!

Benghazi.

But how adorable is it, that you feel equivocation is a valid defense.

ROFLMNAO! Folks you can NOT make this crap up.

Nope - if you'd read all my posts, you'd see that I was simply asking some of these "Benghazi IS a scandal" types to show me their outrage over Tillman just so I could be sure their "outrage" is not just politically motivated bullshit.

Thank you so much for answering my question as it pertains to you.

Sorry, can't cover your hypocrisy by putting words into my mouth that I did not say.

(middle school stuff)

Benghazi.

But how adorable is it, that you feel equivocation is a valid defense.

ROFLMNAO! Folks you can NOT make this crap up.

Nope - if you'd read all my posts, you'd see that I was simply asking some of these "Benghazi IS a scandal" types to show me there outrage over Tillman just so I could be sure their "outrage" is not just politically motivated bullshit.

Thank you so much for answering my question as it pertains to you.

There was MONTHS of outrage over Tillman's death and the subsequent cover up of the accidental fratricide.

The Left's claim to such being exclusive to them is absurd... as Americans contesting and protesting such so overwhelmed the Left's opportunist rants. Every American Public Advocate spent WEEKS expressing their outrage over it, without exception.

It was a horrible accident of war, which was made worse by the cover-up... .

Therefore there's no potential equivocation.

Forum List

Back