🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans new trifecta: Privatize Social Security, Medicare and Veterans Care

Trump advisers back deregulation, privatized Social Security

Donald Trump is serious about privatizing veterans' care

Report: Fix VA benefits by making troops buy their own health insurance

With Republicans controlling both houses, the presidency and the Supreme Court, are they really going after:

Veterans
The elderly
The disabled

Wow.

Imagine being an injured vet or having mental problems and being told to go get your own health care.

Nothing like introducing a profit motive to make great heath care. After all, it's cheaper when they die. And the GOP crying about "death panels". And now they want "death panels". Nothing like having some accountant deciding your health care.

Republicans weren't satisfied with Bush. They want to be thoroughly screwed over. Nice and deep. Well, Trump and his far right extreme "advisors" will make sure it happens. Be careful what you wish for. You might get it. When Trump screws you over, don't whine. It's not fetching. Take it like men and women. You voted for it.

It always cracks me up when you say Democrats support veterans. You vilify them on the battlefield, back their enemies and knee jerk blame them for every accusation against them. Then you claim you're the party that cares about them. You're just a joke, and a sad one, Deanie Baby. And you have clearly failed to convince the troops of your lies. They see through you like a lace teddy on a Victoria's secret model

You lie.

I worked in a VA hospital for 3.5 years while in college. Saw lots of horrible stuff, saw one guy die while the new chick was breaking in her cpr skills. They aren't all run the same but there's no question many vets would take a voucher for private care. If you are an old Navy vet then you know nobody fucks up like the government.

So a mistake ended in a guy dying.. How about a not-mistake resulting in a guy dying?...

.....because I know a private hospital who assisted in murdering a family member of mine...knowingly...as the patient asked to be spared from his bed. I'm not lying. It was an HMO that skated the thin ice on knowing the patient wanted to live, but had a legal loophole to secure his doom in the form of his conniving spouse who had retained power of attorney over him. The administrators were called into this situation. Ultimately I'm sure the bottom line of continuing to cover this man's health issues weighed in to spell his untimely doom in favor of the asshole who had power of attorney over him: commanding his death while he protested in language clear enough for all to understand.

The method of his death was sepsis from a bladder infection...where he spent four days dying, drowning in his own fluids, gasping for breath...for the want of...simple IV antibiotics...all because he had Alzheimers (or addling/exacerbated by the toxins of constant bladder infections they weren't treating properly) and his spouse had no more use for him; his situation was cutting into her expectations of inheriting all of his assets. Yes, a hospital actually agreed to do this. BTW, if any attorneys are out there reading, I'd like to hear from you. Police and elder abuse reports exist to this incident. If you're not sick to your stomach enough over this situation, I'll add that this man was a distinguished military officer. He would've been better off at the VA BY FAR.

Enjoy private for-profit healthcare. Assisted for-profit murders (and the families agreeing because of the estate goodies) will become common fare. They already are. They're called "claims adjusters"...professional "legal" hit-men. Add that to an old person with assets and a scam artist in the family with power of attorney over them and you have murder 1.."legally"..

A citizen's oversight committee would see a situation like that and make heads roll. But if profit was their guiding light, they'd smooth it over and roll on to another scam. And that is exactly what private healthcare does already. There is no reason to ever expect it will stop as long as profit is involved. When you marry profit + human lives, you get what I got in the above account.

Last edited:

With Republicans controlling both houses, the presidency and the Supreme Court, are they really going after:

Veterans
The elderly
The disabled

Wow.

Imagine being an injured vet or having mental problems and being told to go get your own health care.

Nothing like introducing a profit motive to make great heath care. After all, it's cheaper when they die. And the GOP crying about "death panels". And now they want "death panels". Nothing like having some accountant deciding your health care.

Republicans weren't satisfied with Bush. They want to be thoroughly screwed over. Nice and deep. Well, Trump and his far right extreme "advisors" will make sure it happens. Be careful what you wish for. You might get it. When Trump screws you over, don't whine. It's not fetching. Take it like men and women. You voted for it.

You're a fucking idiot, much of the VA care needs to be privatized. The VA can't handle the current workload and many VA facilities are a long way form where Vets live. I live closer than most and it's a 100 mile round trip to the VA hospital were I have to go for specialty care.
How long have you been enrolled with the VA and what care are you receiving? In which VISN are you receiving care and from which facility? At what level are your rated disability as adjudicated? Are you P&T and/or receiving SMC?

Your post sounds precisely like a non-vet poser writing about shit he doesn't know squat about. Why aren't you taking advantage of the Veterans Choice Program! Hell, I got my card back in 2014 when the program started up without asking? Sure sounds fishy as Hell the way you talk about the VA just like it's only something you read about!
I worked in a VA hospital for 3.5 years while in college. Saw lots of horrible stuff, saw one guy die while the new chick was breaking in her cpr skills. They aren't all run the same but there's no question many vets would take a voucher for private care. If you are an old Navy vet then you know nobody fucks up like the government.
I understand what you are saying, but the problems are NOT isolated strictly within a few or even a bunch of VA Med Centers. The problems are pandemic throughout the VA from the VHA to the VBA to the NCA and it's a problem of inculcated culture.

Privatization, that the other poster was boosting, will only bring additional problems for Vets with profits becoming the first order of business for the providers and veteran benefits and care declining as funds are squeezed for even higher profits and funding from Congress goes down. The degree of privatization today, does help the VAMC's concentrate on veteran care and eases the additional workload of the 10's of thousands of C&P exams performed daily by the VBA for veterans with compensation or pension claims, but any further involvement in service delivery should NOT go beyond the point it is held in check currently.

That is just my opinion, but backed up by nearly 40 years of experience as a dependent of a decorated career WWII & Korea Army, AAF and AF veteran, Vietnam Navy veteran and disabled veteran enrolled in VA care.

December 10 - Army v. Navy @ Annapolis ---- GO NAVY!

Again, when you marry profit + human life, you will always get a motivation to off people so the company can maximize profits. I've seen it. I've lived it. It's real and not hyperbole.

Good luck messing with social security....political suicide. A ploy to ensure someone makes a profit. Not popular.

Good luck messing with social security....political suicide. A ploy to ensure someone makes a profit. Not popular.
Not popular...and deadly. Because the best way private insurers can maximize profits is to get you to pay through the nose while you are young, and then off you as you begin to age and get sick like everyone does when they get old. If you expect morality out of insurance adjusters, I can assure you that you'd sooner get wine out of a rock.

It's my personal belief that in about 50% of cancer cases, for example, chemotherapy is unnecessary and dangerous. Yet what is it you always hear? "So and so was diagnosed with a lot of cancer..they went in for chemo and after a courageous short battle, died". Yeah, kill off the immune system after you remove the cancer you can, and it won't be long before it reblooms with no immune system to fight it off.

Veterans
The elderly
The disabled

Wow.

Privatizing Social Security would cost trillions. It is now more expensive to privatize it than just backfill the legacy costs.

The math is simple. Every dollar that is diverted from SS for the 30 to 40 years is going to have to be replaced with a dollar of tax of a different name.

Veterans
The elderly
The disabled

Wow.

The programs suck, I don't care. Probably not because it will piss off too many voters.

Veterans
The elderly
The disabled

Wow.

Of course I don't want ANY of this to happen.....BUT.....I do want for right wingers to propose these changes......In 2006 when Georgie "entertained" the idea of privatizing SS, the republican congress was virtually destroyed.

Forum List

Back