Republicans offer fraudulent tax reform, the alleged FairTax

You wanna gamble… go to Vegas. Leave our economy alone

That's what starting a business or making investments is, gambling. What kind of country would we have if nobody had a business because they spent their money gambling in Vegas?

Outside of those physically or mentally disabled to work, there is no reason to be poor today. Not only are there plenty of jobs out there, but good paying jobs as well.

My father is a pretty bright guy. I remember him telling me as a child "Son, money is easy to make; an idiot can make money. But money is hard to keep."

When I was 30 some years old I made real estate investments. I never married or had children. I was forced into retirement because of medical problems. But I'm doing fine. Why? Because instead of having kids, spending my money leasing cars, having the newest of everything, I made investments earlier on. My sister makes close to six figures a year and she's struggling. Why is that? She had two children, got a divorce, sent her kids to a private Catholic school, then her and her ex helped them out going to college. She wanted the nicest house in the nicest neighborhood she could live in. Now she's worried she can't retire this year as planned because of what happened to the stock market under Joe. I have an IRA too, but I have no need to touch it. I don't depend on that. I depend on rent collections, and the rental market (as you probably already know) is hotter than all hell today.

So you see the difference? I followed my fathers advice. My sister didn't. She made no financial investments outside her IRA.

That's what starting a business or making investments is, gambling. What kind of country would we have if nobody had a business because they spent their money gambling in Vegas?

Outside of those physically or mentally disabled to work, there is no reason to be poor today. Not only are there plenty of jobs out there, but good paying jobs as well.

My father is a pretty bright guy. I remember him telling me as a child "Son, money is easy to make; an idiot can make money. But money is hard to keep."

When I was 30 some years old I made real estate investments. I never married or had children. I was forced into retirement because of medical problems. But I'm doing fine. Why? Because instead of having kids, spending my money leasing cars, having the newest of everything, I made investments earlier on. My sister makes close to six figures a year and she's struggling. Why is that? She had two children, got a divorce, sent her kids to a private Catholic school, then her and her ex helped them out going to college. She wanted the nicest house in the nicest neighborhood she could live in. Now she's worried she can't retire this year as planned because of what happened to the stock market under Joe. I have an IRA too, but I have no need to touch it. I don't depend on that. I depend on rent collections, and the rental market (as you probably already know) is hotter than all hell today.

So you see the difference? I followed my fathers advice. My sister didn't. She made no financial investments outside her IRA.
Taking a risk is not gambling you wordy dipshit.

Fucking with the tax system… defaulting on the national debt.

Pretty much any GOP economic “plan”
/-----/ This from the clowns who demand higher and higher taxes because "the rich don't pay their "fair share." You're always angling to fuck with the tax system to put an even heavier burden on the producers. And if you don't like the national debt, why did you clowns push through a $1.7 trillion pork-laden bill? And yeah, some RINOs helped. But why $1.7 trillion if you're sooooooooooooooooooooooooo worried about the debt?

Taking a risk is not gambling you wordy dipshit.

Of course it is. You invest in the stock market, you are gambling. You invest in real estate, you are gambling. You open up your own business, you are gambling.

Gambling is when you take the risk of losing the money you invested. You can make a profit, a huge profit, become wealthy, or you can lose everything like most people who open up a small business.

Of course it is. You invest in the stock market, you are gambling. You invest in real estate, you are gambling. You open up your own business, you are gambling.

Gambling is when you take the risk of losing the money you invested. You can make a profit, a huge profit, become wealthy, or you can lose everything like most people who open up a small business.
You admit that investing in the stock market is gambling and yet you want to put retirement in the stock market.

Brilliant

/——/ You can reduce the risk of loss by being prepared, but in so many ways too lengthy to spell out here. Think about the high failure rate of new restaurants and who most often opens them, people with no experience in the industry. Even great chefs can fail because there know only a fraction of the whole operation.

You admit that investing in the stock market is gambling and yet you want to put retirement in the stock market.

Brilliant

I don't want to, I already have for the last 25 years. It's handled by a professional investment company and they are doing a bang up job until you people Fd that all up by voting for this misfit. It still doesn't discount that it is a gamble. Just about every investment is a gamble. That's why a lot of leftists sit back and bitch about those more successful than they are. They didn't want to risk their money or take any gambles. They want to collect a paycheck and then bitch it's not enough and somebody needs them to force employers to overpay them.

I don't want to, I already have for the last 25 years. It's handled by a professional investment company and they are doing a bang up job until you people Fd that all up by voting for this misfit. It still doesn't discount that it is a gamble. Just about every investment is a gamble. That's why a lot of leftists sit back and bitch about those more successful than they are. They didn't want to risk their money or take any gambles. They want to collect a paycheck and then bitch it's not enough and somebody needs them to force employers to overpay them.
And yet even though you admit that the stock market is gambling… you thing we should put our retirement there.

Brilliant

And yet even though you admit that the stock market is gambling… you thing we should put our retirement there.

Brilliant

Yep just as most Americans. Putting money in between your mattresses doesn't work so well. It gains no interest and you'd lose it all if your house got robbed while you weren't home. I spent several years in the commodities market. It was a gamble. I made real estate investments, it was a gamble that paid off. My IRA is in the stock market, it's a gamble that will eventually pay off, not to me, but to my family that I'm going to leave it to.

Yep just as most Americans. Putting money in between your mattresses doesn't work so well. It gains no interest and you'd lose it all if your house got robbed while you weren't home. I spent several years in the commodities market. It was a gamble. I made real estate investments, it was a gamble that paid off. My IRA is in the stock market, it's a gamble that will eventually pay off, not to me, but to my family that I'm going to leave it to.
So the only alternative for retirement is the stock market or putting money under the mattress?

Wrong moron. Social Security. Not a gamble

So the only alternative for retirement is the stock market or putting money under the mattress?

Wrong moron. Social Security. Not a gamble

Oh, you mean that program that's going to go broke in a couple of years?

You know, SS sends out pamphlets every couple years or so. In it is what you and your employers contributed to the program throughout your life. If you take that to any reputable investment company, ask them what you would be worth today if that money were in a conservative growth account, you'd probably shit yourself.

In any case, this is why the left hates rich people so much. They hate people that took risks and gambled their money and became wealthy. It's something they'd never do themselves.

You know, SS sends out pamphlets every couple years or so. In it is what you and your employers contributed to the program throughout your life. If you take that to any reputable investment company, ask them what you would be worth today if that money were in a conservative growth account, you'd probably shit yourself.

In any case, this is why the left hates rich people so much. They hate people that took risks and gambled their money and became wealthy. It's something they'd never do themselves.
With no changes SS funds 80% of existing obligations.

Lifting the payroll cap funds it FOREVER

The real gamble is giving gubmint your money, under the naive notion that they'll take care of those funds better than you can.

Republican Congress critters want to increase Congress' taxing powers.​

This seems to confirm our Republican Congress and Freedom Caucus members are very much part of the Washington Establishment’s never-ending push to enlarge and consolidate power in their hands.

See: Is GOP Freedom Caucus Pushing for a 30% Sales Tax in US?

My pet question goes unanswered:

Why on earth would any freedom loving, Republican member of Congress, support the rope-a-dope FairTax Act proposal which, if adopted, enlarges and strengthens the federal government’s iron fisted taxing grip around the American people’s necks?

Why on earth do they not support and work to adopt the FAIR SHARE BALANCED BUDGET AMENDMENT which begins as follows?

“SECTION 1. The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed, and Congress is henceforth forbidden to lay any tax or burden calculated from sales, profits, gains, interest, salaries, wages, tips, inheritances or any other lawfully realized money.

JWK

When Federal Reserve Notes were made a legal tender in violation of our Constitution, and a direct un-apportioned tax was imposed upon the people without their consent, America’s free enterprise, free market system was subjugated, and the tools of oppression were made available to some very immoral and nefariously evil people.

The real gamble is giving gubmint your money, under the naive notion that they'll take care of those funds better than you can.
You mean Social Security...which has been providing retirement for hundreds of millions of Americans for almost 100 years?

Some gamble

Forum List

Back