Republicans: Presidents shouldn't take vacations; except when they're Republicans

His vacations seem to be designed to be as expensive and ostentatious as possible.

Or maybe you're just being told to be outraged.

Personally I don't care if he goes to Hawaii. That's his choice. If he needs protection, I'm sure that's not his choice. that's something that's imposed on him. It's pure hypocrisy that you people only get upset about it when it's a Democrat who needs protecting.

Obama has played 88 rounds of golf so far, all the while our troops were dying in Afghanistan. I don't think I've played that much golf in my entire life.

I've never played golf at all.

What should he be doing? Basketball? Tennis? Rollerblading?

I'm sure the President needs to know what he's allowed to do and not allowed to do

The annual "Obama is taking vacation" outrage is what Republicans think is payback for the Bush/Katrina vacation debacle. When the hurricane hit on Monday, we were told the President was on vacation. Tuesday morning, with dead bodies floating in New Orleans, we were told Bush was still on vacation. By Wednesday morning, with people still screaming for help, we were told Bush was still on vacation. It was not till late Wednesday, that Bush did his famous flyover

The Republican annual outrage over Obamas Christmas vacation is there way of saying....See? we are even

So really this is just gotcha politics? "They did it to us, so we'll do it to them."

I disagree. he can take as many vacations as he feels is appropriate. the less he is interefering with the nation the better. But he should pay his own bills.

I love how as soon as a black guy gets in the Oval Office he's expecting to start footing the bill for Air Force One. That's just priceless!

Why the heck should any President's vacation be paid for by the tax payers? Why do dishonest people always try to make it about race when it's about the fact that we freaking broke and our politicians are living off our dime?

Also keep in mind,it was the Left/Democrats who invented the faux Vacation outrage shtick in the first place. So them complaining about this stuff is pretty lame. This is their stupid invention. What goes around does come around. Deal with it.

I love how your posts consistently miss the point.

I love how you can't be honest about what the point is.

Oh wait, no I don't.

I'm sure the President needs to know what he's allowed to do and not allowed to do

The President can do whaver he wants as long as he isnt slapping the bill on the American tax payers during a recession while claiming we need to borrow trillions of dollars from other nations and inflating our currency.

But for some reason you lefties seem to think that's unreasonable. "Let them eat cake"

I disagree. he can take as many vacations as he feels is appropriate. the less he is interefering with the nation the better. But he should pay his own bills.

I love how as soon as a black guy gets in the Oval Office he's expecting to start footing the bill for Air Force One. That's just priceless!

Why the heck should any President's vacation be paid for by the tax payers? Why do dishonest people always try to make it about race when it's about the fact that we freaking broke and our politicians are living off our dime?

Can you prove that? Or did you just make that up?

The President can do whaver he wants as long as he isnt slapping the bill on the American tax payers during a recession while claiming we need to borrow trillions of dollars from other nations and inflating our currency.

But for some reason you lefties seem to think that's unreasonable. "Let them eat cake"

"Slapping the bill on the American tax payers".

Can you prove that, or is it just made up?

The vacation issue is a stupid, petty issue drummed up by partisans on both sides. Most people don't give a shit. There are more important things to worry about.

I agree...and only Republican Presidents should be allowed to play golf

Bush didn't play gold, turd.

Actually, he was caught playing an occasional round. And what difference does it make if you play golf or go fishing like Bush often did?

bush_fishing1.jpg

Last edited:
I agree...and only Republican Presidents should be allowed to play golf

Bush didn't play golf, turd.

Actually, he was caught playing an occasional round. And what difference does it make if you play golf or go fishing like Bush often did?

Really? When?

If it doesn't make any difference, then why did all you libturds make such a big stink about Bush taking working vacations back at his ranch? Oh yeah . . . . I forget . . . . It only matters when a Republican is president.

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

Presidential vacations: How does President Obama compare? Very well. | The Political Carnival

Crawford Texas--is not Martha's Vineyard--nor Hawaii--but nice try anyway.

6a00d8341c2c6053ef015434bfe316970c-600wi

And Mrs Bush went with him and did not go before him doubling the coast of Airforce 1

Bush didn't play golf, turd.

Really? When?

If it doesn't make any difference, then why did all you libturds make such a big stink about Bush taking working vacations back at his ranch? Oh yeah . . . . I forget . . . . It only matters when a Republican is president.

We started to bitch when it extended over a month. As much as you bitch, Obama takes vacation when Congress is not in session. Bush took extended vacations that meant he was out of Washington where the Presidents job is. Bush took THREE times the number of vacation days that Obama has

Last edited:

Is that your way of claiming that he doesn't?

Of course he doesn't. His current vacation is going to cost $4 million. When Moochelle decided to fly out separately, she added $100,000 to the price tag.

It costs a lot to haul around a lard-ass and all of her shoes.

Forum List

Back