Republicans to Initiate Contempt of Congress Proceedings After Hunter Biden Defies Subpoena

He screwed up by defying the subpoena. The GOP has the right to do this. After all Joe Biden said recently to a reporter that the DOJ must prosecute anyone who defies a Congressional subpoena.

FLASHBACK: Watch as Joe Biden Affirms DOJ’s Duty to Prosecute Anyone Who Defies Congressional Subpoena​

Here's the thing --- as they used to say at WoodStock--- Hunter is cold-hearted and stupid,a poltical brat living in borrowed glory
"somebody paid 225 000 for my painting,dumb Senator"

SO, would you say 225K if it weren't the 'big guy's" son
1702501879494.png
l

Didn't your magaturds openly defy J6 subpoenas? Why are you such a fucking hypocrite?
Then why didn't your gutless, nutless scumbag political whores prosecute them? I know why, do you?

I doubt it. Other than the fact that dimocraps are gutless scum, which even you know

WTF are you talking about?

You're cheering someone telling Congress to go fuck themselves when they are under subpoena. Your utter disrespect for our system of government is noted
No cheering. I think it would be very entertaining, if I could watch it live. Just saying it is not going to happen, and you are stuck with it, due to how the law works. I feel sorry for you and all, but being a realist, not much hope I can give you. Law is law and reality is real. What else can I say?

Line him up right behind Gym Jordan and Mark Meadows on the DOJ's subpoena defying docket.

Besides his lawyer told them he was willing to testify, just not in a secret closed door hearing where the Neo-GOP has proven they cannot be trusted. Take it up with the DOJ or sue him, it wont matter.

I'm sure you do too
Nope. Zap Hunter all you want. He is a sleeze bag. Thats your binary world, not mine.

My points stand. If the DOJ pursues, he can still sue alledging no legislative intent yada yada yada. Courts will hear it in 2025.

No cheering.

Yes. Cheering

I would be contemptuous, also.
Fk them.

I think it would be very entertaining, if I could watch it live. Just saying it is not going to happen, and you are stuck with it, due to how the law works. I feel sorry for you and all, but being a realist, not much hope I can give you. Law is law and reality is real. What else can I say?
You've resigned yourself to the utter corruption of the Biden administration? Sorry, I won't.

Republicans to Initiate Contempt of Congress Proceedings​

After Hunter Biden Defies Subpoena​

13 Dec 2023 ~~ By Cristina Laila

Hunter Biden on Wednesday arrived in DC and gave a press conference on Capitol Hill where he revealed he will only answer questions under his own rules despite a congressional subpoena.
Congressional Republicans subpoenaed Hunter Biden for a closed-door deposition related to his influence-peddling and family corruption.
Hunter Biden on Wednesday said he will only testify “at a public hearing.”
“My father was not financially involved in my business,” Hunter Biden said in the presser.
Hunter tacitly admitted that his father Joe Biden was involved in his overseas businesses in other ways.
House Oversight Chairman James Comer on Wednesday announced GOP lawmakers will initiate contempt of Congress proceedings after Hunter Biden brazenly defied a lawful subpoena.
“Hunter Biden today defied lawful subpoenas and we will now initiate contempt of Congress proceedings,” Comer said.
“We will not provide special treatment because his last name is Biden,” Comer added.

Commentary:
Congress has the power to arrest and imprison Hunter for 1 year. Do it!.
The question remains... When Congress refers the proceedings to the DoJ, will Garland enforce the Congressional contempt charges against Hunter as they did with Bannon?

**********​

Gee, when the Trump children were subpoenaed by Congress? They showed up. They gave depositions. They testified under oath. Hunter Biden? Oh, no...he's not going to respect a Congressional subpoena. He's "special"!

Nope. Zap Hunter all you want. He is a sleeze bag. Thats your binary world, not mine.

My points stand. If the DOJ pursues, he can still sue alledging no legislative intent yada yada yada. Courts will hear it in 2025.
Nope

House holds Bannon in contempt Oct 21,2021

DOJ indicts him November 13, 2021.

Trial began July 19, 2022

Why does the hearing have to be behind closed doors? Why can't it be a public hearing?
It's pretty much standard proceedure to have a written deposition done before a public hearing, Winston. All of the Trump children were subjected to that. The biggest difference between the closed door depositions and the open public hearings is that questioning in a deposition isn't limited to 5 minutes per member of Congress. You can keep delving into something as long as it takes for the person being deposed to give a credible answer and then they are on record for that answer. In the 5 minute format all someone who's being grilled has to do is stall a little and then it's on to the next questioner. You see it time after time.

Nope

House holds Bannon in contempt Oct 21,2021

DOJ indicts him November 13, 2021.

Trial began July 19, 2022
Cool. Works for me. As noted there's no way he gives any testimony given his current charges, so sending a letter asserting the Fifth Amendment for any and all questions should be just fine. If they want to pursue something after that they look stupid but thats fine too.

Here's the thing --- as they used to say at WoodStock--- Hunter is cold-hearted and stupid,a poltical brat living in borrowed glory
"somebody paid 225 000 for my painting,dumb Senator"

SO, would you say 225K if it weren't the 'big guy's" son
View attachment 872585l

Hunter is a talented artist
Better than Picasso

The price of art is subjective
Hunters work is better than any of these works that sold for millions

$84 million

Last edited:
Cool. Works for me. As noted there's no way he gives any testimony given his current charges, so sending a letter asserting the Fifth Amendment for any and all questions should be just fine. If they want to pursue something after that they look stupid but thats fine too.
Too late for that. He very publicly told congress to go fuck themselves. And, IMHO, in the process sealed the vote for his daddy's impeachment inquiry.

Too late for that. He very publicly told congress to go fuck themselves. And, IMHO, in the process sealed the vote for his daddy's impeachment inquiry.
Ok, thats fine too. You're confusing two different people.

Republicans to Initiate Contempt of Congress Proceedings​

After Hunter Biden Defies Subpoena​

13 Dec 2023 ~~ By Cristina Laila

Hunter Biden on Wednesday arrived in DC and gave a press conference on Capitol Hill where he revealed he will only answer questions under his own rules despite a congressional subpoena.
Congressional Republicans subpoenaed Hunter Biden for a closed-door deposition related to his influence-peddling and family corruption.
Hunter Biden on Wednesday said he will only testify “at a public hearing.”
“My father was not financially involved in my business,” Hunter Biden said in the presser.
Hunter tacitly admitted that his father Joe Biden was involved in his overseas businesses in other ways.
House Oversight Chairman James Comer on Wednesday announced GOP lawmakers will initiate contempt of Congress proceedings after Hunter Biden brazenly defied a lawful subpoena.
“Hunter Biden today defied lawful subpoenas and we will now initiate contempt of Congress proceedings,” Comer said.
“We will not provide special treatment because his last name is Biden,” Comer added.

Commentary:
Congress has the power to arrest and imprison Hunter for 1 year. Do it!.
The question remains... When Congress refers the proceedings to the DoJ, will Garland enforce the Congressional contempt charges against Hunter as they did with Bannon?

**********​

I think Hunter talked to the press instead of behind closed doors in order to get hit with a contempt charge. Just look at Bannon - he hasn't testified before Congress yet or done a day in jail. It's buying time.

Yes. Cheering

You've resigned yourself to the utter corruption of the Biden administration? Sorry, I won't.
Hunter is not in the Biden administration. At the moment, he is a private citizen facing 17 years if found guilty of Federal Crimes as charged by the Biden Department of Justice, and as a solo operator and citizen of the United States of America has the right of self-determination, subject to the legal system. I did not write the constitution or vote on the laws you are stuck with. I have no doubt or even care that you will see him not only in court answering for crimes charged, but in front of a congressional committee. It just won't be today. Sure he is a sht, but that does not mean the rules of law and personal freedom do not apply, just because he is a sht. No cheering, just saying that is the way it is and the way it will be.

Forum List

Back