Republicans to repeal inheritance tax!

EricJ

Feb 22, 2015
The party of the rich, for the rich, by the rich. Once again, the wolves shear the sheep while the sheep cheer them on.

Republicans Push 269 Billion Handout For Millionaire Heirs And Heiresses

excerpt:

WASHINGTON -- House Republicans this week will vote to hand the heirs and heiresses of America's largest fortunes a $269 billion tax break by repealing the federal inheritance tax.

The legislation would shield the very richest families from taxes on the fortunes they inherit. After years of GOP attacks on the inheritance tax, also known as the estate tax, only a few thousand of the wealthiest families are subjected to it -- 4,700 total in 2013, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation. Only individual fortunes worth over $5.43 million can be taxed under current law, an amount that doubles to $10.86 million for wealthy couples. The Republican proposal would eliminate all of these estates -- which are over 15,700 percent richer than the median American household -- from taxation.

baaaaaaaaaa! baaaaaaaaaaaa!

upload_2015-4-14_12-18-22.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2015-4-14_12-17-59.jpeg
    upload_2015-4-14_12-17-59.jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 116
The party of the rich, for the rich, by the rich. Once again, the wolves shear the sheep while the sheep cheer them on.

excerpt:

WASHINGTON -- House Republicans this week will vote to hand the heirs and heiresses of America's largest fortunes a $269 billion tax break by repealing the federal inheritance tax.

The legislation would shield the very richest families from taxes on the fortunes they inherit. After years of GOP attacks on the inheritance tax, also known as the estate tax, only a few thousand of the wealthiest families are subjected to it -- 4,700 total in 2013, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation. Only individual fortunes worth over $5.43 million can be taxed under current law, an amount that doubles to $10.86 million for wealthy couples. The Republican proposal would eliminate all of these estates -- which are over 15,700 percent richer than the median American household -- from taxation.

Another full o shit lie. The inheritance tax applies to all, you twit. I know ranchers who, after they died, lost their land because their family couldn't afford the Inheritance tax on the property.

What the hell are you, stupid? Or just ignorant?

excerpt:

Another full o shit lie. The inheritance tax applies to all, you twit. I know ranchers who, after they died, lost their land because their family couldn't afford the I heritance tax on the property.

Both

Heck, their already taxed savings really belong to the proletariat, not their families.....

The mob earned and deserves their "fair share" !!!!

excerpt:

Another full o shit lie. The inheritance tax applies to all, you twit. I know ranchers who, after they died, lost their land because their family couldn't afford the Inheritance tax on the property.

I really want to believe you Randall but I've found that most times when people deny something that fucking hard its a "tell".

Gotta link?

excerpt:

so THATS how ranches stay in the same family for 100 years ???

I know fourth and fifth generation ranches in three different states .. are YOU stupid or FOS?

excerpt:

I know fourth and fifth generation ranches in three different states .. are YOU stupid or FOS?

He wasn't claiming it happens to all ranchers... geesh.

EricJ, as the OP for this thread, suffers from the same malady as most liberals. When someone says that they are going to 'do away' with the inheritance tax, they immediately think of the Koch brothers and other wealthy conservatives. Naturally, the Kennedy's, Pelosi's and wealthy liberals NEVER enter their mind. But that is NOT who will benefit most from the elimination of this tax.

Down the road from me is a guy in his 70's who has about 420 acres of land. He got the land when his father died. He leases about another 200 additional acres and has about 3,000 head of cattle. Not to mention the acres he has in soybeans, sorghum and corn. I've known him for a long time and in speaking with him, he has admitted that about 70% of the time, he has one foot in bankruptcy court. Yet, because of his assets (land, cattle, equipment) he is regarded as a multi-millionaire. Naturally, if he dies and he leaves his operation to his son, his son will get hit with an incredible inheritance tax. The question I have is why? Why tax this operation? You want to write a law that says if you're a trust-fund baby and if you stand to inherit millions of dollars you didn't do a thing to get it, you have to pay a 50% tax on what you inherit. I say go for it. But you won't and you know you won't.

You won't because the Kennedy's, the Pelosi's, the Clinton's, and their ilk who whine for the "middle class" won't get a dime from a bill like that and have no desire to sponsor it.

Another whining thread started by another whining liberal who has NO CLUE what is really going on in the world.

excerpt:

He wasn't claiming it happens to all ranchers... geesh.

so what the hell was his point ?

people who don't know how to manage their $$ and property deserve to lose it?

geesh, indeed

Theres seems to be a lot of conclusions, name calling and story telling... and less and less links.

Uh oh..mmy bullshitometer is pinging louder and louder

Forum List

Back