Republicans (ways & means committee) refuse to release Trump's tax returns over Russia investigation

I never understood how racist neo nazi republicans could demand obama release his fucking birth certificate but they dont see a problem with trump not releasing his tax returns.

Very good point!

Actually, it's no point at all ...

1) Obama's eligibility for the office needed to be proven.

2) Trump's tax records have nothing whatsoever to do with his eligibility for the office.

Apples and kumquats ....

1. Birth certificate crap only came from Trump racist bull crap. It has nothing to do with eligibility.
2. Trump records has nothing with eligibility either but as leader of the free world. We Americans are entitled to know if my president is a crooked, fraud, con man or honest.

Given the nature of Trump's businesses, there are several questions one must ask:
  • Would "so and so" have even purchased from him were he not POTUS?
  • What access have we to tell whether the goods/services were provided at market rates or at below market rates?
  • As goes Trump Tower and the whole damn floor the Secret Service are leasing to provide protection:
    • How long has it been vacant? Was it vacant at all?
    • Is he charging market rates for it?
    • Is he profiting from their having to rent the space to protect him? Is here covering costs that, were he not POTUS, he'd be "eating?"
  • At Mar-a-Lago...same genre of questions as for Trump Tower. We know he doubled the membership fee. Clubs increase routinely their fees, but they don't double them from one year to the next. Initiation fees also don't increase at that rate.
  • Turnberry Club in Scotland --> 38% fee increase. The club lost ~$1M in 2015. For 2016, he lost ~$2.5M there.
  • Aberdeenshire Club --> Recording its fourth straight year of losses.
  • His other golf properties --> I don't know what the fees are or how they've changed. I don't know their financial performance either.
It remains to be seen whether his D.C. hotel becomes "the" place to stay for foreign visitors wanting (and receiving) favorable treatment as goes U.S. policy. We'll have to wait and see.

Of course no one would want to stay in a new hotel that is right in the middle of the government offices in DC for convince and accessibility, there has to be some sinister reason. LMAO

You either don't well understand ethics, do and don't care, have none of note, or you're being willfully obtuse. I can't say which, it may be some or all those things.

The issue isn't about what other may want to do. It's about Trump accepting revenue from people who want to or do attempt to persuade him to pursue policies that favor them, most especially foreign actors. It's about the appearance of impropriety and the matter of the national trust on behalf of which Trump has been given the privilege to act.

I don't care where people want to stay because that's really not what's at issue. But just as a matter of fact, there's not a place on the planet where one finds a Trump property that does not have within a short distance there exist not another comparable or nicer property. Indeed, the Hay, which is literally across the street from the WH is a very fine choice and every bit as nice as Trump's place. There are at least two other hotels that equally indulgent and closer to the WH than is Trump's hotel.

Trump is worth billions, do you seriously think he would consider someone renting a room for $1,500 a sum worth consideration. That's pocket change to him. Your fantasies and wishful thinking do not constitute facts.

It probably doesn't matter now with this news coming out on Jeff Sessions. Republican Ways & Means committee members will have to get into Trumps income tax returns now. If they don't they'll be accused of a cover up.

"Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice in 2016 with Russia's ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Kislyak, but did not mention this during his confirmation hearing to become U.S. attorney general. Sessions was asked about possible contacts between President Trump's campaign and the Russian government. (Victoria Walker/The Washington Post)

Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice last year with Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Justice Department officials said, encounters he did not disclose when asked about possible contacts between members of President Trump’s campaign and representatives of Moscow during Sessions’s confirmation hearing to become attorney general.

One of the meetings was a private conversation between Sessions and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak that took place in September in the senator’s office, at the height of what U.S. intelligence officials say was a Russian cyber campaign to upend the U.S. presidential race.

The previously undisclosed discussions could fuel new congressional calls for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russia’s alleged role in the 2016 presidential election. As attorney general, Sessions oversees the Justice Department and the FBI, which have been leading investigations into Russian meddling and any links to Trump’s associates. He has so far resisted calls to recuse himself.

When Sessions spoke with Kislyak in July and September, the senator was a senior member of the influential Armed Services Committee as well as one of Trump’s top foreign policy advisers. Sessions played a prominent role supporting Trump on the stump after formally joining the campaign in February 2016.
Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose

It's not looking good for the Trump administration. This is the 2nd campaign aid that has been proven to have contact with high level Russian officials during the campaign season and has lied about it.

Republicans are going to have to get an independent special prosecutor involved in this immediately. Otherwise they risk wearing this around their necks for several decades to come.

th

I know this won't fit with the regressives conspiracy theories, but have you considered those meetings might have had something to do with Sessions duties as a US Senator. You do know it's illegal for an elected official to conduct campaign business from their government offices, right?

Senators do not meet with high level Russian officials. That is the Secretary of State's responsibility, or in this case John Kerry, representing the Obama administration. Sessions was not part of the Obama administration and would have no authority in negotiating anything with Russians. Sessions as a senator is there to represent his constituents of Alabama. There is no rational explanation for Sessions to be meeting with high level Russian officials during the CAMPAIGN SEASON.

Then Sessions lied to congress about it. This is number 2, and you can bet there will be more to come.

CxkIWKrXcAAr5YW.jpg

I know you may find this shocking, one of Sessions committee assignments was dealing with international drug trafficking. Who would you suggest he talk to when dealing with other governments on the subject, the embassy janitors?

It doesn't matter if he put them in his kids names, he will still protect those assets no matter what. The only way he could be 100% conflict of interest free was to sell off those assets which he has not done, and has no intention of doing.

I'd prefer he divest, but I'm not nearly as concerned about whether he actually sells off the assets as I am about visibility. With comprehensive visibility, we can know "what's up." Knowing "what's up," the people, the Congress and the Courts are in a position to hold him accountable and take action if he crosses the line. That's enough for me. His situation is unique -- private mega-business owner rather than owners of public company securities -- so I can get with the idea of taking a little bit different tack. Full and complete disclosure is that tack; that's the compromise with which I'd feel comfortable.

Selling them off is the only way he can be conflict of interest free. PERIOD

I'm not sure how THAT works ---- Sasha Obama went from 9 years old to worth $19 million in the eight years her dad was in the WH. I don't remember her writing any books.

So much for that transparency thing, huh?

Of course you have a LINK to that.

Of course, I do ---- I'm not a liberal, after all.

Malia Obama Highest-Paid Heir in the World - Mediamass

Obama's daughter now worth over $300 million

This is a good example of a fake news. How is this even possible? Why is this only coming from unknown or never heard media? If this is true......... It will be all over the Wall Street news. Don't you think? Maybe this link might help you.

Is Malia Obama the 'Highest-Paid Heir' In the World?

Malia Obama has accomplished quite a lot recently. President Barack Obama’s oldest daughter graduated from high school last year and is set to attend Harvard in fall 2017. Being named the highest-paid heir in the world, however, is not among her impressive achievements. This claim is a hoax.

According to Snopes, the false claim originated in an article on Media Mass. It claimed that Obama has taken the top spot on People with Money’s top 10 highest-paid heirs for 2017. However, no such magazine even exists.

Given the nature of Trump's businesses, there are several questions one must ask:
  • What access have we to tell whether the goods/services were provided at market rates or at below market rates?
  • As goes Trump Tower and the whole damn floor the Secret Service are leasing to provide protection:
    • Is he profiting from their having to rent the space to protect him? Is here covering costs that, were he not POTUS, he'd be "eating?"
  • At Mar-a-Lago...same genre of questions as for Trump Tower. We know he doubled the membership fee. Clubs increase routinely their fees, but they don't double them from one year to the next. Initiation fees also don't increase at that rate.
  • Turnberry Club in Scotland --> 38% fee increase. The club lost ~$1M in 2015. For 2016, he lost ~$2.5M there.
  • His other golf properties --> I don't know what the fees are or how they've changed. I don't know their financial performance either.
It remains to be seen whether his D.C. hotel becomes "the" place to stay for foreign visitors wanting (and receiving) favorable treatment as goes U.S. policy. We'll have to wait and see.

Of course no one would want to stay in a new hotel that is right in the middle of the government offices in DC for convince and accessibility, there has to be some sinister reason. LMAO

You either don't well understand ethics, do and don't care, have none of note, or you're being willfully obtuse. I can't say which, it may be some or all those things.

The issue isn't about what other may want to do. It's about Trump accepting revenue from people who want to or do attempt to persuade him to pursue policies that favor them, most especially foreign actors. It's about the appearance of impropriety and the matter of the national trust on behalf of which Trump has been given the privilege to act.

I don't care where people want to stay because that's really not what's at issue. But just as a matter of fact, there's not a place on the planet where one finds a Trump property that does not have within a short distance there exist not another comparable or nicer property. Indeed, the Hay, which is literally across the street from the WH is a very fine choice and every bit as nice as Trump's place. There are at least two other hotels that equally indulgent and closer to the WH than is Trump's hotel.

Trump is worth billions, do you seriously think he would consider someone renting a room for $1,500 a sum worth consideration. That's pocket change to him. Your fantasies and wishful thinking do not constitute facts.

It probably doesn't matter now with this news coming out on Jeff Sessions. Republican Ways & Means committee members will have to get into Trumps income tax returns now. If they don't they'll be accused of a cover up.

"Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice in 2016 with Russia's ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Kislyak, but did not mention this during his confirmation hearing to become U.S. attorney general. Sessions was asked about possible contacts between President Trump's campaign and the Russian government. (Victoria Walker/The Washington Post)

Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice last year with Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Justice Department officials said, encounters he did not disclose when asked about possible contacts between members of President Trump’s campaign and representatives of Moscow during Sessions’s confirmation hearing to become attorney general.

One of the meetings was a private conversation between Sessions and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak that took place in September in the senator’s office, at the height of what U.S. intelligence officials say was a Russian cyber campaign to upend the U.S. presidential race.

The previously undisclosed discussions could fuel new congressional calls for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russia’s alleged role in the 2016 presidential election. As attorney general, Sessions oversees the Justice Department and the FBI, which have been leading investigations into Russian meddling and any links to Trump’s associates. He has so far resisted calls to recuse himself.

When Sessions spoke with Kislyak in July and September, the senator was a senior member of the influential Armed Services Committee as well as one of Trump’s top foreign policy advisers. Sessions played a prominent role supporting Trump on the stump after formally joining the campaign in February 2016.
Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose

It's not looking good for the Trump administration. This is the 2nd campaign aid that has been proven to have contact with high level Russian officials during the campaign season and has lied about it.

Republicans are going to have to get an independent special prosecutor involved in this immediately. Otherwise they risk wearing this around their necks for several decades to come.

th

I know this won't fit with the regressives conspiracy theories, but have you considered those meetings might have had something to do with Sessions duties as a US Senator. You do know it's illegal for an elected official to conduct campaign business from their government offices, right?

Senators do not meet with high level Russian officials. That is the Secretary of State's responsibility, or in this case John Kerry, representing the Obama administration. Sessions was not part of the Obama administration and would have no authority in negotiating anything with Russians. Sessions as a senator is there to represent his constituents of Alabama. There is no rational explanation for Sessions to be meeting with high level Russian officials during the CAMPAIGN SEASON.

Then Sessions lied to congress about it. This is number 2, and you can bet there will be more to come.

CxkIWKrXcAAr5YW.jpg

"Senators do not meet with high level Russian officials"

That's just plain silly --- senators meet with foreign officials regularly and on a consistent basis.

PLEASE do not spread your ignorance around here.

I never understood how racist neo nazi republicans could demand obama release his fucking birth certificate but they dont see a problem with trump not releasing his tax returns.

Very good point!

Actually, it's no point at all ...

1) Obama's eligibility for the office needed to be proven.

2) Trump's tax records have nothing whatsoever to do with his eligibility for the office.

Apples and kumquats ....

1. Birth certificate crap only came from Trump racist bull crap. It has nothing to do with eligibility.
2. Trump records has nothing with eligibility either but as leader of the free world. We Americans are entitled to know if my president is a crooked, fraud, con man or honest.

1. The birth certificate question most certainly did NOT come from Trump. In fact, the person who first raised the question of Obama's eligibility was ..... HILLARY CLINTON.

2. Until you have something of substance to pursue, and not wild, out-of-your-ear fantasies and accusations, you have no right to Trump's records. Get over it --- grow up ---- and move on.

I'd prefer he divest, but I'm not nearly as concerned about whether he actually sells off the assets as I am about visibility. With comprehensive visibility, we can know "what's up." Knowing "what's up," the people, the Congress and the Courts are in a position to hold him accountable and take action if he crosses the line. That's enough for me. His situation is unique -- private mega-business owner rather than owners of public company securities -- so I can get with the idea of taking a little bit different tack. Full and complete disclosure is that tack; that's the compromise with which I'd feel comfortable.

Selling them off is the only way he can be conflict of interest free. PERIOD

I'm not sure how THAT works ---- Sasha Obama went from 9 years old to worth $19 million in the eight years her dad was in the WH. I don't remember her writing any books.

So much for that transparency thing, huh?

Of course you have a LINK to that.

Of course, I do ---- I'm not a liberal, after all.

Malia Obama Highest-Paid Heir in the World - Mediamass

Obama's daughter now worth over $300 million

This is a good example of a fake news. How is this even possible? Why is this only coming from unknown or never heard media? If this is true......... It will be all over the Wall Street news. Don't you think? Maybe this link might help you.

Is Malia Obama the 'Highest-Paid Heir' In the World?

Malia Obama has accomplished quite a lot recently. President Barack Obama’s oldest daughter graduated from high school last year and is set to attend Harvard in fall 2017. Being named the highest-paid heir in the world, however, is not among her impressive achievements. This claim is a hoax.

According to Snopes, the false claim originated in an article on Media Mass. It claimed that Obama has taken the top spot on People with Money’s top 10 highest-paid heirs for 2017. However, no such magazine even exists.

Wrong. It WAS discussed in national conservative media ... but, the sycophantic left-wing press rolled over and buried the questions about HER wealth. The claim that Snopes investigated was about Obama himself, not about Malia.

You can chose to believe anything you wish, Trump has said he has no loans or other current business dealings with anyone is Russia and while in office his companies will not develop anything outside the US. So far zero evidence has been produced to the contrary, the only thing you folks have is wishful thinking and none of the committees will request his returns with no evidence.

A President has to be conflict of interest free, according to the Constitu
You can chose to believe anything you wish, Trump has said he has no loans or other current business dealings with anyone is Russia and while in office his companies will not develop anything outside the US. So far zero evidence has been produced to the contrary, the only thing you folks have is wishful thinking and none of the committees will request his returns with no evidence.[/QUO

The Constitution is very clear on this:

Article I, Section 9: “No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept any present, Emolument, Office or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince or foreign State.”

While the rules of punctuation in force in the late 18th century might seem baffling to present-day eyes, the meaning of the paragraph is clear and straightforward enough. No officeholder should be offered a payoff or inducement, and no one should accept either one from any foreign power.
JULES WITCOVER: Trump gets a free ride on conflicts of interest

The Trump empire has expanded into many foreign countries, including China, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, etc. etc. etc.

Trump's Hotels In China Could Be A Conflict For The President-Elect
Trump sons to attend golf course grand opening in Dubai
Countries where Trump does business are not hit by new travel restrictions
Trump registered eight companies in Saudi Arabia during campaign: report

Simply putting them into his kids names does not relieve him of this responsibility, as he is still going to protect his "kids" assets no matter what. IOW he's held hostage by several different FOREIGN countries & that is a National Security risk.

Again, if Republicans refuse to do anything about this, Democrats are certain too when they take over in 2018. They're going to make a big scene about it, along with the Russian hacking. If Republicans can do 8 investigations into Benghazi, with Obama in the Oval office, it's not to hard to imagine what they'll do with this.

And this is why for the last 40 YEARS all Republican & Democrat Presidential contenders have released their income tax returns. Simply to prove they have no foreign conflicts of interest.

Hey dummy, selling consumer goods at market rates does not constitute a conflict of interest, it doesn't matter who the customer is. If someone is paying more than market, you might have a point. Right now, you don't.

Well, It really doesn't matter that I can discern which it is.....Knowing as I now do that it's at least one of the options I suggested is enough.

Hey dummy, selling consumer goods at market rates does not constitute a conflict of interest, it doesn't matter who the customer is. If someone is paying more than market, you might have a point. Right now, you don't.

th

have you considered those meetings might have had something to do with Sessions duties as a US Senator.

This looks like a duck...

droppedImage_2.jpg

It's not; it's a goose.

This looks like a goose...

muscovy-duck-walking-1.jpg

It's not; it's a duck.

When one examines each more closely, one does indeed discern that the first is a goose and the second is a duck, but that closer look is necessary. And guess what, if you ask the beasts themselves, you won't get the answer. That's where we find ourselves with Trump, Sessions and perhaps others in the Trump Administration.

th

CxkIWKrXcAAr5YW.jpg

Under oath and testifying before Congress, Sessions stated, "...I did not have communications with the Russians." Now maybe he met with the Russian Ambassador under the auspices of his job as a Senator on the Armed Services Committee, and maybe he didn't. Either way, the fact remains; he met with the man in July 2016 at the GOP convention.

th

CxkIWKrXcAAr5YW.jpg

Under oath and testifying before Congress, Sessions stated, "...I did not have communications with the Russians." Now maybe he met with the Russian Ambassador under the auspices of his job as a Senator on the Armed Services Committee, and maybe he didn't. Either way, the fact remains; he met with the man in July 2016 at the GOP convention.

The questioning in the Senate were in relation to the campaign, but hey, let's not let little things like facts get in the way of good propaganda.

th

CxkIWKrXcAAr5YW.jpg

Out of context, of course ...

SEN. AL FRANKEN: "If there was any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this (2016) campaign, what would you do?," the Minnesota Democrat asked.
SESSIONS: "I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians."

Democrat Senator Claire McCaskill, who sits on the Senate Armed Services Committee, claimed last night she has never had any meetings or discussions with the Russian ambassador, "ever." She sent the statement in a tweet attacking former colleague Attorney General Jeff Sessions over his meetings with the Russian ambassador last year in his capacity of Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee.

✔@clairecmc

I've been on the Armed Services Com for 10 years.No call or meeting w/Russian ambassador. Ever. Ambassadors call members of Foreign Rel Com.

Flashback:

"Off to a meeting w/ Russian ambassador," she said in January 2013.

"Today calls with British, Russian and German ambassadors re: Iran deal. #Doingmyhomework," McCaskill tweeted in August 2015.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is facing pressure to recuse himself from his new job, after reports reveal he spoke with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak twice last year. Some of his former colleagues, even Republican ones, are claiming he misled the Senate Judiciary Committee at his confirmation hearing in January when the committee asked him about his contact with Russian officials. Yet, the question was specifically related to whether he spoke with Russia about the 2016 presidential campaign. Sessions insists he did not.

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV), as an indirect defense of Sessions' talks with Russia, revealed on CNN that he himself has met with the Russian ambassador with a group of other senators.

“Yes, that happens,” he said. “We meet with all the ambassadors or try to anyway to build relationships.”

It’s not unusual, he said.

th

CxkIWKrXcAAr5YW.jpg

SEN. AL FRANKEN: "If there was any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this (2016) campaign, what would you do?," the Minnesota Democrat asked.
SESSIONS: "I'm not aware of any of those activities. "

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

Sessions: I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.

Clearly he did have contact with the Russians. He met with the Russian ambassador twice during the campaign season and then lied to congress about it.

He was all over FOX NEWS protecting the Comrade all of the time, including the grabbing women by the genitals disclosure.
It’s not clear if Jeff Sessions thinks grabbing a woman by the crotch is sexual assault

Jeff Sessions: Donald Trump Grabbing Genitals Is Not Sexual Assault

Sessions most certainly WAS a member of the Trump pom pom squad aka surrogate.

Last edited:

th

CxkIWKrXcAAr5YW.jpg

Sessions: I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.

Clearly he did have contact with the Russians. He met with the Russian ambassador twice during the campaign season and then lied to congress about it.

He was all over FOX NEWS protecting the Comrade all of the time, including the grabbing women by the genitals disclosure.
It’s not clear if Jeff Sessions thinks grabbing a woman by the crotch is sexual assault

Sessions most certainly WAS a member of the Trump pom pom squad.

Yeah, Claire McCaskill said she's never met the Russian Ambassador, it's been proven she has. What are you going to accuse her of, oh right, not a damn thing, she has a D by her name. The fact is congresscritters meet with foreign officials all the time, now it's suddenly a big deal when one of a particular party does it. Ryan said this morning that Russia did try to influence the election, he also said to this point there is NO evidence that ANY American was colluding with them.

CxkIWKrXcAAr5YW.jpg

Yeah, Claire McCaskill said she's never met the Russian Ambassador, it's been proven she has. What are you going to accuse her of, oh right, not a damn thing, she has a D by her name. The fact is congresscritters meet with foreign officials all the time, now it's suddenly a big deal when one of a particular party does it. Ryan said this morning that Russia did try to influence the election, he also said to this point there is NO evidence that ANY American was colluding with them.

Well yeah it's a biggy deal when you're part of the Trump campaign and you're meeting with a foreign adversary whom at the same time they're hacking into our Democracy to interfere with an American national election, and then LIES to congress about his contacts. In this country that's considered TREASON.

The only deniers out there that have continually DENIED that Putin hacked into DNC databases and spread all kinds of FAKE news on Social media outlets was Trump.

Even at one point stating "he knows people" that know more than the FBI, CIA, department of Homeland Security and 13 other intelligence agencies, and "he'll get back with us next week on that." Of course he never did--LOL

th

Jeff Sessions was never qualified to be attorney General. He was turned down for a district court Judge during the Bush administration over his many racists comments, and if he doesn't know what the FUCK sexual assault is, he has no business being in this position. He was and has been a faithful supporter of Trump. He met with the Russian ambassador twice during the campaign season, and then LIED about it to congress. He cannot be trusted in this position, and he certainly has no business looking at notes over this Russian hacking investigation, much less being in charge of it.
Jeff Sessions: Donald Trump Grabbing Genitals Is Not Sexual Assault
That time the Senate denied Jeff Sessions a federal judgeship over accusations of racism

Last edited:

CxkIWKrXcAAr5YW.jpg

Well yeah it's a biggy deal when you're part of the Trump campaign and you're meeting with a foreign adversary whom at the same time they're hacking into our Democracy to interfere with an American national election, and then LIES to congress about his contacts. In this country that's considered TREASON.

The only deniers out there that have continually DENIED that Putin hacked into DNC databases and spread all kinds of FAKE news on Social media outlets was Trump.

Even at one point stating "he knows people" that know more than the FBI, CIA, department of Homeland Security and 13 other intelligence agencies, and "he'll get back with us next week on that." Of course he never did--LOL

th

Yeah, yeah, when a republican farts you regressives consider it treason, you never considered your dear leader sucking Putins dick treason. He let them take Crimea and attack Ukraine with impunity. Your hypocrisy is astonishing.

th

CxkIWKrXcAAr5YW.jpg

The questioning in the Senate were in relation to the campaign, but hey, let's not let little things like facts get in the way of good propaganda.

Oh, yes, of course, because Sessions' going to a Heritage Foundation event in Cleveland and meeting the Russian Ambassador there would have nothing to do with Trump's campaign, particularly seeing as the Russians are so interested in the topics discussed: Saving Free Speech in a Safety-first World, or perhaps California’s Rush to Restrict Religious Freedom in Higher Education, or maybe The Federal Misedukation [sic] of America’s Children. Sure, those are all topics that feature prominently in Putin's mind, thus making it perfectly sensible for the Russian Ambassador to attend and meet Sessions in Cleveland instead of at any of the myriad other places in the D.C. area where they both work.
But whatever they discussed had nothing to do with the campaign, perhaps because it was about U.S. military plans, abilities, etc., or maybe they discussed U.S. judicial matters, or perhaps it was just to talk about aspects of the federal budget, or a public works project the government was carrying out.

th

CxkIWKrXcAAr5YW.jpg

Oh, yes, of course, because Sessions' going to a Heritage Foundation event in Cleveland and meeting the Russian Ambassador there would have nothing to do with Trump's campaign, particularly seeing as the Russians are so interested in the topics discussed: Saving Free Speech in a Safety-first World, or perhaps California’s Rush to Restrict Religious Freedom in Higher Education, or maybe The Federal Misedukation [sic] of America’s Children. Sure, those are all topics that feature prominently in Putin's mind, thus making it perfectly sensible for the Russian Ambassador to attend and meet Sessions in Cleveland instead of at any of the myriad other places in the D.C. area where they both work.
But whatever they discussed had nothing to do with the campaign, perhaps because it was about U.S. military plans, abilities, etc., or maybe they discussed U.S. judicial matters, or perhaps it was just to talk about aspects of the federal budget, or a public works project the government was carrying out.

How many other politicians were at that event? And maybe it was about another committee assignment dealing with international drug trafficking. Or maybe they discussed the weather or their grandchildren. That seems to be a popular topic among the Washington elite.

Forum List

Back