Respected Kuwaiti Scholar on NECESSITY of Beating Your Wife

Kuwaiti Scholar Jassem Al-Mutawa: Wife Beating in Islam Treats Women Suffering from Masochism - YouTube

These are from the mouth of the lion. He said them and he owns them. Nothing out of context.

Summary:
(1) Beating are not only allowed by the Koran they are promoted by the Koran.
(2) Without wife beatings the family dynamic breaks down and leads to divorce.
(3) Using harsh words towards a disobedient wife is a must, aka spousal mental abuse is an Islamic duty! Don't leave out breaking her down mentally also!
(4) Refusal of sex is a just reason to beat your wive.
(5) Beat your wive with one of the assortment of rods. They are the "Rods of Obedience." Do you see the size of some of those rods. They are huge. Broken bones all in the name of Islam, so it AOK.
(6) Beating one's wife is a Husband's RIGHT. He can't be prosecuted under the law, unless he kills her! :eek:
(7) A wife has no right to beat her husband, even in self-defense. "Islam spared the wife of a need to use violence." However, a wife can get another man to beat her husband, but only after she goes to court and the court awards it. Yep fat chance of that happening.
(8) Comical moment in the broadcast: Beating your wife with a handkerchief is considered "extreme" and even laughable. I would do no damage.
(9) Beating your wife sends a message: "I'm not pleased with your behavior."
(10) The cure to the mental disorders of sadism and masochism? You guessed it - BEATING YOUR WIFE!!! Not only does the Koran allow this it promotes it as a cure! Don't take the Koran's word for it, Islamic psychiatrist say it's the cure and regularly tell the husbands of their patients to start beating their wives!
(11) BIGGEST FABRICATION: The scholar actually claims: "No women died from Islamic wife beatings." OK nutbar!

Not much of a surprise, beating your wife is part of the culture in Islamic countries.

No it is not! These are the words of some extremist nut case. Wife beating is in no part of Islamic culture. You are believing in something that is not reality. It's like believing that the way the Westboro Baptist church sees the world is the way ALL Christians see the world and behave. Don't be so gullible.

Those tenets are cruel, unfair, and inhumane. If mainstream Islam truly adheres to them, then that is to their shame.

Mainstream Islam does not adhere to those ideas. You are given an example of one extremist and are asked to assume that he speaks for most Muslims. It's like believing the head of the Westboro Baptist Church speaks for all Christians. Don't be gullible.

It's nice to meet you, Esmeralda.

I'm a skeptical and pragmatic individual. Mainstream Islam may not adhere to those ideas... they may say that they don't, either. There have been some times in my experience where I wonder why mainstream Muslims don't rigorously denounce radical Muslims, and point them out. It is something I've wondered for years, with good reason. Lately, my favorite liberal Bob Beckel has made more than his fair share of points regarding those mainstream Muslims who seem rather tepid about radical Islam. If those Muslims wanted my trust, they'd do all that they could to furiously denounce those murderers and throw them out of their midst. When I consider people, I consider their actions... not their words.

Most flavors of Christianity strongly denounce the WBC. I would like to see the same of Muslims and radical Islam.

Kuwaiti Scholar Jassem Al-Mutawa: Wife Beating in Islam Treats Women Suffering from Masochism - YouTube

These are from the mouth of the lion. He said them and he owns them. Nothing out of context.

Summary:
(1) Beating are not only allowed by the Koran they are promoted by the Koran.
(2) Without wife beatings the family dynamic breaks down and leads to divorce.
(3) Using harsh words towards a disobedient wife is a must, aka spousal mental abuse is an Islamic duty! Don't leave out breaking her down mentally also!
(4) Refusal of sex is a just reason to beat your wive.
(5) Beat your wive with one of the assortment of rods. They are the "Rods of Obedience." Do you see the size of some of those rods. They are huge. Broken bones all in the name of Islam, so it AOK.
(6) Beating one's wife is a Husband's RIGHT. He can't be prosecuted under the law, unless he kills her! :eek:
(7) A wife has no right to beat her husband, even in self-defense. "Islam spared the wife of a need to use violence." However, a wife can get another man to beat her husband, but only after she goes to court and the court awards it. Yep fat chance of that happening.
(8) Comical moment in the broadcast: Beating your wife with a handkerchief is considered "extreme" and even laughable. I would do no damage.
(9) Beating your wife sends a message: "I'm not pleased with your behavior."
(10) The cure to the mental disorders of sadism and masochism? You guessed it - BEATING YOUR WIFE!!! Not only does the Koran allow this it promotes it as a cure! Don't take the Koran's word for it, Islamic psychiatrist say it's the cure and regularly tell the husbands of their patients to start beating their wives!
(11) BIGGEST FABRICATION: The scholar actually claims: "No women died from Islamic wife beatings." OK nutbar!

Not much of a surprise, beating your wife is part of the culture in Islamic countries.

No it is not! These are the words of some extremist nut case. Wife beating is in no part of Islamic culture. You are believing in something that is not reality. It's like believing that the way the Westboro Baptist church sees the world is the way ALL Christians see the world and behave. Don't be so gullible.

Please, what is the penalty for beating your wife in Kuwait or the Gaza strip?

Those tenets are cruel, unfair, and inhumane. If mainstream Islam truly adheres to them, then that is to their shame.

Mainstream Islam does not adhere to those ideas. You are given an example of one extremist and are asked to assume that he speaks for most Muslims. It's like believing the head of the Westboro Baptist Church speaks for all Christians. Don't be gullible.

I'm a skeptical and pragmatic individual. Mainstream Islam may not adhere to those ideas... they may say that they don't, either. There have been some times in my experience where I wonder why mainstream Muslims don't rigorously denounce radical Muslims, and point them out. It is something I've wondered for years, with good reason. Lately, my favorite liberal Bob Beckel has made more than his fair share of points regarding those mainstream Muslims who seem rather tepid about radical Islam. If those Muslims wanted my trust, they'd do all that they could to furiously denounce those murderers and throw them out of their midst. When I consider people, I consider their actions... not their words.

Most flavors of Christianity strongly denounce the WBC. I would like to see the same of Muslims and radical Islam.

You are expecting them to explain to YOU and denounce to YOU, the bad people in their culture, the people who are criminals, violent, evil. Do you explain to THEM and denounce to THEM all the bad people in your culture doing bad evil things to others? Do you go to the press and go to the Muslim people and explain and denounce all the serial killers, all the people who are mass murderers in cinemas and schools, all the men in the USA who are beating their wives, all the child rapists, all the rapists and murderers in the US? Do you turn to the Muslims and say how bad all this is and apologize to them for the acts of these bad people in your culture? Of course you don't. But you expect Muslims to give you an explanation, a denouncement, an apology for the evil people in their culture who do bad things. Why?

http://www.unicef.org/gender/files/Kuwait-Gender-Eqaulity-Profile-2011.pdf

It isn't my responsibility to educate you. If you want to remain ignorant, do so. Be advised however that both Kuwait and Gaza are very small countries. There are 1.7 billion Muslims in the world. A tiny, tiny percentage of the live in Kuwait and Gaza. Also, Muslims live in many different countries and cultures. Laws are based on culture. Each country and each culture is different. As little as 15-20 years ago men who beat and killed their wives in some South American countries were not penalized, not arrested, not sent to prison. It is because of their macho culture. It's better there now, but closer to the cultures you are so set on finding fault with now. And those South American cultures are all Christian. Be informed instead of making decisions about things with little or no knowledge of that culture and other cultures and history.

You are expecting them to explain to YOU and denounce to YOU, the bad people in their culture, the people who are criminals, violent, evil. Do you explain to THEM and denounce to THEM all the bad people in your culture doing bad evil things to others? Do you go to the press and go to the Muslim people and explain and denounce all the serial killers, all the people who are mass murderers in cinemas and schools, all the men in the USA who are beating their wives, all the child rapists, all the rapists and murderers in the US? Do you turn to the Muslims and say how bad all this is and apologize to them for the acts of these bad people in your culture? Of course you don't. But you expect Muslims to give you an explanation, a denouncement, an apology for the evil people in their culture who do bad things. Why?

May I call you Esme?

I would like to see Muslims be more vocal in their denunciation of radical Islam. It is generally accepted by people in the "American culture" that doing the things you have said are wrong. However, it would seem that members of "normal Islam" in America and abroad aren't very vocal, at all. Some are, and that's good. Others aren't. Would you agree that it would be better for Muslims if they actually showed anger and shame towards radical Islamists? I think so. How can one trust some people in mainstream Islam when all that is generated from them in the wake of terrorism is hum-drum indifference? If they are Americans and they want my trust and the trust of others, they'd be wise to show more fire in the belly against their radicalized counterparts.

And one more thing ought to be made clear Esmeralda. I'm not expecting normal Muslims to explain the actions of their counterparts, or apologize for their actions. What I expect to see is reasonable denunciation. It is difficult to trust Muslims when some Muslims couldn't care less when fellow Americans are killed.

http://www.unicef.org/gender/files/Kuwait-Gender-Eqaulity-Profile-2011.pdf

It isn't my responsibility to educate you. If you want to remain ignorant, do so. Be advised however that both Kuwait and Gaza are very small countries. There are 1.7 billion Muslims in the world. A tiny, tiny percentage of the live in Kuwait and Gaza. Also, Muslims live in many different countries and cultures. Laws are based on culture. Each country and each culture is different. As little as 15-20 years ago men who beat and killed their wives in some South American countries were not penalized, not arrested, not sent to prison. It is because of their macho culture. It's better there now, but closer to the cultures you are so set on finding fault with now. And those South American cultures are all Christian. Be informed instead of making decisions about things with little or no knowledge of that culture and other cultures and history.

Kuwait and Gaza were just examples but feel free to let me know, in what Muslim country do men recieve jail time for beating their wives? you sound like the ignorant one here champ.

Before a family court the testimony of a woman is worth half of that of
a man.

This is from the link you posted to me Esmeralda, and you have some damn nerve saying I'm the ignorant one.

May I call you Esme?

I would like to see Muslims be more vocal in their denunciation of radical Islam. It is generally accepted by people in the "American culture" that doing the things you have said are wrong. However, it would seem that members of "normal Islam" in America and abroad aren't very vocal, at all. Some are, and that's good. Others aren't. Would you agree that it would be better for Muslims if they actually showed anger and shame towards radical Islamists? I think so. How can one trust some people in mainstream Islam when all that is generated from them in the wake of terrorism is hum-drum indifference? If they are Americans and they want my trust and the trust of others, they'd be wise to show more fire in the belly against their radicalized counterparts.

And one more thing ought to be made clear Esmeralda. I'm not expecting normal Muslims to explain the actions of their counterparts, or apologize for their actions. What I expect to see is reasonable denunciation. It is difficult to trust Muslims when some Muslims couldn't care less when fellow Americans are killed.

Just Google Muslims denounce terrorism and you will get page after page after page of Muslim people denouncing terrorist actions.

Just Google Muslims denounce terrorism and you will get page after page after page of Muslim people denouncing terrorist actions.

The amount is the issue. There needs to be more. I'd like to actually see Muslims good and angry about these murderous terrorists, and, if they know of any radical Muslim terrorist, point them out.

If they do that enough, they will earn far more respect. More respect than tepid indifference in general can earn.

a man.

This is from the link you posted to me Esmeralda, and you have some damn nerve saying I'm the ignorant one.

This is Kuwait. A tiny fraction of all the 1.7 billion Muslims in the world live in Kuwait. If you read all the information in the site, you will also find that the laws have been and are changing and women are getting more and more rights. It is modernization. I don't know how old you are, but I can remember when a man beating up his wife, in the USA, was no big deal. He did not go to jail unless the wife pressed charges, and they usually didn't. It was considered a domestic problem and the authorities did not get involved. They did not arrest men who beat their wives, in the US, unless the wife insisted on it. It was a "domestic." Not a matter for the police or courts. A man beating his wife was accepted in the USA as normal up until about 20-30 years ago. The attitude toward domestic violence in our country is a new thing. Watch the old Honeymooners TV program where Ralph jokes on every episode about hitting his wife. It used to be a JOKE in our society; nothing like it is today.

35 years ago the man I was living with hit me in the face, there was blood and swelling. The police told me I was making too much of it and he was a nice guy. They essentially told me I was an idiot to file charges and make an issue of it. Our attitude about domestic violence is very recent and we are in no position to set ourselves about other cultures. That doesn't mean we say it is okay, but it does mean we stop judging others and look down our noses at them and say how barbaric they are. We are barbaric too. Look at how many woman are still physically abused in the US today. Women and children. Often in the name of God, often by church groups. Do some reading.

Stop judging other people. You don't even know about your own country's history on this issue. You don't even know that a man in South American countries could kill his wife and not be arrested or anything until up to 15 or 20 years ago and these are Christian countries.

Last edited:
a man.

This is Kuwait. A tiny fraction of all the 1.7 billion Muslims in the world live in Kuwait. If you read all the information in the site, you will also find that the laws have been and are changing and women are getting more and more rights. It is modernization. I don't know how old you are, but I can remember when a man beating up his wife, in the USA, was no big deal. He did not go to jail unless the wife pressed charges, and they usually didn't. A man beating his wife was accepted in the USA as normal up until about 20-30 years ago. The attitude toward domestic violence in our country is a new thing. Watch the old Honeymooners TV program where Ralph jokes on every episode about hitting his wife. It used to be a JOKE in our society; nothing like it is today.

Stop judging other people. You don't even know about your own country's history on this issue. You don't even know that a man in South American countries could kill his wife and not be arrested or anything until up to 15 or 20 years ago and these are Christian countries.

So? show me a Muslim country now where men who beat their wives even get a stern talking to, let alone jail time.

This is Kuwait. A tiny fraction of all the 1.7 billion Muslims in the world live in Kuwait. If you read all the information in the site, you will also find that the laws have been and are changing and women are getting more and more rights. It is modernization. I don't know how old you are, but I can remember when a man beating up his wife, in the USA, was no big deal. He did not go to jail unless the wife pressed charges, and they usually didn't. A man beating his wife was accepted in the USA as normal up until about 20-30 years ago. The attitude toward domestic violence in our country is a new thing. Watch the old Honeymooners TV program where Ralph jokes on every episode about hitting his wife. It used to be a JOKE in our society; nothing like it is today.

So? show me a Muslim country now where men who beat their wives even get a stern talking to, let alone jail time.

For fuck sake, look it up your self you fucking moron. It is not my job to educate you. Look it up the fuck yourself. You are ignorant. That is not my problem. I read. I inform myself. You want to pay me a few thousand dollars to give you an education, fine. Otherwise do the fucking work yourself or remain ignorant!!!

For fuck sake, look it up your self you fucking moron. It is not my job to educate you. Look it up the fuck yourself. You are ignorant. That is not my problem. I read. I inform myself. You want to pay me a few thousand dollars to give you an education, fine. Otherwise do the fucking work yourself or remain ignorant!!!

I see, so instead of listing a Muslim country where beating your wife is a crime you resort to personal insults. You are angry because wife beating is perfectly ok in Muslim countries, it is not a crime and you are ashamed because you can't do anything about it.

a man.

This is Kuwait. A tiny fraction of all the 1.7 billion Muslims in the world live in Kuwait. If you read all the information in the site, you will also find that the laws have been and are changing and women are getting more and more rights. It is modernization. I don't know how old you are, but I can remember when a man beating up his wife, in the USA, was no big deal. He did not go to jail unless the wife pressed charges, and they usually didn't. It was considered a domestic problem and the authorities did not get involved. They did not arrest men who beat their wives, in the US, unless the wife insisted on it. It was a "domestic." Not a matter for the police or courts. A man beating his wife was accepted in the USA as normal up until about 20-30 years ago. The attitude toward domestic violence in our country is a new thing. Watch the old Honeymooners TV program where Ralph jokes on every episode about hitting his wife. It used to be a JOKE in our society; nothing like it is today.

35 years ago the man I was living with hit me in the face, there was blood and swelling. The police told me I was making too much of it and he was a nice guy. They essentially told me I was an idiot to file charges and make an issue of it. Our attitude about domestic violence is very recent and we are in no position to set ourselves about other cultures. That doesn't mean we say it is okay, but it does mean we stop judging others and look down our noses at them and say how barbaric they are. We are barbaric too. Look at how many woman are still physically abused in the US today. Women and children. Often in the name of God, often by church groups. Do some reading.

Correct.

And this type of treatment of women is mostly cultural, not religious, dating back to long before the advent of Islam.

Because we are against domestic abuse regardless of the source. Especially when it's institutionalized.

Your whacky cult was started by a polygamist wife-beater. I think you all need to look closer to home.

This isn't any of our business, and we need to stop getting involved in it. We have plenty of problems to solve right here at home, we don't need to be going halfway around the world to look for other people's problems.

wife beater? that's a new one. But then it doesn't surprise me to see people who hate the Church just make things up now and then. My favorite is the lizard people who live in the tunnels under Salt Lake.

And no i dont have to look closer to home. My wife has no need to ever worry about me beating her. And she is not the woman to take it if I ever did. I married a good strong woman.

Last edited:

I see, so instead of listing a Muslim country where beating your wife is a crime you resort to personal insults. You are angry because wife beating is perfectly ok in Muslim countries, it is not a crime and you are ashamed because you can't do anything about it.

It is against the law in Muslim countries to be violent with anyone at any time, though the punishments may vary, but that is based on the different country, not on religion. I have spent 6 years of my life living in Muslim countries, working with Muslim women day in and day out, being their friends and colleagues. I know personally two women who divorced their husbands for not being 'nice.' The not being nice meant they were unfaithful and lazy. They divorced these guys because Muslim women can do that. They can do that in Kuwait too, if you read the whole site instead of just picking out one thing that justified what you want to believe. If a man in Kuwait beats his wife she can divorce him.

It is not my job to educate you or anyone. If you want to believe the rantings of some guy who is no better than Jerry Farwell and the like, do so, but you will be believing in things that are not true, you will remain ignorant. If that's what you want, then do so, but do not expect to sit back and be fed an education Learn about these things yourself. When I realize some issue has come up of which I am ignorant, I find out about it. That's what educated people do.

Last edited:

It is against the law in Muslim countries to be violent with anyone at any time, though the punishments may vary, but that is based on the different country, not on religion. I have spent 6 years of my life living in Muslim countries, working with Muslim women day in and day out, being their friends and colleagues. I know personally two women who divorced their husbands for not being 'nice.' The not being nice meant they were unfaithful and lazy. They divorced these guys because Muslim women can do that. They can do that in Kuwait too, if you read the whole site instead of just picking out one thing that justified what you want to believe. If a man in Kuwait beats his wife she can divorce him.

It is not my job to educate you or anyone. If you want to believe the rantings of some guy who is no better than Jerry Farwell and the like, do so, but you will be believing in things that are not true, you will remain ignorant. If that's what you want, then do so, but do not expect to sit back and be fed an education Learn about these things yourself. When I realize some issue has come up of which I am ignorant, I find out about it. That's what educated people do.

You are not as smart as you think, if a man beats his wife in Kuwait she can request divorce but has to provide proof and the man is not punished in any way legally or otherwise. Just go to sleep, you are in over your head.

[

The history of the world is one people conquering another people.

The history of the world is not systematic state-sponsored genocide supported by a vast infrastructure and driven by one man's hatred and insanity because he was a failed artist and a tramp on the streets of Vienna. :

This is kind of a vapid view. Hitler didn't PERSONALLY kill anyone. He had millions of people who did the killing for him, and not all of them were Germans.

It wasn't just one insane guy. It was 2000 years of "You killed our Magic God Man" being fed into western culture, followed by guys like Darwin and others creating a "Scientific" rationale for racism.

It wasn't just Hitler saying "Let's kill the Jews". it was millions of other saying, "Yeah, that sounds reasonable!" Until they actually saw what they did... and felt really bad about it.

"Hey, let's show how sorry we are by displacing ANOTHER group of people!"

Hmmmm... think someone missed the point.

[But then again, you can probably relate to the latter. You hate Mormons. Hitler hated Jews. There's no difference between you and Hitler.
:

Every time I start to think you might be one of the more intelligent posters on the right, you say asspoundingly stupid things like this.

For the record. I was completely right about Romney. He lost an election the GOP should have won by a landslide. I told you it was a mistake, you did it anyway, and you can't man up and admit your fuckup.

Yes, the batshit crazy religion he belonged to turned people off. So did his slimy business practices and saying shit like "I like to fire people" and praising China for crowding 120 women into a dormatory with one can to make assholes like him richer.

He put plutocracy on the ballot, and it lost.

The funny part. Watching all the USMB Wingnuts who praised Romney to the hilt last year breaking bad on him now.

If you don't like idiotic false analogies, don't use them.

America = Nazis

is as valid as

you = Hitler

But when you operate in The Fog of Hate as you do, you can't see the difference.

Forum List

Back